The Jam Cruise Forum

It is currently Sun Dec 21, 2014 9:23 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 175 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
 Post subject: Re: Post 5 interetsing facts about yourself
PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2011 3:47 am 

1. I witnessed me being on the next 100 Jam Cruises when I attended Jam Cruise 3... only 92 to go... can I get a witness?
2. English was not my first fluent language
3. I saw the flying doves that filled the sky that were released at the Opening Ceremonies of the 1972 Munich Olympic Games
4. In 2006 my father revealed to me that he saw the Grateful Dead/Jimmy Hendrix/Queen/The Who/Creme/Traffic...etc... perform in Frankfurt when he was working there as an usher when he was in college... wish he was here to explain more...
5. With much thanks to the women in my life, I am only half the man i was on my last cruise, but also have twice double the knowledge I used to halve without this knowledge... math rules!

8)

EDIT:... also suppose eye have a... sorta thin about spelling thing too... as in, are these facts really "interetsing"?? ... i hope so... because there are some "interesting" facts about myself me eye would share here... but maybe save those for those thread conversations somewhere else, perhaps on a Cruise... maybe... dunno yet...

-audioInteretsingingAndDancing

"Ya'll are the funkiest mutha's in the universe." - Bootsy Collins (in the Pantheon Theater)

PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2011 11:09 am 

audionaut wrote:
1. I witnessed me being on the next 100 Jam Cruises when I attended Jam Cruise 3... only 92 to go... can I get a witness?
2. English was not my first fluent language
3. I saw the flying doves that filled the sky that were released at the Opening Ceremonies of the 1972 Munich Olympic Games
4. In 2006 my father revealed to me that he saw the Grateful Dead/Jimmy Hendrix/Queen/The Who/Creme/Traffic...etc... perform in Frankfurt when he was working there as an usher when he was in college... wish he was here to explain more...
5. With much thanks to the women in my life, I am only half the man i was on my last cruise, but also have twice double the knowledge I used to halve without this knowledge... math rules!

8)

EDIT:... also suppose eye have a... sorta thin about spelling thing too... as in, are these facts really "interetsing"?? ... i hope so... because there are some "interesting" facts about myself me eye would share here... but maybe save those for those thread conversations somewhere else, perhaps on a Cruise... maybe... dunno yet...

-audioInteretsingingAndDancing

#5 hurt my brain

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2011 1:22 pm 

1. in 1996 I spent one month with the Gila River Indian Community in Arizona on a sabbatical...it was humbling for me to spend time with them and a good learning experience as they are genetically pre-disposed to type two diabetes...and a large number of their population is on Dialysis
2. I saw Pope John Paul the II do Easter Mass in Rome in 2002 and ate the best artichoke I ever tasted on that day
3. I let Tom Leykis sign my left breast on Flash Friday
4. I have a deep gratitude for the life that I am able to lead because I spent many years living in a dark place full of abuse and humiliation at the hands of my ex-husband
5. I don't drink alcohol

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2012 12:24 am 

Getting to know you... getting to know all about you...

1. I am a direct descendent of Charlemagne, have several ancestors who crossed over on the Mayflower, and my great grandfather won the Congressional Medal of Honor in the American Civil War (we have the medal, and a bunch of other memorabilia he collected, including his old journal).
3. I was nationally competitive in speech and debate in college, and I coached a college debate team for 1.5 years after I graduated
4. I have traveled to more than 30 countries across 4 continents, and driven all over the continental US while running a traveling jewelry store for about 16 "seasons" of my life (10 summers + 6 others)
1. I once got arrested on a live Fox News broadcast (Day X, March 2003)
5. I am in the home stretch of getting my PhD in Politics, and hope to be a college professor within the next few years

This is a fun game, but I like the version where you tell five things and one is false, and then people have to guess the false one... Maybe another thread for another day. That is a fun "getting to know you" game we used to play at camp as a kid.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2012 12:26 am 

1) I was born in Germany
2) I have no middle name
3) I collect key chains from all over the world
4) I met Rock Hudson when I was a wee lass
5) I have tailgated at the countdown clock at Kennedy Space Center during every space shuttle night launch

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2012 1:00 am 

Five...shit...

1) I can name all the prepositions in the English language in alphabetical order to the tune of a spiffy American anthem.

2) I care for nine turtles that live in my house in an ever-evolving sweet habitat I made for them called Turtletopia.

3) I traveled on a carnival for a year, hanging out with my Dad, a lifetime carnie.

4) I have an uncanny ability to remember the names of obscure players in obscure bands. Hello, Jam Cruise!

5) I believe myself to be less cool than my friends and acquaintances think, prompting me to be cooler than I would be otherwise. Go me!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2012 7:12 am 

Torrey wrote:
Getting to know you... getting to know all about you...

