The Jam Cruise Forum

It is currently Sun Nov 23, 2014 10:45 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: How do triple & quad Cabins work?
PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2012 11:42 am 

So I am a Jam Cruise newb. Planning on booking at the first available oppurtunity.

I am looking at the cabin pricing structure. How do these triple and quad cabins work? I've been on a ton of non-jam cruises. The cabins are really small. If we book a quad cabin are we going to be sleeping in shifts or all getting really close with each other?

I guess the question is, how does 4 people in 1 tiny cabin work?

Post subject: Re: How do triple & quad Cabins work?
PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2012 12:19 pm 

a quad cabin has two twin sized beds floor level with two fold down beds on the walls over the beds.
depending on your sleeping schedules you may all be sleeping at the same time but most likely not - due to music and friends and other things happening on JamCruise, not solely because of the quad set-up. My first year was in a quad and seldom were even 3 of us in the room at the same time - but we did not party in the room at all (there is a whole ship for the party!!)

That said, the cost of a double is only a couple of hundred more per person and well worth the privacy and room IF it is affordable for your group.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2012 12:25 pm 

first ..welcome to the family...as to the cabins, you won't be spending all that much time in your cabin as "bluzbill" says ...trust me..next, the only real challenge is enough places to store luggage so don't get too carried away with "stuff"...there will be a bed for each...one may be a sofa and one may be a pull down bunk or the set up that "bluzbill" says but again, you won't be spending all that much time there...it also is a good plan to book one with a balcony just for some extra space and the view...anyway...welcome to the best cruise you will ever have..!!

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2012 12:44 pm 

bluzbill wrote:
a quad cabin has two twin sized beds floor level with two fold down beds on the walls over the beds.
depending on your sleeping schedules you may all be sleeping at the same time but most likely not - due to music and friends and other things happening on JamCruise, not solely because of the quad set-up. My first year was in a quad and seldom were even 3 of us in the room at the same time - but we did not party in the room at all (there is a whole ship for the party!!)

That said, the cost of a double is only a couple of hundred more per person and well worth the privacy and room IF it is affordable for your group.

my experience has been with an interior quad - I have no idea of a quad/triple window or balcony setup

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2012 1:52 pm 

Awesome. Thanks for the info. So basically 1 bed per person no matter what. Good to know. I was worried about sleeping in shifts.

The other question is, do i have to declare how many people are staying in the cabin at the time of booking? Or can i just book a cabin and determine in a few months if it will be 2 or 3 or 4 people? we definetly have two, but i am going to try and recruit a couple more people, but i dont know if i'll be able to get them to commit in May

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2012 4:26 pm 

Yes you need to know how many people when you book, cuz you book a cabin type (e.g. cat 8 triple, cat 2 quad). But you don't need to know all of your cabinmates names/information when you initially book.

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2012 1:09 pm 

..... You sleep all together like spoons