The Jam Cruise Forum

It is currently Sat Oct 25, 2014 3:11 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 99 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next
 Post subject: Re: JC Dictionary
PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2010 12:58 am 

stASH wrote:
[aslanding - the act of falling but managing to protect your tiara and not spilling any champagne

Love it!

MissAslan wrote:
:CLAP: Un-Fun space reserved for this thread :lol:

Yeeay!!! And feel free to to add, even about yourself. For instance, can a costume be aslandish?

Tai, get compiling. I have a feeling that there should be a word like serkus. Lot's of weird animals there...

audionaut, you're upping the ante here... :CLAP:

I'll get back with more once I found some inspiration!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2010 3:39 am 

stASH wrote:
aslanding - the act of falling but managing to protect your tiara and not spilling any champagne

Where's the LIKE button on here?

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2010 5:23 pm 

cruiser:"doctor,i woke up this morning with jamnesia after aslaning all night.is there a cure?"
doctor:"yes,continue aslaning but this time don't go to bed.jamsomnia is the cure for jamnesia."
cruiser:"but what about my chronic case of MSCalculation?won't jamsomnia result in increased consumption?"
doctor:"shut up and dance"

i love our new words and yes aslan your word is part of the lexicon now.feel free to use at your discretion since it IS your word.

Last edited by longhairedfreak007 on Thu Oct 07, 2010 6:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2010 6:20 pm 

audionaut wrote:
Guitarded - what many (including me) guitar players realize we are after seeing one of "those" guitarists rip it up on JamCruise.

I recently heard the word talibanjo. Just to make it perfectly clear, I was not playing at the time.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2010 8:22 pm 

longhairedfreak007 wrote:
i love our new words and yes aslan your word is part of the lexicon now.feel free to use at your discretion since it IS your word.

I realize that there may be some confusion between words like aslaning, aslanding, aslanded, etc. As usual, I'm here to organize and make things clear!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2010 8:42 pm 

nice odman,i wish i was creative,i just stand back and take potshots.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2010 9:04 pm 

Knut,
Thanks for the door decoration!!! We could make it a game..I'll consult with serk next week when we have recovered from aslanating everyone this weekend :DANCE:

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2010 11:00 pm 

brother, are you sure there's no way to get you to move back here? I miss the firing synapses. There's some stupid rumor now that MS wants to buy us. And we have open positions...

...we could crack silly JCisms all day - well, you could =P

I suck at this, since I tend to use images more than words, I humbly submit

cruiseooze - This is your brain the day after disembarkation.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2010 5:50 pm 

longhairedfreak007 wrote:
nice odman,i wish i was creative,i just stand back and take potshots.

On rare occasions exuberant ideas can be birthed seemingly straight out of pure befuddlement,
a serendipitous phenomenon that I have learned is in no shape or form related to the word potluck.

Tai wrote:
brother, are you sure there's no way to get you to move back here? I miss the firing synapses.
There's some stupid rumor now that MS wants to buy us. And we have open positions...

I do miss my liver twin and the peeps in VA (maybe not so much the weather!), but just the thought of
how much I have to unlearn to qualify as an MS employee scares me. Nevertheless, we have spent far too
much time apart. I'm so bummed I can't be there on your yearly bus painting festival. Though I guess my
Teletubbies and the Cat in the Hat have plenty of company by now. I take a pause here to enjoy the thought
of how the majority of forum readers just went "huh?".
I remember when you and me talked about me buying the neighboring property so that we
could create a compound. A concept that we both thought was absolutely brilliant, but our wives
for some reason, still completely unimaginable to me, thought that it would be a really bad idea.

MissAslan wrote:
Knut,
Thanks for the door decoration!!! We could make it a game..I'll consult with serk next week
when we have recovered from aslanating everyone this weekend :DANCE:

Maybe put a slider on it so we can follow your progress?

I always make things with love. Or at least, if I can't do that, I make love with things!

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2010 3:39 am 

Jamruminate (jam-room-in-ate) vb: the act of standing in the front row of the Jam Room while everyone else is dancing and being totally lost in a solo, hence standing still and scratching your head and/or rubbing your chin. While smiling, of course.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2010 4:08 am 

Sker-tactik - The art of music where you completely frighten someone with the sound of your horn and freeze them in their tracks, while they still dance their asses off with a smile... and laughing with them when you both realize no one should have been frightened in the first place. :NINJA:

"Ya'll are the funkiest mutha's in the universe." - Bootsy Collins (in the Pantheon Theater)

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2010 8:41 am 

audionaut wrote:
Sker-tactik - The art of music where you completely frighten someone with the sound of your horn and freeze them in their tracks, while they still dance their asses off with a smile... and laughing with them when you both realize no one should have been frightened in the first place. :NINJA:

Yep - Mike D's Go Go jungle last year in the Zebra Lounge - scared me silly!!!

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2010 5:38 pm 

absolutely brilliant thread! now i just gotta think one up.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2010 5:43 pm 

Jamilicious: Used particularly when the roof of the mouth is blistered by a hot dog or peas and carrots pizza hot out of the oven after grabbing a slice to wolf down on the way to the Jam Room.
Also used to describe the taste of foods unique to the annual ritual of Jam Cruise, such as chicken jello.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2010 8:48 pm 

"Bobby-n-weaving" -

def 1: What some JC'ers will be to avoid and/or get to certain sets on the ship in 2011... either while or while not thinking outside of the box
def 2: What some JC'ers hope to hear and see in the jam room...
def 3: What you will be at disembarkation time

"Ya'll are the funkiest mutha's in the universe." - Bootsy Collins (in the Pantheon Theater)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 99 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next