The Jam Cruise Forum

It is currently Thu Apr 24, 2014 8:11 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 327 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 22  Next
 Post subject: Re: Jam Cruise 9 Sunset-Drum Circle
PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2010 10:34 am 

The more I look at it...the luggage tags on the pictured, autographed drum look very similar to the ones I had ripped off my suitcase outside my room on JC7. SPAM....very probable. Hey...are the luggage tags for sale..I'd like to replace the ones I lost? As for my drum, I plan to leave it at home and appreciate those that are more talented than I. :P

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2010 5:14 pm 

audionaut wrote:
Maybe I was wrong in that post there, but also, perhaps that's why no mo Buehler... sorry bro, if , yknow...

Don't feel bad, I came to exactly the same conclusion. Other people however, swears that this is not the case at all. I cannot argue with
cruisers more experienced than myself, I can only say that to my untrained eye, both the postings and his website looked, well, a little "spam-ish"...

As far as drum circles go, I have heard both really good ones and absolutely painful ones, depending on who drums I guess. But then on the
other hand, I'm sure you could say that about banjers as well :D

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2010 7:45 pm 

His name is Andy and he is working for Festival Family I guess...

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2010 10:51 pm 

I have no idea, but don't really think this guy is a spammer. He seems sincere in whatever his journey is. Maybe instead of banning him we could just tell him that it's not really cool to advertise a raffle on this forum.

Just a thought.

Last edited by Frim Jolly on Fri Sep 03, 2010 9:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2010 11:52 pm 

Julie McCoy wrote:
He's been banned

WHY just because he looks licks likes he is southern rock!!!!!!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2010 8:09 am 

i liked him

PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2010 11:43 am 

Holy Crap! What the hell people? Why would you kick Buehlerhead off for talking on the forum...Sounds communist.
Guess he wasn't promoting the right people... :?:

Anyway Buehlerhead's name is Rob for anyone who cares, and he DOES NOT WORK FOR ANYBODY!!
...The whole point was to get a conversation started
...and he succeeded.

I hope the Rythym Devils do a sunset circle to all you bad-mouthers!
This is going to be my 5th cruise and it sounds like some of you are not in a good spirit to go see some GOOD music...
:BEEF:

Has anyone ever tried patience, reading, understanding? WTF!!

-Wookie JC7
:BOOHOO:

PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2010 3:25 pm 

armydeadhead wrote:
Holy Crap! What the hell people? Why would you kick Buehlerhead off for talking on the forum...Sounds communist.
Guess he wasn't promoting the right people... :?:

Anyway Buehlerhead's name is Rob for anyone who cares, and he DOES NOT WORK FOR ANYBODY!!
...The whole point was to get a conversation started
...and he succeeded.

I hope the Rythym Devils do a sunset circle to all you bad-mouthers!
This is going to be my 5th cruise and it sounds like some of you are not in a good spirit to go see some GOOD music...
:BEEF:

Has anyone ever tried patience, reading, understanding? WTF!!

-Wookie JC7
:BOOHOO:

Pretty sure all we were doing here is sharing our opinions/ concerns about having a random drum circle intrude on the music. I don't believe any of us suggested banning anybody.... our concerns were exactly that and we were discussing them. I also believe that many of us are OK with people bringing drums AS LONG as the music does not get disturbed. I also HOPE, as many of us do, that the Rhythym Devils WILL do a sunset drum thing and more,... with cruisers too.

I think it goes back to the tone of Buehlers original post, at least to me, that there was gonna be a drum circle at sunset no matter who would be playing the pooldeck then,,,, this is where I think all of this started... just the thought of hearing the Bomp Bomp Bomp sounds of a drum circle intrude upon the music of the pooldeck... I have experienced this distraction at other festies and couldn't even imagine that this could even happen on JamCruise.

I wish Buehler would have answered that post... maybe the lesson learned here is, be on the forum a little while, let's get to know you a bit before you start trying to sell us Shwag... believe me, we love shwag... just not from strangers (which now we know he was not)

...it also looks like I owe Rob/Andy a beverage of his choice on the boat, and a apology if I had anything to do with him staying being banned.

"Ya'll are the funkiest mutha's in the universe." - Bootsy Collins (in the Pantheon Theater)

PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2010 6:45 pm 

armydeadhead wrote:
Why would you kick Buehlerhead off for talking on the forum...

Quite the opposite. I wish he would. I really wish he would. Who knows, I might love the guy once I get to know him! Say something, man!!!

armydeadhead wrote:
Sounds communist.

Naah, I was just envious that I can't afford $1000 to join his drum circle... :lol:

PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2010 9:57 am 

"we" didn't ban anyone.noone here has the power to do that.he got banned because he using the jamcruise website to solicit people to donate to his heady fund .just like alot of hippies he had a good idea but a poor plan.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2010 12:49 pm 

longhairedfreak007 wrote:
"we" didn't ban anyone.noone here has the power to do that.he got banned because he using the jamcruise website to solicit people to donate to his heady fund .just like alot of hippies he had a good idea but a poor plan.

Yes- Buehlerhead was banned. That is why I am talking on the forum for 'um. :NINJA:
He is not "soliciting" ANYTHING!! He is trying to raise awareness about what he is doing. Define "awareness" as "soliciting" if you want.

