The Jam Cruise Forum

It is currently Wed Oct 22, 2014 11:07 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 820 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 55  Next
 Post subject: Help I need a spot!!!!!!!!!!!!!
PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2009 11:30 am 

GET UMPHRIES BACK ON THE BOAT!!!

I am going to bump this thread daily for the rest of the year!!

PLEASE THEY ARE JC FAMILY LIKE KARL & GALACTIC!!!!!!!!

Anyone who wants UM back please bump too.

Sorry to be so ridiculous but I need a full on rock show!!!! :twisted:

Last edited by treetopp on Tue Nov 20, 2012 9:35 pm, edited 9 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2009 11:44 am 

I would happily pay twice what I did if I could see UM on the ship, even if they only played one set. I should have started campaigning earlier, but I'm a newbie so I didn't feel entitled. But then I guess G-UMOTS doesn't have quite the same ring to it...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2009 11:46 am 

Hey Kittynurse I think I stood in front of you in the keller show last night I had on a dead shirt.

We need 2 full pool deck shows!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2009 11:47 am 

kittynurse wrote:
I would happily pay twice what I did if I could see UM on the ship, even if they only played one set. I should have started campaigning earlier, but I'm a newbie so I didn't feel entitled. But then I guess G-UMOTS doesn't have quite the same ring to it...

I don't know about $3000 for an extra UM show (You must have come down with Umphreakmania) but bump.... They are definitely my fave Jam band that was left out of JC7

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2009 11:47 am 

i would prebook right now.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2009 11:57 am 

treetopp wrote:
Hey Kittynurse I think I stood in front of you in the keller show last night I had on a dead shirt.

We need 2 full pool deck shows!

I was only half costumed on the last night; I felt silly being all mopey and sad while completely dressed up, but a friend called me out for wearing normal clothes after throwing down with costumes all week, so I was wearing a red corset with jeans and standing on the stage right stairs. Sound familiar? You should have said hi!

And frankly, I'm all for nightly UM pool deck shows. In fact, they should play JC and also have their own cruise. UMCruise. Bring it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2009 11:57 am 

i dunno if you saw this, i posted this in JC7 observations right after getting home, it kinda left a real bad taste in my mouth...

"one thing ill bitch about is i sat next to the drummer from umphreys in chilis at the airport. my girl and i overheard him tell some chick who said she wanted to go to jazz fest, that jazz fest wasnt that great, it was full of meatheads and he didnt understand what the big deal was. Then he said robert walters was full of himself and that he probley wouldnt do jam cruise again because its a soul/funk thing and also said that robert told him he needed to play more in the pocket. This kind of pissed me off this morning and i really wanted to say something to him but whatever i didnt. to each his own."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2009 12:02 pm 

kidadam wrote:
i dunno if you saw this, i posted this in JC7 observations right after getting home, it kinda left a real bad taste in my mouth...

"one thing ill bitch about is i sat next to the drummer from umphreys in chilis at the airport. my girl and i overheard him tell some chick who said she wanted to go to jazz fest, that jazz fest wasnt that great, it was full of meatheads and he didnt understand what the big deal was. Then he said robert walters was full of himself and that he probley wouldnt do jam cruise again because its a soul/funk thing and also said that robert told him he needed to play more in the pocket. This kind of pissed me off this morning and i really wanted to say something to him but whatever i didnt. to each his own."
i had the exact opposite experience with him he was really friendly and bought me a drink.when i saw him the next day he remebered my name and came over and said hello .ryan stasik came over and introduced himself to me at the pooldeck bar at 8am.the umph guys are really cool.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2009 12:05 pm 

kidadam wrote:

I almost replied to this the first time I read it but then thought better of it because I'm trying to be less of a bitch. I'm really sorry, but do you really think it's okay to eavesdrop on the conversation of an artist AND hate on them for having a private conversation that you don't like? First, there's an important lesson here: Don't get too close to the band if you don't want your relationship with the music to change. There's an exception for JC, but didn't this exchange happen at the airport? He was on his own time then. In real life, keep the music separate from the people making it if you don't want the god-like image shattered. Just my opinion, but it's one I've gained from experience.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2009 12:07 pm 

Well that is relevant news though if he doesn't want to play the boat anymore.

I was told something similar from a member of DSO and he told me that Donna felt that way too... Some artists don't like the constant interaction. I can understand that.

...and then there are the Lee Boys...

Ain't hesitating,
Ain't deliberating,
I got to see it again.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2009 12:08 pm 

kittynurse wrote:
kidadam wrote:

I almost replied to this the first time I read it but then thought better of it because I'm trying to be less of a bitch. I'm really sorry, but do you really think it's okay to eavesdrop on the conversation of an artist AND hate on them for having a private conversation that you don't like? First, there's an important lesson here: Don't get too close to the band if you don't want your relationship with the music to change. There's an exception for JC, but didn't this exchange happen at the airport? He was on his own time then. In real life, keep the music separate from the people making it if you don't want the god-like image shattered. Just my opinion, but it's one I've gained from experience.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2009 12:11 pm 

kidadam wrote:

no matter what conversation you overheard at a bar...no matter if chris said..."jazzfest sucked" or "wowowow jazzfest rocks you MUST GO" , that would have been just. his. ---> opinion <--- . ...his personal opinion. what's the problem? plenty of people here are shouting praises for JC.........and plenty are bitching about it. it all boils down to YMMV.....your mileage may vary. and besides, you are reporting on a conversation you overheard... sounds like gossip to me... a "he said she said bulltshit" kinda thang.

gratuitous advice... from anyone... including but not limited to robert walters ...is often not exactly appreciated, and is often insulting. i would not be embracing a comment such as the one robert walters made were i on the receiving end either.

as longhaired freak said, i too have found chris to be been outstandingly kind and warm and friendly, as are all the other UM musicians. i hope they do return to JC. mad love to them!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2009 3:43 pm 

I wasnt trying to eavesdrop. It was pretty much unavoidable. Whatever, hes always been nice to me also, we even talked about the Yacht Rock set, (specifically the song kid charlemegn) during the autograph session. i wasnt trying to hate, I was just trying to point out that he did say he probley wouldnt do it again. Of course he is only one member of the band. Good luck getting them on. I would say there is still a really good chance it could happen.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2009 4:46 pm 

if they offered umph enough money they'd come back.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2009 4:53 pm 

it's much easier for me to say this not being the biggest UMPH fan, but i don't think they should shell out cash at anybody who does not really want to be there. part of what makes it great is getting artists that like to hang out and sit in. imo

Bob Marley

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 820 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 55  Next