The Jam Cruise Forum

It is currently Fri Sep 19, 2014 1:56 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Referral credits(or lack there of)
PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2012 11:09 am 

So when I went to pick up my "Lifer" plaque, I asked Doria about my referral credits. She told me they weren't ready & to come back later. Well for whatever reason I never made it back there. I think I was all caught up seeing music or something.
Today, I called C9 & they told me that they sent me an EM saying that if I didn't pick up the credit on the Boat, than it was forfeited. I never received that EM.
Then they told me that they slipped a note underneath my door saying the same thing. Again, that did not happen. The only thing C9 personally slid under my door was to let me know about my "Lifer" prize & to show up at the awards ceremony
So after 9 Cruises & countless referrals, they told me that since I didn't pick the credits on the Boat, that they "have been put the $ back in the bank".
Way to go C9. Way to treat one of the 30 or so "Lifers" who have not only sunk $20K+ & referred an untold amount of virgin cruisers.
I earned those referral credits. You need to honor that.
& what's this I hear about you kicking someone off the Boat in Jamaica & PAYING him $500 in order to get home b/c he was mentally unstable?
I'm not letting this one slide. This is BS. I went to get my Plaque & the referral $ was not there & was told to come back. That's not my fault that you didn't have your shit together.
:BEEF:

Post subject: Re: Referral credits(or lack there of)
PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2012 2:26 pm 

Golgiguy wrote:
So when I went to pick up my "Lifer" plaque, I asked Doria about my referral credits. She told me they weren't ready & to come back later. Well for whatever reason I never made it back there. I think I was all caught up seeing music or something.
Today, I called C9 & they told me that they sent me an EM saying that if I didn't pick up the credit on the Boat, than it was forfeited. I never received that EM.
Then they told me that they slipped a note underneath my door saying the same thing. Again, that did not happen. The only thing C9 personally slid under my door was to let me know about my "Lifer" prize & to show up at the awards ceremony
So after 9 Cruises & countless referrals, they told me that since I didn't pick the credits on the Boat, that they "have been put the $ back in the bank".
Way to go C9. Way to treat one of the 30 or so "Lifers" who have not only sunk $20K+ & referred an untold amount of virgin cruisers.
I earned those referral credits. You need to honor that.
& what's this I hear about you kicking someone off the Boat in Jamaica & PAYING him $500 in order to get home b/c he was mentally unstable?
I'm not letting this one slide. This is BS. I went to get my Plaque & the referral $ was not there & was told to come back. That's not my fault that you didn't have your shit together.
:BEEF:

C9, if this is true it's pathetic. Don't scam your own customers when they make money for you. I hope this is some sort of misunderstanding that can be easily sorted out because all that I've seen from C9 for JC10 has been nothing short of amazing. You have earned that good reputation, make sure you keep it!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2012 3:19 pm 

Seems like nothing new... I had the same "come back later" response from Doria a few years ago and did come back. I should have gotten $250 based on the confusing referral requirement rules at that time, but when I did go back for the envelope it only had $50 (I even brought the people I referred with me to pick up the envelope as evidence and testify they had put my name down when booking). I then wrote out all the names of people I had referred with room numbers and eventually got an additional $100 in the mail when I got back.

Keep trying, you should get something.

Cloud 9 - Please review the referral process to ensure the rules are clear and have the funds ready to go. Who knows...we may even spend that cash on merch!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2012 3:37 pm 

I did hear of someone in our group getting the postcard under the door for a referral but i don't know if they collected on it.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2012 4:06 pm 

smells like stinky BS to me.....c9 if you don't have your shat together at one time or another then why do you expect the same from us.....a little understanding goes a long way. the sprayn' mcbubbles incident does not sit well with me either, but i don't know the whole story. look i am not saying its right what they did. i am just saying in the real world people who are "mentally unstable" get counseling first before they get kicked out of society and placed in a hospital. there is a big difference between hosing someone down and talking shat then falling off something you thought was a good idea to climb. don't know either of these people and really don't want to. i do feel somewhat bad for mcbubbles(worse for the people he insulted), he might be "the guy" but he ain't "that guy"

i understand there is a level of control that must be in place. but as the jc beast grows so does its strength to get away with certain things.....right now they could probably kick 10% off the cruise and still sell out the next year so i don't think a few people complaining will help much....but there is always hope

jc is a party/celebration and things will go a little sour no matter what, but it is what we do to make things right that will show our true character. too all the people who got a little wet/sticky and to all the people who were late to their flights i want to say i am sorry this happened and i hope the people that caused it will at least apologize too

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2012 5:14 pm 

This year, I referred 4 virgins who all said I was put down as their referral. Can someone tell me if the referral credit only applies to the lead person in the cabin (the one in charge of booking the room)? That was what I was assuming, because I received $50 and the name that was down on the paper was the lead person (I think).

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2012 10:42 am 

WOW! I am not sure what to say! Cloud 9 has this amazing program to give back and say thanks with CASH....what other events do that? We make it super easy for people to pick up their reward EVERY DAY of Jam Cruise.....I have been involved with this program for 3 years ...and this cruiser has been a problem year after year!

I LOVE doing the referrals, because I get to see so many people with a HUGE smile on their face when they get their gift.....it is so rewarding and fun for me...and makes me so proud of the company that I work for. I cant tell you how may "thank you's" "you guys are amazing" "cloud 9 rules" that I hear all day long.......ITS AWESOME.

So for this guy, who knows EXACTLY how the program works but thinks he can just by-pass the rules, come back and complain about it, write on message boards till we send him his $$........REALLY?