1. I am a direct descendent of Charlemagne, have several ancestors who crossed over on the Mayflower, and my great grandfather won the Congressional Medal of Honor in the American Civil War (we have the medal, and a bunch of other memorabilia he collected, including his old journal).
3. I was nationally competitive in speech and debate in college, and I coached a college debate team for 1.5 years after I graduated
4. I have traveled to more than 30 countries across 4 continents, and driven all over the continental US while running a traveling jewelry store for about 16 "seasons" of my life (10 summers + 6 others)
1. I once got arrested on a live Fox News broadcast (Day X, March 2003)
5. I am in the home stretch of getting my PhD in Politics, and hope to be a college professor within the next few years

This is a fun game, but I like the version where you tell five things and one is false, and then people have to guess the false one... Maybe another thread for another day. That is a fun "getting to know you" game we used to play at camp as a kid.

Torrey...I am also a direct descendant of Charlemagne! Are we cousins? I am also descended from King Ferdinand and Isabella...

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2012 9:43 am 

abgar wrote:
I can name all the prepositions in the English language in alphabetical order to the tune of a spiffy American anthem.

I must hear this. I demand a performance on the ship! :D

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2012 4:17 pm 

serk wrote:
abgar wrote:
I can name all the prepositions in the English language in alphabetical order to the tune of a spiffy American anthem.

I must hear this. I demand a performance on the ship! :D

They should have had the talent show this year instead...

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2012 6:45 pm 

Here is one interesting fact about myself at this moment..
Hillary & Mimi are blinging up something special for Jam Cruise while Denny sleeps on my couch, meanwhile Jeff & Avi just took Larry's boat out on the inter coastal.. Life is good :D

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2012 10:20 pm 

Hug Avi for me :-)

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2012 12:23 pm 

Tons of new cruisers on the forum! Introduce yourself!!!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2012 1:57 pm 

I don't think I ever posted in this one even though I am not a new cruiser, here we go:

1) I am a military brat, having been born in Cali, moving to Germany and yet never having a passport until my first Jam Cruise (JC8).

2) By day I am the Lorax, suing people and corporations who harm the trees that line the streets of the Five boroughs of NYC for the New York City Department of Parks and Recreation. I adore my job.

3) By night I am the Tiny Rager, enjoying the limitless musical options that NYC provides me and writing about it on tinyrager.com when I get that special feeling about a show that needs to be shared. I adore my hobby.

4) Jam Cruise literally saved my life as there was a time before Jam Cruise 8 where I didn't have any faith in humanity and thought I'd be better off dead.

5) I quit smoking and drinking alcohol on my first Jam Cruise. I am not sober but I am also no longer a raging, out-of-control drunk. :)

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2012 2:01 pm 

lightfire4 wrote:
I don't think I ever posted in this one even though I am not a new cruiser, here we go:

1) I am a military brat, having been born in Cali, moving to Germany and yet never having a passport until my first Jam Cruise (JC8).

2) By day I am the Lorax, suing people and corporations who harm the trees that line the streets of the Five boroughs of NYC for the New York City Department of Parks and Recreation. I adore my job.

3) By night I am the Tiny Rager, enjoying the limitless musical options that NYC provides me and writing about it on tinyrager.com when I get that special feeling about a show that needs to be shared. I adore my hobby.

4) Jam Cruise literally saved my life as there was a time before Jam Cruise 8 where I didn't have any faith in humanity and thought I'd be better off dead.

5) I quit smoking and drinking alcohol on my first Jam Cruise. I am not sober but I am also no longer a raging, out-of-control drunk. :)

I love that we both answered this listed our day time/ night time alter egos.
:CLAP: :CLAP: :CLAP: :CLAP: :CLAP:

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2012 2:33 pm 

Love this! So fun to read everybody's story. Here goes:

1. I speak Hungarian, German, and Spanish fluently. (And English--kinda.)
2. I have lived in 9 countries on 4 continents and traveled to 50+ countries and all 50 states.
3. In undergrad I was on the ballroom dancing team and won several medals. I have continued to dance and compete in salsa ever since.
4. I have an MBA from the University of Chicago and an MA from George Washington--I've spent most of my career working for international organizations improving and saving lives in the developing world.
5. I have a sick sense of humor--most things I say can't or shouldn't be taken seriously. Sometimes people don't like it. (You probably know who you are.) ;-)

I always write Jamcruise as one word--and I have hearted big time it ever since the Maiden Voyage in 2004!!! LOVE LOVE!!!

--William Shakespeare, The Winter's Tale (IV, iv, 159-161)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 175 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next