The Jam Cruise Forum

It is currently Wed Nov 26, 2014 4:22 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Julie
PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2004 3:50 pm 

any idea when the rest of the bands will be announced? before May 19? only reason i ask is cause i am on the fence and am torn on what to tell your people when they call me about the pre-booking....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2004 4:57 pm 
I just do not understand how anybody can be on the fence? Did you go last year? There is no fence........just a wide open sea of the best darn time that there is to have................................

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2004 5:11 pm 

i went last year and had the time of my life.....i am on the fence because i would like to see a few different bands than were there last year....i am happy with all announced but i am looking for that one, like the meters, that would push me over the edge.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2004 5:45 pm 
Does horsecalledmusic not have the right to be on the fence? Ever since they announced JC3, I have been reading post after post from people telling others they are not allowed to have opinions one way or the other (most of them "guests"). I went last year too, it was amazing, and I pre-booked for this year. But as long as people are being rational and making non-hostile posts with their opinions, then what is the problem? Not everyone has to be 100% satisfied with the line-up, and they should have the right to say so. This is a discussion board. You don't see sweet sistah Julie or the other Jam Cruise peeps telling people what to think. I agree that the hostile, rude, angry posts are uncalled for, but if someone isn't sure yet, or is even unhappy, none of us should tell them how to feel, right? :) I think the line up is fabulous, but I am still hoping for some certain additions, and there is nothing wrong with that. :) I was also hoping for a stop somewhere other than the Bahamas, and although I think it is going to be amazing no matter what we stop, I still have the right to say that, yes? :) Okay, enough from me, lol... Let's just all allow each other to post what we feel (as long as it's not angry!), and talk about it... That's what the message board is here for. :) Peace. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2004 5:55 pm 

Okay, so I just made a comment about "guests," and here I am showing up as a guest. This is moonmamamel, lol... For some reason, it won't let me log in...

http://www.mountainsofthemoon.com

"Forever Family, Forever Grateful"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2004 7:28 pm 
Site Admin

Hi Everyone,

The lineup will be finalized before we go on sale.

Second, we took all your suggestions into consideration about going to Jamaica, Mexico, etc...

It's not as easy as you think.

It's not like we can just say "Oh let's leave from Miami and go to Cozumel and Jamaica on this size boat, etc..."

There are MANY factors that we had to take into consideration.

This year there will be two days at sea which I think rocks!

Anyway, let's sell this puppy OUT from the get go and then next year we can move to different ports.

Cool?

Thanks!

Julie McCoy

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2004 7:33 pm 

rock on.
i have faith that you will totally pull this together and give us yet another fantastic experience on the high seas....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2004 11:21 pm 

Quote:
It's not like we can just say "Oh let's leave from Miami and go to Cozumel and Jamaica on this size boat, etc..."

There are MANY factors that we had to take into consideration.

(((JULIE)))! You know I love you lady! And I also totally have faith that you guys will make it amazing! :) I agree that there is no way that any of us could possibly fathom what it takes to put something like this together!!! All I was saying is that it sucks to see so many posts with people telling each other how they should feel about... True, anyone who is so unhappy with the line-up or where the boat is stopping that they have to get angry and hostile really shouldn't come, because we don't need that kind of negative energy there anyway ;). But as for those who are still deciding and are just curious, that is different, and it's up to each person to decide for herself (or himself :)). I for one am 100% going again and I knew that as soon as I stepped off the boat on JC1 (!!!), but I am not going to tell someone else that they HAVE to be there or say "how could you even be unsure." That was my only point. :) Maybe it's not my DREAM Jam Cruise, but what festival or tour or anything is your absolute DREAM? If we were taking a huge ass pimped out boat with the Dead headlining, going to Jamaica and Costa Rica and Mexico for really, really cheap, that would be my DREAM cruise, lol, and it doesn't exist in this reality!!! As far as I am concerned, with people like Julie planning this (<- I have hung out with this mama & she is AMAZING), it's going to be incredible no matter what. Enough said. :)

(Let's just all be nice to each other in the meantime :))

http://www.mountainsofthemoon.com

"Forever Family, Forever Grateful"