If you dont wanna donate- dont- but how the hell are you going to know what Buehler is doing if he doesn't start telling people?!?!
I see people soliciting their music venues on this site, anyway- so way to be a Libra, Forum (Hypocrite like me)

I am going to have a festival to give the drum away on 4/20, so i thought this was a GOOD place to communicate...
...but I know I will be more than vocal on the boat!
Can't wait to see everyone in person and tell them about my glorious Vision!

If I cant tell people about a drum that was signed on 3 cruises, and about to be signed on a forth,
...ON THE FORUM OF THE CRUISE IT WAS SIGNED ON,;
Then I call Mulligan, or Shananigans, or BS...haahah

no :BEEF: with anyone, just happy cause I got your attention!!!!
So about this drum circle- It will be Every Day at 4:20-just start beating on something wherever you are!!! :LIAR:

The Best part about all this...
The drum you see that I am bringing has NO HEAD!!!!

Cause I need to get it SIGNED AGAIN!!!
So I cant even play it anyway!!!
HAHAHAHAHAHAH

...and about that free drink for kickin me off

PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2010 1:34 pm 

so what was he banned for? some of us cant figure it out! the drum circle? the raffle? because he's a wookie?

PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2010 4:53 pm 

To armydeadhead/buehlerhead:

Ok, we're communicating. I've been mostly joking around but as this will be my last posting on this topic I'll get a little serious for once.

I'll let you know how the beheady postings rubbed me the wrong way. Before I start be assured that I speak only for myself, not for the Forum, not for Jamcruise, not for my employer, not for the Klingon Empire...

As you said, there are a lot of Mulligans, Shenanigans and other Irish people on the Internet.

You keep talking about this "glorious vision". Indeed? Maybe there is a grand vision but it's by far the worst sales job I've ever seen. Maybe if you invited more people to share that vision there would be less adverse reactions. And louder does not equal clearer!

All I've seen so far is a posting about a sunset drum circle - oh by the way go to my site and buy a raffle ticket! Has Jamcruise inspired you in some way? Oh by the way go to my site and buy a raffle ticket! Never any follow-up, never any discussion, never any explanation. I swear to god if I ever see that damn drum again...
Ok now, count to 10... Phew! Better...

Encouraged to go to your website I did. That's where I found out about the $1000 drum circle festival whatever. Go to your other blog and there is allegedly some super secret artist coming as well. Sure, I'll give you all the money I'm going to get from that exiled Nigerian prince...
Can you see how all this, for somebody not belonging to you inner circle, will severely fail the smell test?

Maybe I too owe Mr. Buehler a beer and an apology, but that I guess would be for being too dense to comprehend the grand vision and not generally trusting solicitations on Internet blogs. Be it drum raffles, Nigerian princes, or boner pills!

love
Knut

PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2010 7:17 pm 

odman wrote:
To armydeadhead/buehlerhead:

Ok, we're communicating. I've been mostly joking around but as this will be my last posting on this topic I'll get a little serious for once.

Sweet, Glad to get some honest feedback...
You are the kind of person that my conversation would last over an hour with, because there is NO inner circle...just me...doing a horrible job; haha

MissAslan wrote:
All I've seen so far is a posting about a sunset drum circle - oh by the way go to my site and buy a raffle ticket! Has Jamcruise inspired you in some way? Oh by the way go to my site and buy a raffle ticket! Never any follow-up, never any discussion, never any explanation. I swear to god if I ever see that damn drum again...
Ok now, count to 10... Phew! Better...

You did not participate in prior posts. No one participated in any of the other conversations-This one worked-Glad it worked finally because Now I am talking about ideas to people...and it is hard because I was BANNED!!

I truly believe the raffle ticket is the smallest part of the site I AM promoting. I thought my PERSONAL BIOGRAPHY -which takes up 90% of the page would help explain things...My BAD

The REASON things are UNCLEAR, is because nothing is set in stone...I would love for iClips to come and stream my festival live for anyone who enters the raffle so they can SEE THE GIVE-AWAY LIVE, but I am in the process of communicating with them...if you know them personally it would help, because I HAVE NO INNER CIRCLE-

I am not being helped by anyone who hasn't wanted to help me...I am very glad NO oNE trusts me...

I am a wookie for God's Sake!!!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2010 7:55 am 

armydeadhead wrote:

Yes- Buehlerhead was banned. That is why I am talking on the forum for 'um. :NINJA:
He is not "soliciting" ANYTHING!! He is trying to raise awareness about what he is doing. Define "awareness" as "soliciting" if you want.

If you dont wanna donate- dont- but how the hell are you going to know what Buehler is doing if he doesn't start telling people?!?!
I see people soliciting their music venues on this site, anyway- so way to be a Libra, Forum (Hypocrite like me)

I am going to have a festival to give the drum away on 4/20, so i thought this was a GOOD place to communicate...
...but I know I will be more than vocal on the boat!

Can't wait to see everyone in person and tell them about my glorious Vision!

If I cant tell people about a drum that was signed on 3 cruises
, and about to be signed on a forth,
...ON THE FORUM OF THE CRUISE IT WAS SIGNED ON,;

...and about that free drink for kickin me off

So you're talking for him, eh? Now that's stealth.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 327 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 22  Next