The Jam Cruise Forum

It is currently Tue Jul 22, 2014 11:08 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 327 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 22  Next
 Post subject: Re: Jam Cruise 9 Sunset-Drum Circle
PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2010 9:02 pm 

JUST Enjoyed the Concert for Bangladesh, now watch-innnnn Concert for George!!!!
LAR

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2010 9:29 pm 

why stop at one million how about ten........gonna have to adjust for inflation because by the time you get a million it will only be worth 100,000

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2010 9:56 pm 

col4bin wrote:
People are buying raffle tix for a chance to win the drum. To say that you're giving it away would imply (in my head at least) that no money is changing hands... but maybe I'm just being a stickler on that one.

FWIW, I did dig further. I get that you're using the money raised to get the foundation off the ground, but the stated goals are vague at best and the strategy for achieving them is completely unstated. After reading that whole page AND checking out the festival family website AND the foundation's facebook page, I still have no idea where exactly the money is going. In fact, I couldn't even find anything on the festival family website that mentioned the foundation.

I can't speak for anyone else, but I've always thought the most important thing about getting people to donate to a cause is transparency. People want to know what they're helping to accomplish. I'd wager that plays a part in getting 501(c) status as well. I'm really not trying to be a dick about this, but you could really be doing a better job selling this whole thing. I never really liked the whole marketing ideology either, but you have to get people to "feel" that a "need" exists here, and that your organization is the one to help fulfill it. As much as your life story resonates with you and those close to you, I really don't think it's going to help you raise much money. Maybe it's just me (and odman). I wish you the best of luck.

Maybe I just really dont like drum circles... especially the ones that never go anywhere and last all night... right next to your campsite. Definitely not a "pro" move in my book, but I might be an asshole.

Wasting your time, brah.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2010 10:53 pm 

Please don't ban this guy!! It has been years since I have experienced this level of entertainment in the internet!

Bro, I urge you to take a step back. You are coming off as someone who has dropped once too often or done so recently and will go back to their job tomorrow....

Ok, make that someone who is still dosing once too often per day.

I'm not saying that is what you're doing - merely how you are coming across.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2010 11:06 pm 

Ban Frim Jolly, he's a troublemaker

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2010 9:01 am 

nice shirt

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2010 9:39 am 

That's some GREAT advice, odman. Beuhler, you would be smart to take some time to consider about all of that. I know you're pumped up about all this right now, but the whole thing needs a serious dose of reality. I'd hate to see all of your positive energy go to waste.

MissAslan wrote:
like when did Brad get so smart? giggle..

You don't exactly get to see me at my most intellectual, but thanks, Az... I guess I'll take that as a compliment. :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2010 3:43 pm 

would you mind if we had some psychiatrists interview you ?i think there's a lot going on in your head that maybe we could shed some light on with some professional help.seriously.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2010 5:35 pm 

this thread is awesome! soooo much material STILL..just keeps giving! In a staff meeting reading my phone and i just started laughing when i thought about the fact that festival family is not even asking to become a non-profit hahahahaha!

makes me wonder if mark brown would let me make cloud9 a non-profit..oh the wheels are turning now..can you imagine? if i ran the world the mission would be to give every girl a tiara, a pompon and glitter..i mean reallly..mark doesn't need profit...doria and toast would be great volunteers! and best of all..jam cruise would be free for everyone!

so donate $10 to me!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2010 7:29 pm 

MissAslan wrote:
this thread is awesome! soooo much material STILL..just keeps giving! In a staff meeting reading my phone and i just started laughing when i thought about the fact that festival family is not even asking to become a non-profit hahahahaha!

makes me wonder if mark brown would let me make cloud9 a non-profit..oh the wheels are turning now..can you imagine? if i ran the world the mission would be to give every girl a tiara, a pompon and glitter..i mean reallly..mark doesn't need profit...doria and toast would be great volunteers! and best of all..jam cruise would be free for everyone!

so donate $10 to me!

you may say she's a dreamer,but she's not the only one

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2010 9:12 pm 

MissAslan wrote:
if i ran the world the mission would be to give every girl a tiara...

If you'd consider an exception for Tai I'd vote for you!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2010 10:21 pm 

odman wrote:
MissAslan wrote:
if i ran the world the mission would be to give every girl a tiara...

If you'd consider an exception for Tai I'd vote for you!

His tiara got lost in the fro

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2010 9:52 am 

Hello Forum.
Glad to be back- Thankssooo much Annabel.

I need to clear a few things up for this FORUM, Because you guys seem to think that I am not already 3 months deep into what I am doing.
I came to the Forum to inform- Not get bashed-But I understand when a "new" person stirs up the community some idiots think he is dozin'
Thanks long haired freek for your positive vibes.

Now- I have had an LLC for 3 years-I pay taxes and THIS IS MY BUSINESS-So I do not need a lawyer, but yes advice is ALWAYS GOOD...when it is constructive.

Everyone HERE can go either of 2 ways-Help or Block the flow of my energy.

What is being done, is being done- It is planned-AND IN PLANS--BUT NOTHING IS SOLID LIKE MY DAD'S LIFE
I love that some of you can be at work and communicate!
Others sound like they need a job.

Yes- I would love for Toast to go Non-profit-
-I am trying to help people see how to get involved in the "real" world. If you dont want wasted energy than jump on board, cause I have a lot of caring people who are already in the Raffle.
MissAslan wrote:

I would LOVE FOR toast to work with my Energy- I actually plan on making him a part of this as well, but have not informed him as of yet...
Thanks for the segway...
Lets see how many of you bash me for giving away a JC9 Ticket...

Peace-and BeHeady

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2010 11:21 am 

Glad you're back under the old name.

Can you explain to me in a few sentences (I have checked out your website) where the $10 donations go?

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2010 12:22 pm 

Now that is quality entertainment :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 327 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 22  Next