The Jam Cruise Forum

It is currently Thu Dec 18, 2014 8:27 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Dave Schools Jamcruise Blog :D
PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2011 8:26 pm 

coloartist wrote:
Ethan wrote:
ludlow66 wrote:
Great read Dave, maybe you can convince that other band you play in to come on next year :PRAY:

Unfortunately that other band comes with that "other" kind of fan.

" the drunken, incoherent, and resentful tooth-grinder with flecks of dried spittle glued to the corners of his mouth who corners me and goes on and on about ...."

I don't know if that was a joke Ethan, but it wasn't funny. I get to around 25 Panic shows a year, and that isn't the case. The crowd at Panic shows is identical to the crowd on Jamcruise, except they are on a week long bender on Jamcruise.

Not to mention I have attended Panic shows with you so you must be be one of the people he was talking about.

I'm pretty sure he was talking about Disco Biscuits fans. :)

hes not talking about fans of music at all, hes talking about the people who say they love music but are really big fans of drugs

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2011 8:38 pm 

collins wrote:
seems to me jamcruise is a collection of some of the best people from a lot of different scenes.....one reason why there is a higher percentage of 8)

Wow! Someone can see the big picture. That's a great way of looking at it. Well said, Collins!

Bob<---eyes wide open to a whole new prospective

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2011 8:55 pm 

To act like the crowd at Jamcruise is lightyears different than a typical Panic crowd is simply ridiculous and reeks of hidden agendas. If you don't like Panic, fine, no big deal. But, a typical Panic show attendee is as similar to a Jamcruise regular as you'll find. To try to draw differences is just splitting hairs. There were a ton of big Panic fans on the boat this year (100's) and all of the ones I saw were acting just like they do at a Panic show. No single band's crowd is in the overall same league as the denizens of Jamcruise (the cream of the crop), but Panic's are as close as I have seen.

my $.02

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2011 10:19 pm 

coloartist wrote:
Ethan wrote:
ludlow66 wrote:
Great read Dave, maybe you can convince that other band you play in to come on next year :PRAY:

Unfortunately that other band comes with that "other" kind of fan.

" the drunken, incoherent, and resentful tooth-grinder with flecks of dried spittle glued to the corners of his mouth who corners me and goes on and on about ...."

I don't know if that was a joke Ethan, but it wasn't funny. I get to around 25 Panic shows a year, and that isn't the case. The crowd at Panic shows is identical to the crowd on Jamcruise, except they are on a week long bender on Jamcruise.

Not to mention I have attended Panic shows with you so you must be be one of the people he was talking about.

I'm pretty sure he was talking about Disco Biscuits fans. :)

:EH:biscuit fans wouldn't be caught dead at a panic show. :lol: i'd definitley put panic fans right up there with biscuit fans when it comes to the level of sobriety or lack thereof.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2011 2:05 pm 

longhairedfreak007 wrote:
i'd definitley put panic fans right up there with biscuit fans when it comes to the level of sobriety or lack thereof.

I don't think many of us have much room to argue about the level of sobriety on Jam Cruise :shock: I just think that as Collins put it (paraphrase) we are professionals and we know how to interact with all types of people. That is one of the many reasons that Jam Cruise is so special.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2011 6:25 pm 

JustBob wrote:

Do you ever see Panic in the deep south? I'm talking GA on down? It's nothing like the people I see on JamCruise.

Bob

Yes I have. Many times. I don't like it. I try to stay away from the South when it comes to Panic. That being said, I think my reason is the Southern Frat Boy Whiskey mentality. I have found the same people at Southern ABB shows.

I don't see these people at the West, Northwest, Midwest, or even the Northeast shows I have attended.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2011 8:25 pm 

ludlow66 wrote:
I don't think many of us have much room to argue about the level of sobriety on Jam Cruise :shock: I just think that as Collins put it (paraphrase) we are professionals and we know how to interact with all types of people. That is one of the many reasons that Jam Cruise is so special.

^^^This
8)

PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2011 8:41 pm 

ludlow66 wrote:
I don't think many of us have much room to argue about the level of sobriety on Jam Cruise ...

Sobriety? On Jamcruise? When? Where??? :D

PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2011 10:57 pm 

coloartist wrote:
JustBob wrote:

Do you ever see Panic in the deep south? I'm talking GA on down? It's nothing like the people I see on JamCruise.

Bob

Yes I have. Many times. I don't like it. I try to stay away from the South when it comes to Panic. That being said, I think my reason is the Southern Frat Boy Whiskey mentality. I have found the same people at Southern ABB shows.

I don't see these people at the West, Northwest, Midwest, or even the Northeast shows I have attended.

True. The south can suck. I live because I don't want to shovel snow :D

Bob

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2012 3:42 pm 

Just happened to pull this page up as I was scrolling thru.. Great article by Schools and interesting debate here about "those guys" (although I think the Panic crowd is among the best!)My question is- Did the addition of HolyShip kind of,ahem, clean up the crowd? I would think maybe? Did anyone notice this? Just a thought I was pondering.... :THINK:

Can't wait for my first JC!!! Are we there yet?

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2012 12:21 pm 

Now JustBob knows me...Bob- would you consider me to be the type of Panic fan you describe? I think there are plenty of bands and festivals with annoying fans but in my experience of seeing Panic play all over the south since the mid-90's I can say with certainty...we are not all like that and those who are, are few and far between. Not saying they don't exist..only that they exist everywhere and are not the majority.

Aside from the Panic bashing...I love this blog because you really do get a sense of Dave's mindset and warped sense of humor. At the recent Hannah's Buddies golf tournament here in Orlando, John Bell (of WSP) told us (volunteer team) that he would never "get on that crazy boat." I love reading how the experience turned Dave's opinon around, maybe someday the same will happen to JB!

For now I guess JB will just have to take my word for it after my first time on JC11! (Thanks JustBob for helping to talk me into it!)

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 3:20 pm 

Crowleyfla wrote:
Now JustBob knows me...Bob- would you consider me to be the type of Panic fan you describe? I think there are plenty of bands and festivals with annoying fans but in my experience of seeing Panic play all over the south since the mid-90's I can say with certainty...we are not all like that and those who are, are few and far between. Not saying they don't exist..only that they exist everywhere and are not the majority.

Aside from the Panic bashing...I love this blog because you really do get a sense of Dave's mindset and warped sense of humor. At the recent Hannah's Buddies golf tournament here in Orlando, John Bell (of WSP) told us (volunteer team) that he would never "get on that crazy boat." I love reading how the experience turned Dave's opinon around, maybe someday the same will happen to JB!

For now I guess JB will just have to take my word for it after my first time on JC11! (Thanks JustBob for helping to talk me into it!)

You are nothing like the Panic fan that I don't like, but you are just one person in a crowd that could have hundreds of the kind I don't like.

Bob

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2012 12:39 pm 

Awwww...love you too Bob!! :wink: