The Jam Cruise Forum

It is currently Tue Sep 02, 2014 10:21 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 52 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: Referral credits(or lack there of)
PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2012 6:04 pm 

JustBob wrote:
Maybe people don't understand it's by cabin and not by person.
Bob

This is what I was looking to find out. I think if this were made more clear, a lot of confusion could be avoided.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2012 1:15 am 

serk wrote:
JustBob wrote:
Not just Dave. Oh, by the way, that is his name and he has been on and always will be on more Jam Cruises then yourself. It might be time to learn the name of one of C9's longest returning customers.

This must relate to some offline conversation? I have re-read this thread four times and I can't find any reason/relevance for these statements. Someone forgot Dave's name? huh? :roll: does not compute. not sure who the "yourself" is either, as you didn't quote which post you're replying to.

As for "always will be" - I disagree with that too. Possible, maybe even probable, but you really never know what the future will bring.

...carry on :lol:

I think Bob was referring to Michelle's comment about Dave in the 3rd person (or calling him "this guy"):

Quote:
WOW! I am not sure what to say! Cloud 9 has this amazing program to give back and say thanks with CASH....what other events do that? We make it super easy for people to pick up their reward EVERY DAY of Jam Cruise.....I have been involved with this program for 3 years ...and this cruiser has been a problem year after year!

I LOVE doing the referrals, because I get to see so many people with a HUGE smile on their face when they get their gift.....it is so rewarding and fun for me...and makes me so proud of the company that I work for. I cant tell you how may "thank you's" "you guys are amazing" "cloud 9 rules" that I hear all day long.......ITS AWESOME.

So for this guy, who knows EXACTLY how the program works but thinks he can just by-pass the rules, come back and complain about it, write on message boards till we send him his $$........REALLY?

It actually hurts my feelings and I take offense to hearing him say I never did the things I said to make sure he received his money... and then to say I was rude..WOW! Seeing his envelope sitting there day after day was actually the reason that I used my time off to write out a new batch of cards to slip under the doors and call the rooms......because I remembered his behavior last year and did not want a repeat.....So much for that...

Somebody who claims to love Jam Cruise so much....would NEVER act this way and deface us on a public message board!

There is truth in what both of you are saying (Dave and Michelle). And let me say that I have never gotten credit for referring anyone on the boat, and if I did, I would likely forget to pick it up. There is too much to do on the boat, to remember something like that.

Perhaps it would serve everyone better if the referral credit is a future cruise credit, and if you don't cruise again, you don't get the credit. THat way RO's keep coming back and there is nothing to remember to pick up on the boat. If there is an issue, it can all be handled offline, once we get back on land. Preferably, not in a public forum with flaming messages, but with emails and phone calls.

And yes, Dave complains about this every year, but he isn't the only one. I Know C9 wants to do the right thing and reward referrals, so there has to be a better way to do this....

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2012 4:40 am 

Sorry, all - Ritchie wasn't referring to past cruise gifts from other cruisers....he meant just this year. And we received infamous lostsailordesign leather keychains this year===yeah!!so beautiful! and yes, we are thankful to give and get every lightup toy, safety pins, e l wings, boots, fake eyelashes, wigs, tattoos, cd's,drinks. glitter. But, getting a something specially made and given to you out of the blue that represents this beautiful event that we are a part of............is priceless! (true, this seems to happen every year --which makes it even better!)

if the rules are if you get off the boat without picking a referral fee up you're SOL, maybe that notice should be in all CAPS! cuz we didn't know it...we just like to prioritize incoming money and make it a point to go pick it up. The USPS charges $4.95 for shipping box - C9 just put $45, some oatmeal soap, yerba mate tea, duct tape, earplugs, and a flyer for the next jamcruise in the mail to dave tomorrow. problem solved.

Bob --"A full cabin of virgins can be hard to come by"..................awesome! but well worth looking for! :lol:

love to all,

mrandmrslirr!

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2012 8:03 am 

This is my last post regarding this. I did go up to C9 Central. I did get my "Lifer" plaque. Thank you C9 for that, it's beautiful. When I picked up my plaque & asked for my referral credits, I was told to come back later. I was too busy with other things, such as enjoying myself & seeing some of the best music on the planet.
For me to ask that the credits to be mailed to me, I think is fair. For them to deny me them b/c I didn't pick them up on the ship, AFTER I tried, is complete BS.
Now I'm getting shit from everyone b/c I'm vocal about this is weak as hell. For Michele to refer to me as "that guy" only proves that she has no clue who I am & the amount of POSITIVE things I have said about the cruise over the last 9 years.
I'm not a hater, I just want C9 to stand by their word, which they have failed to do, year after year.
Flame away b/c I'm done with the forum/C9 & so on.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2012 9:27 am 

i hate rules. but, rules are rules.
one has always been that referral credits must be picked up on the boat.
who decides how to make exceptions and for who to make them?

"Two on a quaalude, that's bad luck" - Rick Gassko

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2012 10:06 am 

JustBob wrote:
First let me say that I picked up my 1st referral fee ever this year. Many people are on this boat because of me, but like Richie I want them on to enjoy it with me. I had no problem picking up my cash.

That being said, I hear from people every year how the referral didn't work out. Not just Dave. Oh, by the way, that is his name and he has been on and always will be on more Jam Cruises then yourself. It might be time to learn the name of one of C9's longest returning customers. When I hear about a referral not working out it seems like it's always the amount. If you are getting anymore then 1 you have a big chance of it not being correct. Hell, it could be the rules. A full cabin of virgins can be hard to come by. Maybe people don't understand it's by cabin and not by person. I don't know what it is. I just know this is the 2nd biggest complaint I hear evey year. 1st is the food, but we all know that.

Bob

Bob, you are the man. Thank you again! I put his name down as my referral and he gave my wife and I the $50 to buy drinks the last night of the cruise. That was a truly kind and selfless act that was much appreciated. Thank you again!

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2012 10:14 am 

All referrals should be given in drink tickets. :wink: problem solved. :lol:

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2012 8:04 pm 

jyflsnd wrote:
Bob, you are the man. Thank you again! I put his name down as my referral and he gave my wife and I the $50 to buy drinks the last night of the cruise. That was a truly kind and selfless act that was much appreciated. Thank you again!

You are very welcome. I wish I was drinking on the last day so I could drink it with you. I give credit for the idea to BluzBill and I will do it with anyone that puts my name down. I hope you guys got trashed and got off the boat as early as you could the next morning to get back to Fern. Steve made his flight with 20 minutes to spare!

Serk, what Bohdi said.

I would be all for credit for the next cruise as well. It sounds like a good idea.

Bob

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2012 9:14 pm 

I see this thread as a tragic consequence of making things too complicated. C9 has done it's best to honor their promises and still there are people that never got what was promised. Now we have people on both sides being pissed at each other and all of them can claim to have good reasons for it.
The solutions to this kind of problems is to prevent them from happening in the first place. This is done by applying the KISS principle.
Keeping it simple is to just issue a rebate for a future cruise (not time limited). This is easy for everybody to understand, it requires no manual intervention, and it leaves a lot of time for both sides to settle any disagreements before the cruise.
I'd be perfectly happy to get just a free beer for dragging more people on the ship, or maybe even just a hug from Annabel. The issue here is that when a promise has been made people will feel entitled to cash in on it and there is no need to make this complicated. Don't deal with this during the cruise, everybody has too much else on their mind then. If they didn't, it wouldn't be much of a cruise, would it? :wink:
So C9, please take the advice that several people have suggested and simplify this process. It can be more or less money, I don't think anyone really cares, but whatever it is should be easy to collect with no hassle.
Let's not spoil the love fest over money squabbles!
love
Knut

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2012 7:06 pm 

I know, I know, there goes Bob digging up this old thread that nobody liked. Sorry. After I read this I had to post it.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
We know that our passengers are our greatest assets when it comes to spreading the word about Jam Cruise and we truly want to reward you for your efforts. Our magical adventure builds memories that need to be shared.

Our simple referral program will give you incentive to refer as many friends as possible!

You get a $50 referral gift for each NEW Jam Cruiser referred by you
• The person you are referring cannot be in your cabin, they have to be in a separate cabin
• You have to be a returning cruiser and both parties need to sail on Jam Cruise 11
• Your name MUST be entered by the new cruiser at the time of booking - NO EXCEPTIONS
• You can refer as many new passengers as you want
• All referral gifts MUST be picked up on board Jam Cruise 11 during designated times at Cloud 9 Central - NO EXCEPTIONS
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

That being said. Y'all owe me $50 and Dave a lot of money. From what I understood the fee was per cabin of new cruisers. It currently reads "each NEW Jam Cruiser". Is this wrong, has it changed, or do you owe me some money?

Bob

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2012 3:37 pm 

noticed that too bob - think it is a change from a couple of years back - it was that way two years ago (and still don't understand the "must be a different cabin" requirement. What difference does that make and why???)

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2012 6:55 pm 

:!: Email Michelle :!:

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2012 11:35 am 

• All referral gifts MUST be picked up on board Jam Cruise 11 during designated times at Cloud 9 Central - NO EXCEPTIONS
I can't believe C9 still insists on this stupid rule. That is what has created all this drama all along. C9 is unbeatable in
creating amazing music events, but my god, when it comes to organization and efficiency it's like talking to a brick wall!

Why they want your referral in a separate cabin is not hard to understand though. If you get one friend in a new
cabin, that person will work on filling it. They can get 2-4 people on your single referral!

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2012 2:31 pm 

odman wrote:
Why they want your referral in a separate cabin is not hard to understand though. If you get one friend in a new cabin, that person will work on filling it. They can get 2-4 people on your single referral!

I see it differently - if they gave referrals for newbies in your cabin you would be more likely to get new people to go instead of rooming with someone who has been before and that person would be busy filling their own cabin!

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2012 2:39 pm 

I'm with Bill. I don't get that rule either. When is was a per cabin rule it made sence. How it reads now Bill can bring a new person on in his cabin and they can refer me for the $50 but not him.

I'm still shocked at the per per thing.

Bob

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 52 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next