The Jam Cruise Forum

It is currently Wed Apr 23, 2014 1:52 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 203 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 14  Next
 Post subject: Apology if Offended *Renamed: Caption Me*
PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 2:56 pm 

A flower might look pretty in the sunlight but cast a shadowy colored light on it and it can take on an eerie appearance.

Everybody realized that absolutely no disrespect is intended towards anyone who has lost someone. We all know, long before we lose a loved one, that ashes and cremation are often made light of....even death itself.

I recently scattered my parents ashes down in the Keys....at one point the wind kicked up and dusted us a bit. All my Brother and I could do was laugh it off and make references to The Big Lebowski .
I plan on cremation and every time the subject comes up we talk about it lightheartedly.

I'm just not gonna shed a shadowy light on it.

Last edited by Boca Bosco on Mon Jun 22, 2009 12:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 3:21 pm 

Fuck it, dude. Let's go bowling.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 4:46 pm 

I am thinking my post sunk the boat

watch it when AB says "let's go bowling"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 5:04 pm 

I have absolutely no clue what this cryptic thread is about. :lol:

And now, back to your regularly scheduled posting :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 5:21 pm 

"Just because we are bereaved, doesn't mean we are saps. "

Big Lebowski is some pretty funny stuff.

no offense taken

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 7:18 pm 

Well for someone who lost his father 6 weeks ago i am deeply offended!!!

This is the one place in the world that i can be completely retarded (can I say retarded?) and politically incorrect and get away with it. Let's not take things too seriously, otherwise we'll be threatening copyright restrictions and lawsuits :twisted:

Humor = life! Let's go bowling.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 11:50 pm 

OK- the ashes from the boat thread is gone... I apparently missed all the drama but I can only assume my "asses from the boat" comment didn't go over well...

Wasn't trying to offend or be insensitive to anyone at all.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 12:22 am 

Just keep Richards the hell away from me

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 1:02 am 

vinceums wrote:
OK- the ashes from the boat thread is gone... I apparently missed all the drama but I can only assume my "asses from the boat" comment didn't go over well...

Wasn't trying to offend or be insensitive to anyone at all.

No, that was funny, at least to me. But then (and this will come as a shock to many of you...) I'm a smart ass myself :shock:. But my heart's in the right place. Bet that goes for all of us here. The heart part.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 1:08 am 

... was going to post a grateful memory that I read of when Jerry Garcia's ashes were also released from a boat, but, maybe this is not the place...

Dude abides... (RIP friends! ... and friends of friends...) :oops:

NOW to totally jack this thread, anybody see (... possibly on hulu.com) 'The Family Guy' where....
"List of characters in Family Guy From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia.....

Death – Harvests the souls of the dead. Portrayed as a "loser" who still lives with his mother, has asthma and has never had a successful date. Voiced by Norm Macdonald in "Death is a Bitch", then Adam Carolla in all subsequent episodes. He is seen as a skeleton in a black robe and seldom removes his hood; underneath his hood is a human skull with spiders and snakes serpenting in and out of the eye sockets, mouth and ear cavities, as seen in "Death Lives". He once used his eye socket as a bottle-opener. He apparently hates the fact that he is technically dead and the fact that he has no buttocks ("I am minus an ass"). He doesn't seem to be very good at his job, as he is easily fooled by faked deaths. Peter and the Griffins have a somewhat good relationship with him. When Death sprained his ankle and was unable to do his job, Peter unwittingly revealed that all of humanity is immortal while he heals. After Death discovers this, Peter fills in his role as the Grim Reaper and is charged with killing the kids from Dawson's Creek. Peter fails in this endeavor, accidentally killing the pilot and co-pilot of the plane. This fact, however, made it clear to the public that Death was back in business while the plane was safely landed by Karen Black. He also appears to have time travel abilities. He is not (and probably never will be) above necrophilia, although his romantic interests focus mainly on the living. He has lost his gag reflex due to films he is not proud of. He is often seen wearing a Providence College sweatshirt, most likely meaning he attended college there. He is not usually seen using his scythe. The living usually tend to die as soon as they make physical contact with him (except in "Death is a Bitch", where the Griffins perform actions such as Peter carrying him in the living room and Stewie rubbing his foot). He has a dog who strongly resembles him and is apparently charged with harvesting souls of dead dogs as his master does with humans. Voiced by Jimmy Kimmel, the dog is very briefly seen when Brian nearly chokes to death on a dinner roll which, in return, chokes Peter's boss Mr Weed and kills him. His mother was briefly voiced by Estelle Harris, and also resembles her son, save for wearing an apron and glasses and having gray hair. He is briefly seen driving a yellow Volkswagen Beetle which he then drunkenly crashes into a police car parked in front of him. He led an unhappy teenage life due to the fact that he could never get close to girls. He is revealed to have lost his virginity through necrophilia, having sex with a recently-deceased girl's body."

-LIFE is ALSO for the LIVING!... (audionaut hopes to not have offended anyone with his living... or dying for that matter----one day at a time rate... just like everybody else) :!:

"Ya'll are the funkiest mutha's in the universe." - Bootsy Collins (in the Pantheon Theater)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 8:49 am 

Ya'll need to raise the bar if you want to offend mindy or I. So good luck and keep on trying!!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 9:30 am 

we are all just livin & dying in 3/4 time!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 9:33 am 

LIRR wrote:
Ya'll need to raise the bar if you want to offend mindy or I. So good luck and keep on trying!!!!

I'll have to try harder

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 10:21 am 

LIRR wrote:

If you don't smoke Tarlytons, Fuck You!

;)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 10:36 am 

bluzbill wrote:
we are all just livin & dying in 3/4 time!!!

aren't some of us in 6/8?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 203 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 14  Next