The Jam Cruise Forum

It is currently Thu Apr 24, 2014 8:00 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 327 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 22  Next
 Post subject: Re: Jam Cruise 9 Sunset-Drum Circle
PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2010 10:23 pm 

LIRR wrote:
abgar wrote:
Man I've been sitting here trying to write a tactful response to get my point across and I am just going to go with:

Please do not bring drums.

:evil:

would like to add to the list, cowbells, triangles, whistles, tambourines and maracas :twisted: :twisted: and if you clap loud, please bring gloves :twisted:

:roll: unless you are capt toast or in a band.....

drum circle at casa maya beach?

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2010 10:31 pm 
Site Admin

He's been banned

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2010 1:50 am 

OH SHIT

Well I guess I won't be suggesting the spoon playing tournament on the hot tub deck.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2010 1:51 am 

also, :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2010 2:16 am 

Wookie of the Ship

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2010 7:30 am 

The irony of this thread will be palpable when it is announced that when leaving both ports Mickey Hart will leading a Jam Cruise 9 Drum Circle!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2010 8:01 am 

Frim Jolly wrote:
The irony of this thread will be palpable when it is announced that when leaving both ports Mickey Hart will leading a Jam Cruise 9 Drum Circle!

Now THAT would be totally cool, and an appropriate time to break out passenger drums :)

I would think/hope that there will be a percussion workshop announced this year, with them and others on the ship - during which it would definitely be appropriate to bring our your drums! Workshops haven't been announced yet. Hoping for another pickin party for myself too, personally I'm much more into strings than drums (or horns or keys or...) :)

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2010 8:59 am 

Hillary wrote:
And the jingle bell skirts. You can leave those at home too.

Damnit! I already had mine packed. A different one for each day. For you, Hillary, I'll leave 'em home though.

Man, we're just a bunch of elitist haterz. :wink:

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2010 11:34 am 

Julie McCoy wrote:
He's been banned

Julibel, was this referring to Toast? or did y'all actually ban WookieBeuhler? :shock: isn't terribly clear from the post...

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2010 12:48 pm 

Thanks guys. Tai & Serk - you've come through a couple times now when I was worried about the oil spill, singles program, the jams, etc... I owe you both a delicious beverage at sea. You know us newbs... sometimes we gotta have it spelled out for us. A little coddling to get our asses on board. Well, not only have I got a cabin, I just booked a flight and hotel now too so I'm gonna stop whimpering now and join the party. I'm coming prepared for possible percussion and I'm gonna get you both in on a jam when the time is right... (after said beverages? =)
(Mood greatly improved)
Kirsten

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2010 1:05 pm 

I imagine I could probably squeeze in one more beer if I really had to. :)

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2010 1:24 pm 

:lol: no worries Kirsten, and nothing owed! we gonna have fun fun fun :DANCE: :DANCE: :DANCE: looking forward to meeting you :)

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2010 10:32 pm 

WOW I have heard a drum circle at sunrise a few times but I didn't see anyone banging om da drums!
Not Linda

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2010 1:32 pm 

If there is SILENCE then

HIT IT

it might be just me but last year seemed like there was too much time with no music playing.....this is down time......which means its time for YOU to get DOWN with it

my 2 cents : wait til schedule is up then forward all times about 15 to 25 minutes later then what it says....then pick some times to do this thing.

:BEEF: BECAUSE silent down time SUCKS.....its called SLEEP and i don't know about everyone else but sleep on jam cruise should come from pure exhaustion not the lack of music being played(I thought we were all professionals)...... :BEEF: this also means that if you are complaining that loud noise is not letting you sleep then you shouldn't be sleeping or how about popping in some ear plugs and let us have some fun

maybe that last paragraph should have went into the official bitch thread

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2010 4:02 am 

audionaut wrote:
buehlerhead wrote:
I bet we can get some sick ass cruiser beats flowin"!!
{image}

can someone translate this forme please??....

...and... Did someone tell post number 3 guy that there are ample Drummers on this Cruise?? anyone...? Buehler??? oh yeah by the signatures ... I guess you know... nevermind... bring yer drum and if they invite you... awesome... but as for everybody bring a drum???? ... i'm thinking more like... yeah I paid a bunch to get a bit away from that... the rain off the balcony stuff last year in Jamaica was enough ."percussions" while there was no music for me... jus sayin... :NINJA:

collins wrote:
If there is SILENCE then

HIT IT

it might be just me but last year seemed like there was too much time with no music playing.....this is down time......which means its time for YOU to get DOWN with it

my 2 cents : wait til schedule is up then forward all times about 15 to 25 minutes later then what it says....then pick some times to do this thing.

:BEEF: BECAUSE silent down time SUCKS.....its called SLEEP and i don't know about everyone else but sleep on jam cruise should come from pure exhaustion not the lack of music being played(I thought we were all professionals)...... :BEEF: this also means that if you are complaining that loud noise is not letting you sleep then you shouldn't be sleeping or how about popping in some ear plugs and let us have some fun

maybe that last paragraph should have went into the official bitch thread

My original post was sniffing spam in a person selling an autographed drum... and thinking... yeah cool and all... but spam nonetheless, perhaps that is... let's see what happens... In that above post I was calling the "Buehler" Out... still no post #4 from that poster (which posts #1 AND #2 were all trying to sell the same autographed drum.) Maybe I was wrong in that post there, but also, perhaps that's why no mo Buehler... sorry bro, if , yknow...

As for any perception of ME hating drums with that post... I am repeating here.. AMPLE drums and drummers, (some not on the list that play at appropriate times already here on the boat)... AND AMPLE-IFIED world class listed drummers that will most likely do this here sunrise/sunset drumming thing that was suggested anyway... the heart of the beat is where the beat is, etc... sometimes even in the restaurant, with forks and knives and spoons and plates and tables and chairs and you get the idea..... AND also more drumming that I was listening to last year while coming from the sound of balcony tables, chairs, bottles during a rainstorm pounding the natural water beats of the different sized water droplets in a harmonious wonderful sound... as I pondered whether to sleep or "push on through".... guess what I chose? yeah mon... spam is spam, unless yer in Hawaii... then its a delicacy... i spose, I dunno, just typing here... enjoy the Jams, Cruisers... :NINJA:

"Ya'll are the funkiest mutha's in the universe." - Bootsy Collins (in the Pantheon Theater)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 327 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 22  Next