The Jam Cruise Forum

It is currently Fri Oct 31, 2014 3:25 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 175 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 12  Next
 Post subject: Re: Post 5 interetsing facts about yourself
PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2011 4:06 pm 

Bump...
Been meaning to answer this one for a little over 3yrs.. With the newer folks like audio & odman..thought it would go over well and keep y'all riff'in... Pass some time at work next week maybe :wink:

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2011 1:10 am 

Great bump. There's gold in here...

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2011 7:43 pm 

What a great thread!
Now how do you pick the 5 highlight that a) were of major importance to you and b) have passed the statute of limitations in the jurisdiction where they took place? :wink:

1. I spent a winter driving an icebreaker in Sweden and a summer sail racing to Scotland
2. My first sit-in when I played dixieland jazz was playing Tin Roof Blues at a jazz joint in Copenhagen. Before that I had played classic guitar and punk.
3. Stood exactly in the middle under Brandenburger Tor in Berlin during the east and west German reunification party at New Year's 1990/1991. This was the official end of the Cold War.
4. I used to write for and act in a Monty Python style comedy troupe and write silly magazines
5. Tracey and I got married at midsummer with around the clock daylight in an 800 years old wooden church followed by a reception with herring buffet, moose filets and beaver pate among other local delicacies. The wedding cake had teletubbies on top!

Any idea how much easier it would have been to write 25 of these... :)

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2011 7:01 pm 

1. I had no paper for Pat LaFonatine to give me an autograph with other than my 2nd grade report card. So he signed it, on the line that my father was supposed to, and after he did he told me i needed to pick up my math.
2. I have seen Smoky and Bandit over 100 times.
3. I eat one thing on my plate at a time and when the entire lot of that one thing is done I rotate my plate clockwise until the next thing I eat is directly in front of me.
4. I have only vomited 3 times in my life, and one was in the back of the shuttle from the Port to the Marriott (day after my bday and one of my favorite Jam Rooms ever (Brock hosted).
5. I must always use a side walk or path, I never cut across patches of grass. Takes me longer to get places, but I feel like I am preserving something, somehow.
6. I was born left handed but then my mom and grand mother (both born and raised in Ireland) made me switch to righty at age 5 because "lefties are satan's spawn"???? I still do a lot of things lefty.
7. I enjoy cleaning for some reason. Maybe it's the fumes....

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2011 9:03 pm 

headyesq wrote:
3. I eat one thing on my plate at a time and when the entire lot of that one thing is done I rotate my plate clockwise until the next thing I eat is directly in front of me.

This one is awesome :)

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2011 9:04 pm 

this thread is AWESOME!!! thanks for bumping it.

Once I get through with my thesis proposal, I'll have to answer myself :)

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2011 9:06 pm 

1. I lived, and taught English in, Yanjiao, China from 2006-2007
2. I can recite the alphabet backwards really, really quickly. My summer camp kids are convinced I hold the Guinness Book World Record for doing so.
3. I don't plan to get married -OR- have children. It's not something I've ever wanted. And I'm quite comfortable with my conscious decision.
4. I love both men and women. My two best friends tell me that I'm attracted to men who "look a lot like Jesus", and I'm most attracted to women who have a similar build and look as myself. I don't know if that's healthy or narcissistic.
5. I believe stringently in the realm of dreams and experiences outside of the five senses... as much as I believe in the waking, "real" world.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2011 7:50 pm 

MissAslan wrote:
Bump...
Been meaning to answer this one for a little over 3yrs.. With the newer folks like audio & odman..thought it would go over well and keep y'all riff'in... Pass some time at work next week maybe :wink:

Waiting............. :shock: :?

1. I am the 5th of 8 from suburban Chicago. We were snowbirds, meaning we moved south, to N. Miami Beach, FL, Jan until May every year. Transfered from catholic grade school in IL to the same in Miami Beach. All 8 of us, every year, shit load of years. My parents had a few other friends who did the same. We were very fortunate back in the 60's, or at least my parents were. I was enjoying the ride... :wink:
2. When I got into selling advertising in the mid-late 90's, I called the Chief Marketing Officer for McDonalds at his house, on a Friday afternoon, while he was gardening (I know this, cause he told me). "I can't believe you are calling me at home.....but, but...I can't believe you are calling me at home...but, but...." I did get a call the following Monday from one of his VPs, "I know you spoke with Paul...". I did get some business out of them later that year for another project.
3. I proposed to my lovely wife Cristin (AB, please the drooling :wink: ) at the Drake Hotel in Chicago on Valentine's Day, at a wedding of a close family friend's. Best thing I ever did, take that to the bank!
4. There is a movement to get my great uncle to be a saint in the Catholic Church. Bishop Fulton J Sheen was my Mother's uncle, who had live television shows and radio shows back in the 50's and 60's, I think into the 70's on radio. Remember radio?!?!
Very big in the church, preached it like the best. I've seen some of the old shows, quite a mesmerizing figure, huge following, google him.
5. I have a friend from high school I used to play soccer with who is on death row in Florida. We correspond a few times a year. I don't don't believe in the death penalty, never have, never will.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2011 12:16 am 

HarryZ wrote:
MissAslan wrote:
Bump...

