The Jam Cruise Forum

It is currently Thu Apr 24, 2014 2:04 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Wanee Carpool - From Jacksonville Airport, or elsewhere?
PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2012 9:56 am 

I am flying down to Florida from NYC for the Wanee Festival in April - super excited!

I have another friend who is flying to FL from Colorado, and possibly a third coming from NYC as well. Don't have time to drive this time, and we are trying to figure out transportation to/from the festival from a nearby airport. The cheapest flights at the moment are to Jacksonville, but there are several other airports nearby. So I guess I have 2 questions:

1. Is anyone who is semi-local driving to the festival, and would want to pick up (1-3) people at a nearby airport along the way, and/or drop us off at the airport on the way back home? If so, what airport, and what dates (and what times)? I was thinking of flying in on Thursday morning (or Wednesday evening) and can fly back either Sunday evening, or early on Monday morning. (Please please only offer this if you are 100% committed - I would hate to get stranded with no ride to the festival, and would be in bad shape if I was stranded at the festival, with no ride to catch my flight and get back to work on Monday...)

2. Is anyone else flying in, and wants to split a rental car (or van) with us for the weekend? We can try to coordinate our flight times and airport to arrive around the same time/place, and then chip in and drive to Wanee and back together. We have 2 people on board for this so far, and possibly a 3rd. I would love to get as many people as possible, to reduce the cost, since the rental car will just sit at the festival all weekend. I have a license and don't mind driving. If so, what airport and what dates can you manage? Please let me know how flexible your options are, so we can try to find a plan that can accommodate the most people. I was thinking to pick up the rental car on Thursday and drop it off Sunday (3 day rental), and then I might stay overnight locally on Sunday night to get a cheaper flight back early Monday morning.

Also, does anyone who is driving in have any extra camping gear? Ideally, a tent and sleeping bag, or extra blankets? I could bring stuff from NYC, but have to pay extra to check a bag, and won't have much room for gear in my carry-on. I'm expecting a minimalist weekend. Worse case, my friend and I will buy a cheap tent in Florida and bring it to the festival, then leave it with someone local. So... if you don't have gear, but might want to "inherit" ours, get in touch as well.

Thanks all, and I look forward to seeing you down in FLA!

Post subject: Re: Wanee Carpool - From Jacksonville Airport, or elsewhere?
PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2012 3:14 pm 

i live in jax and plan on driving down thursday mornin... yall can ride with me, i bet i have all the extra gear you need too

912 674 3441

name is jarred

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2012 11:00 am 

Jarred - you are amazing! Thank you so much.

See you all at Wanee!

:-)

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 10:40 am 

torrey... gimme a call so i knows whats the plans be is

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 5:59 pm 

we had fun!!