Been meaning to answer this one for a little over 3yrs.. With the newer folks like audio & odman..thought it would go over well and keep y'all riff'in... Pass some time at work next week maybe
1. I am the 5th of 8 from suburban Chicago. We were snowbirds, meaning we moved south, to N. Miami Beach, FL, Jan until May every year. Transfered from catholic grade school in IL to the same in Miami Beach. All 8 of us, every year, shit load of years. My parents had a few other friends who did the same. We were very fortunate back in the 60's, or at least my parents were. I was enjoying the ride...
2. When I got into selling advertising in the mid-late 90's, I called the Chief Marketing Officer for McDonalds at his house, on a Friday afternoon, while he was gardening (I know this, cause he told me). "I can't believe you are calling me at home.....but, but...I can't believe you are calling me at home...but, but...." I did get a call the following Monday from one of his VPs, "I know you spoke with Paul...". I did get some business out of them later that year for another project.
3. I proposed to my lovely wife Cristin (AB, please the drooling
) at the Drake Hotel in Chicago on Valentine's Day, at a wedding of a close family friend's. Best thing I ever did, take that to the bank!
4. There is a movement to get my great uncle to be a saint in the Catholic Church. Bishop Fulton J Sheen was my Mother's uncle, who had live television shows and radio shows back in the 50's and 60's, I think into the 70's on radio. Remember radio?!?!
Very big in the church, preached it like the best. I've seen some of the old shows, quite a mesmerizing figure, huge following, google him.
5. I have a friend from high school I used to play soccer with who is on death row in Florida. We correspond a few times a year. I don't don't believe in the death penalty, never have, never will.