Waiting............. :shock: :?

1. I am the 5th of 8 from suburban Chicago. We were snowbirds, meaning we moved south, to N. Miami Beach, FL, Jan until May every year. Transfered from catholic grade school in IL to the same in Miami Beach. All 8 of us, every year, shit load of years. My parents had a few other friends who did the same. We were very fortunate back in the 60's, or at least my parents were. I was enjoying the ride... :wink:
2. When I got into selling advertising in the mid-late 90's, I called the Chief Marketing Officer for McDonalds at his house, on a Friday afternoon, while he was gardening (I know this, cause he told me). "I can't believe you are calling me at home.....but, but...I can't believe you are calling me at home...but, but...." I did get a call the following Monday from one of his VPs, "I know you spoke with Paul...". I did get some business out of them later that year for another project.
3. I proposed to my lovely wife Cristin (AB, please the drooling :wink: ) at the Drake Hotel in Chicago on Valentine's Day, at a wedding of a close family friend's. Best thing I ever did, take that to the bank!
4. There is a movement to get my great uncle to be a saint in the Catholic Church. Bishop Fulton J Sheen was my Mother's uncle, who had live television shows and radio shows back in the 50's and 60's, I think into the 70's on radio. Remember radio?!?!
Very big in the church, preached it like the best. I've seen some of the old shows, quite a mesmerizing figure, huge following, google him.
5. I have a friend from high school I used to play soccer with who is on death row in Florida. We correspond a few times a year. I don't don't believe in the death penalty, never have, never will.

Love # 2 Harry!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2011 1:06 pm 

The guys name was Paul Schrage Jim. We now use the term " I dare you to Schrage him."

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2011 1:16 pm 

HarryZ wrote:
The guys name was Paul Schrage Jim. We now use the term " I dare you to Schrage him."

:D :D :D :CLAP: :CLAP: :CLAP:

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2011 2:33 pm 

1.) I should have studied acting in college but studied Accounting...( i must have gotten confused with the similar abbreviations)

2.)Since getting "laid off" i have travelled cross country twice. did my firs jazz fest!

3.) my first Jamcruise was last year and the first person we really met on the boat was from our home town of New Haven, CT

4.) I was present at Zach Deputy's first ever show at a festival at Wormtown in Mass....he played to about 12 people...he had another set the next morning and there were about 40 people...this seems to have continued to where he is now!

5.) Last year on Jamcruise, Billy Krutz came up to me and my friend and took this multicolored belt my buddy had gotten for a friend in Roaton out of his hands, smelled it, told us we should never wash it and then walked off!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2011 3:51 pm 

1) Ananda Mayi is my real name. Ananda means bliss. Mayi means 'consisting of'.
The origin is Sanskrit, the thousands of years old, dead language of the hindus.

2) I once travelled over 26,000 miles around the US in under two months.

3) I was raised as a Hare Krishna and am largely unfamiliar with christian religions in general as a result.

4) By day I am a Paralegal, by night, my super hero alter ego is a music publicist and promoter for several musicians/bands, which blossomed from my love of telling the world about the funk music I follow.

5) There is an Ananda religion with a large community in Northern California where I used to live. I would hitchhike to work every day (really) and people who would pick me up would often ask me if I was a part of it. I said I was the leader and they all followed me. :PRAY: :DANCE: :DANCE:

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2011 5:17 pm 

headyesq wrote:
1. I had no paper for Pat LaFonatine to give me an autograph with other than my 2nd grade report card. So he signed it, on the line that my father was supposed to, and after he did he told me i needed to pick up my math.
2. I have seen Smoky and Bandit over 100 times.
4. I have only vomited 3 times in my life, and one was in the back of the shuttle from the Port to the Marriott (day after my bday and one of my favorite Jam Rooms ever (Brock hosted).
5. I must always use a side walk or path, I never cut across patches of grass. Takes me longer to get places, but I feel like I am preserving something, somehow.
6. I was born left handed but then my mom and grand mother (both born and raised in Ireland) made me switch to righty at age 5 because "lefties are satan's spawn"???? I still do a lot of things lefty.
7. I enjoy cleaning for some reason. Maybe it's the fumes....

LOL @ the Pat LaFonatine story!!!! I remember watching him play as a young kid!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2011 10:11 pm 

1. I can fly a plane
2. I am a multi-instrumentalist
3. I drive a Harley
4. I wear Birkenstocks in the winter
5. I can say the alphabet backwards....fast

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 175 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 12  Next