It actually hurts my feelings and I take offense to hearing him say I never did the things I said to make sure he received his money... and then to say I was rude..WOW! Seeing his envelope sitting there day after day was actually the reason that I used my time off to write out a new batch of cards to slip under the doors and call the rooms......because I remembered his behavior last year and did not want a repeat.....So much for that...

Somebody who claims to love Jam Cruise so much....would NEVER act this way and deface us on a public message board!

Last edited by C9michele on Fri Jan 20, 2012 11:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2012 11:13 am 

we think the bennie's program that cloud 9 has in place is just pure brilliance!

we refer people to jam cruise, not 4 the $, we do it 4 selfish reason's, we think they will make our time on da boat better! its true!

we come on jam cruise not 4 the RO gifts, but 4 the greatest 5days w/ the greatest people!

alot of cruisers make/bring gifts each year, many times we missed gettin this pin/sticker/key chain/whatever, cause there alot of things/people/events happening that are what jam cruise is about!

there is so much that goes on behind the scene to make everything happen, we can't/shouldn't get upset if we miss out/forget about something!

we also feel that if we missed something that we felt was supa important 2 us we'd handle it like this;

cloud 9, i had such a great time for the x-year in a row, this year we had such a great time, we forgot about "insert whatever here". due to forgetting about this "thing" is there any way i can pay 4 the shipping/handling/ and effort that you will have to take out of your day to get "this" to me?

now this comes from me Ritchie, i've posting w/o thinking b4 {won't happen again, cause i've learned the hard way}. trust me dave & anyone else who might fall into this position in the future,,,,think 1st, speak w/ your heart, keep neg things off the board{it helps no one} & ask this ?..."HOW CAN I MAKE THIS RIGHT"

thank you cloud 9, we'll work hard and make it back on the boat next year, cause i am a better human cause of what i learn each year from the boat!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2012 11:26 am 

as a matter of fact, my most treasured item of this years time on da boat, was on the last day{at da port} we were on da pooldeck milking every last minute, waiting 4 someone to tells ya'll gotta go now {1st on da boat &last off is da way}....well this guy {Boris, i think} gave me his last "jamcruise 10" pin he had made special 4 the boat, he said he gave it to me cause days earlier he seen me giving out pins. i had never gotten a "cruiser made jam cruise gift b4", we bring gifts every year {heck we feel the reason the merch had sunglasses was cause we had them made up 4 cruiser gifts last year}. i never got upset, thinking wow i never get a gift and give them all the time, its not about what you get, its what you give that counts! if i was giving some of the other items that were handed out, i can tell you this pin would not have as special meaning to me as it does now!!!!!!!!!!!!

i'm outta here 4 da day, its my 41st bday, my mom is here & i haven't seen her in 9yrs, peace & love to all,,,

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2012 11:36 am 

Hey LIRR

Thanks for all your kind words. SO GLAD you had such an awesome experience on JC 10 and past Jam Cruises!! Hope you have a fantastic year that goes really fast.......Cant wait to see you on board Jam Cruise 11...HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2012 11:43 am 

LIRRs - I know you have at least gotten a kickball team hat in the past, and I'm pretty sure you've gotten other gifts from cruisers :lol: but you are correct, it's the giving that is the most fun and that's the memory that sticks with you, the smiles on people's faces when they receive gifts.

Michele - Cloud 9 rocks. Thank you for all you do.

Li'l Dave - Love you man but I'm continually amazed at how pissed off you get over little shit. Let it go. Bashing these guys over $50 when as you said you spend many thousands with them over the years seems very petty, you're better than that. IMHO/YMMV.

Ya I know, opinions are like assholes... we think they all stink except our own :P

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2012 11:53 am 

Thanks SERK.....you rock too :D

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2012 11:58 am 

serk wrote:
LIRRs - I know you have at least gotten a kickball team hat in the past, and I'm pretty sure you've gotten other gifts from cruisers :lol: but you are correct, it's the giving that is the most fun and that's the memory that sticks with you, the smiles on people's faces when they receive gifts.

Michele - Cloud 9 rocks. Thank you for all you do.

Li'l Dave - Love you man but I'm continually amazed at how pissed off you get over little shit. Let it go. Bashing these guys over $50 when as you said you spend many thousands with them over the years seems very petty, you're better than that. IMHO/YMMV.

Ya I know, opinions are like assholes... we think they all stink except our own :P

What she said! And come on Ritchie, you got the fun guides from me, guitar light up lighter, stickers, the wooden medallions .. Kinda dangerous statement to make HERE when these people gave you stuff and might start chiming in. Name tags, schedules.. We all get cool stuff :).. TOC lighters, TOC sunglasses
I just keep editing this bc I keep thinking of more stuff.. If you did miss all that sorry :cry:

Last edited by MissAslan on Fri Jan 20, 2012 12:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2012 12:12 pm 

Actually, I have my own testimonial..
On JC6 my dad got a cabin and used my name.. We were soooo late getting there and a problem had caused my name to not be on the list. Doria was a darling and apologized..database errors happen and I should NOT have waited till the LAST night to go find out why I didn't get that card under my door. We hugged and I got my reward.. Personal responsibility anyone?

On JC8 I got my card and went DIRECTLY to Doria's World. That place is soooo busy and after 6 years, let alone 9, I learned to get my gifts and $$$ early just like getting to Merch early for the best selection.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2012 12:32 pm 

And here is a tip for getting your $$.. Get your list together of who used your name and try calling the office before the boat to verify that they have you for each..spend five minutes before asking them and save the aggravation and time posting later.. Either way this rant took more time than calling .. Just sayin'