The Jam Cruise Forum

It is currently Wed Apr 23, 2014 5:23 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 99 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Post subject: Re: JC Dictionary
PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2010 11:11 pm 

- audio Weir'd .... since the first time we saw him and Jerry together playin guitars...bros and sistahs.... 8)

"Ya'll are the funkiest mutha's in the universe." - Bootsy Collins (in the Pantheon Theater)

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2010 7:03 pm 

odman wrote:
...I'm so bummed I can't be there on your yearly bus painting festival. Though I guess my Teletubbies and the Cat in the Hat have plenty of company by now. I take a pause here to enjoy the thought of how the majority of forum readers just went "huh?".

Yes, they have a great deal of company now! We miss you, especially much on Fall Fest weekend. SO glad y'all are back on the ship this year!!!

odman wrote:
I remember when you and me talked about me buying the neighboring property so that we could create a compound. A concept that we both thought was absolutely brilliant, but our wives for some reason, still completely unimaginable to me, thought that it would be a really bad idea.

Actually I think you are remembering this incorrectly. I am ALL FOR this idea, and can't imagine that I would ever have said otherwise :NAUGHTY: *hugs*

Now get back to writing more of these awesome dictionary entries, my mind is still in Fall Fest mode and is not feeling very witty :D

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2010 1:17 pm 

knoxed - the act of being all around you at once

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2010 1:24 pm 

Hey Serk! Not sure, maybe what was mostly concerning you fine ladies were our brilliant ideas like an ATV race track, bobcat boxing, floating bar in the pond, rocket launchpad, microbrewery... yaknow, typical guy stuff :wink:
Anyway, just to keep the thread alive, here are my new contributions:

doorjam - Skerik and Denson are battling it out in the jam room and it's so packed in there so you get stuck in the door

remorse code - unintelligeble utterings from cabins during the last morning as cruisers open their bar bills

bumpster dive - digging up really old threads and comment on them just to get them back at the top

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2010 3:17 pm 

i think i might bumpster dive the drum circle thread.i miss buelerhead. :(

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2010 10:21 pm 

longhairedfreak007 wrote:
i think i might bumpster dive the drum circle thread.i miss buelerhead. :(

only have this one for now... kind of missing buehlerhead too

conundrum-circle - The sound of one drum drumming at sunset on the pooldeck

conga-tagious - A Mickey Hart drum circle on the pooldeck at sunset... :P

"Ya'll are the funkiest mutha's in the universe." - Bootsy Collins (in the Pantheon Theater)

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2010 2:57 pm 

Bump. On 2nd page. WTF. :WALL:

PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2010 3:24 am 

Jamticipation - waiting for it

PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2010 4:13 am 

Repeat Doh-fender - oops :P

Great Newbspectations - Sea the sky, see the fun, be the fun, or whatever... do what you want, it's your vacation... and if you get confused listen to the music play... heh heh

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2010 3:04 pm 

Funkgasm - sensational pleasure felt during the peak of a funk performance

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2010 9:55 am 

inspired by a thread title:

food breakdown - The highly emotional result of hitting the pizza bar at 4 am and only finding peas and carrots pizza.

( I literally saw this happen on JC7, a young woman, practically in tears, "Who. Puts. Peas. And. Carrots. On. Pizza?!!!! )

PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2010 5:28 am 

LadyROOT-Canal... no matter how painful...we are ready for the extraction... and all the threads she rode in on...

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2010 11:49 am 

audionaut wrote:
LadyROOT-Canal... no matter how painful...we are ready for the extraction... and all the threads she rode in on...

Brilliant.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2010 5:35 pm 

Knut,
Do me a favor and take the best of these and edit! Make it so I can just copy and paste into a txt box.. also, if you want..go find some clip-art that makes sense for a dictionary..I think I am going to start delegating some of these pages to you people who keep asking if you can help.. I don't know why I pressure myself to DO EVERYTHING! ROFL :THINK:

aslanding - the act of falling but managing to protect your tiara and not spilling any champagne
bumpster dive - digging up really old threads and comment on them just to get them back at the top
conga-tagious - A Mickey Hart drum circle on the pooldeck at sunset...
conundrum-circle - The sound of one drum drumming at sunset on the pooldeck
cruiseifiction - what happens sometimes to an individual on the forum when not having all the facts straight
cruiseooze - This is your brain the day after disembarkation.
Custumes Check - The reality that the sparkly, shiny, glowy things, wigs and pirate stuff, polyester 70's clothes, might be looked at by some other really serious looking people with badges... and them not thinking it is funny.
decksema - rash obtained while breakdancing on pool deck
doorjam - Skerik and Denson are battling it out in the jam room and it's so packed in there so you get stuck in the door
drumfounded - the inability to understand a brilliant idea
food breakdown - The highly emotional result of hitting the pizza bar at 4 am and only finding peas and carrots pizza.
foodback - the combination of bad food and rough seas can lead to this
forumaldehyde - a post so bad that it completely kills a thread
funkblindness - staying up all night in the jamroom , then attempting to go ashore and being blinded by the bright sun bouncing off the dock/beach.
funkempt - your appearance after dancing your ass off to Dumpstaphunk
Funkgasm - sensational pleasure felt during the peak of a funk performance
Guitarded - what many (including me) guitar players realize we are after seeing one of "those" guitarists rip it up on JamCruise.
Jamilicious - Used particularly when the roof of the mouth is blistered by a hot dog or peas and carrots pizza hot out of the oven after grabbing a slice to wolf down on the way to the Jam Room; Also used to describe the taste of foods unique to the annual ritual of Jam Cruise, such as chicken jello.
jamnesia - the last thing you remember was being in the jam room, and you have no clue how you got to where you woke up
Jamruminate (jam-room-in-ate) vb - the act of standing in the front row of the Jam Room while everyone else is dancing and being totally lost in a solo, hence standing still and scratching your head and/or rubbing your chin. While smiling, of course.
Jamsomnia - the condition where one can't sleep because somewhere there is still live music playing on the ship somewhere.
Jamticipation - waiting for it
Jaz-ex-ercise - A diet plan with minimal calories in and extreme cals out
JcTSD - J amcruise Truamatic Stress Disorder - the weeks it takes you to fully recover from the cruise.
knoxed - the act of being all around you at once
LadyROOT-Canal - no matter how painful...we are ready for the extraction... and all the threads she rode in on...
MSCalculation - What you thought you drank and what your bar bill actually was when it was slid under your door.
MSCommunication - "You want buy coupon drink here"
Pooldecklectrified - if you don't go, you won't ever know
remorse code - unintelligeble utterings from cabins during the last morning as cruisers open their bar bills
Sker-tactik - The art of music where you completely frighten someone with the sound of your horn and freeze them in their tracks, while they still dance their asses off with a smile... and laughing with them when you both realize no one should have been frightened in the first place.
TenderIzod - The orange shirt that you recognize worn by MSC people when coming back to catch the last tender to the ship in Costa Maya, because maybe you lost track of time and such...
yellevator - when everybody are half deaf after a show and scream to each other as they ride the elevator

PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2010 5:47 pm 

you got it Az. Roughly what number are you aiming for? Or should I say how many pages?
If you want to I can put it all in a powerpoint and email you, that should be easy to cut&paste.
Can I call myself Assistant Editor now? ;)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 99 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next