The Jam Cruise Forum

It is currently Tue Jul 22, 2014 11:28 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Thoughts on rooms...
PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2012 12:47 am 

Hi all.

First time cruiser here along with my boyfriend. We have another couple in our room and was curious if anyone could provide any info on how it is to stay with another couple (space, beds, luggage, etc). Want to book the best room possible for four people. I see that there are a couple different choices, just trying to see what worked for you all :)

We've had other friends all stay in a room but they weren't couples so us 4 are curious what the bed sizes are, what is the best combination of amenities we should get...

Any and all feedback is greatly appreciated!

Can't wait to meet some of you on the boat!

Post subject: Re: Thoughts on rooms...
PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2012 4:58 am 

Welcome to Jam Cruise - Anywhere on the boat is awesome :DANCE: ...
I have been in a quad room with a balcony and that had a very comfortable couch/fold out bed and a queen bed. This room was in the back of the boat and had a very cool view of the ocean coming off the boat...
I have also been in an interior quad room which is 2 bunk beds with the top bunks folding into the walls.
Most people do not spend much time in their rooms though...

Not sure if you saw this page with details on the rooms - it specifies them pretty well:
http://www.jamcruise.com/2012/book#pricing

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2012 8:52 am 

I've never been in a quad so really can't comment - but wanted to say HI and welcome aboard!! :)

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2012 9:08 am 

Aw thank you so much for the warm welcome! I can't wait to get ship wrecked with ya'll! :P

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2012 9:17 am 

Ellen wrote:
Welcome to Jam Cruise - Anywhere on the boat is awesome :DANCE: ...

:CLAP: yep. :)

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2012 9:40 am 

We always get a quad at the lowest level possible I dont need to invest 3-5 extra hundred dollars to have a room I only see moments before my eyelids close and after they open. The one issue with 2 couples is that an interior quad has 2 bunks and 2 twins that can be made into queen. Some years we left them separate Ive been married 11 years I don't HAVE to spoon on this trip. Last year the guys took the bunks and the ladies got the comfy bottom bed. But again save your $$ for fun times outside of your room. :DANCE: :DANCE: :DANCE: :DANCE:

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2012 10:01 am 

Way I see it is that you pay to go on this boat for the music, parties, fun, friends, etc. If you don't have unlimited funds, then why spend more money on a nicer room that will only lead to making it more convenient / comfortable to spend more time in your room away from the music??

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2012 2:32 pm 

vinceums wrote:
Way I see it is that you pay to go on this boat for the music, parties, fun, friends, etc. If you don't have unlimited funds, then why spend more money on a nicer room that will only lead to making it more convenient / comfortable to spend more time in your room away from the music??

There is a cabin included? :lol:

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2012 2:47 pm 

I think it's worth it to get the balcony. We have our breakfast out there and it's just nice to have a place to watch the world go by when it's time to wind down.

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2012 3:57 pm 

Well, honestly, I don't agree with anyone here. My husband and I are married 9 years and would not share a room with another couple on this boat no matter what! It is a super sexy trip and you should use this opportunity to have some grown up fun with your significant other. We attend numerous shows on board and still spend alot of time in our room. There are other things you're doing in your room besides sleeping, trust me, so it is worth the $ to get a room with a balcony and enjoy your time alone! An added bonus is a mirror wall in front of the bed so I highly recommend a standard balcony room. This is not the vacation to be thrifty - go all out!

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2012 3:58 pm 

reneejyoung wrote:
Well, honestly, I don't agree with anyone here. My husband and I are married 9 years and would not share a room with another couple on this boat no matter what! It is a super sexy trip and you should use this opportunity to have some grown up fun with your significant other. We attend numerous shows on board and still spend alot of time in our room. There are other things you're doing in your room besides sleeping, trust me, so it is worth the $ to get a room with a balcony and enjoy your time alone! An added bonus is a mirror wall in front of the bed so I highly recommend a standard balcony room. This is not the vacation to be thrifty - go all out!

TMI! :lol:

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2012 4:07 pm 

the interior cabins have even more mirrors if that's your thing. :oops:

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2012 4:25 pm 

jflair wrote:
I think it's worth it to get the balcony. We have our breakfast out there and it's just nice to have a place to watch the world go by when it's time to wind down.

Absolutely agree! It was great to wake up to the sounds of the ocean and have a relaxing breakfast.

JC 10, JC 11, JC 12, JC 13 cabin 8182

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2012 11:33 am 

I only went last year, but feel I picked well based on what many vet-friends had told me.

I went with a balcony room on level 10. LOVE the balcony and wouldn't give it up. True, I spent most of my time out of the room, but I did spend some time in there. The JC-TV rocks when you are slowly getting moving after a few hours of being crashed-out in the wee-hours. As someone stated above, I enjoyed my private room with my sweet wife and had a lot of private adult fun in there...hehe.... :) Also, great to be able to have some downtime on the balcony, chill, read a book, enjoy a cocktail, etc. I didn't chill very much or for very long, but I did it some and was glad I could. But then again, I could see NOT having it, too...back in my college days I would have taken a no balcony room and been perfectly happy - plenty of places to enjoy outside in relative private on the top deck...it's pretty huge. But now I have the cash and it's a lovely perk, so....balcony room it is!

I liked level 10 because it was sandwiched between the top deck and the level with the zebra lounge and theater below. So quick and easy access to either of the main music areas. The room we were in was pretty close to the stairs/elevator, so that was convenient. Also, we were closer to the front of the boat, which is quieter and has less vibration action than the rear where the engines are located.

Anyhoo...that's my two cents from my one experience on board last year.

Can't f'n WAIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2012 12:13 pm 

Wow, all great, informative responses! Thanks so much for the help.

We are trying to be a little thrifty this year because of other massive summer plans that aren't cheap! We know we will be back (we havent even been yet but we just know it!!) so maybe in the future cruises we will upgrade and spend a little more when money isn't that tight. Luckily, us 4 are super tight and we have already talked about sharing "time" in the room for ahem, extracurricular activities! We've been friends for years so I don't think I am too worried about walking in on them doin the nasty. From the sound of things, it seems that mostly everyone spends more time on ship then in their room.

I guess I was just curious how it would be with the beds to stay in a room holding 4 people. I think I've kinda gathered that there are two twin beds and a couch that works as a full size bed? I know we will all have places to sleep (i think? haha) I just want to make sure that there will be enough room! You can get rooms without the bunks, right? Is that some sort of specific room? It's all a tad bit confusing to me because when they released all the stuff yesterday for the Poesia it seemed as though that there were 2 different rooms for each selection?

We are booking at the bare minimum because we have about 18 other friends going who are all about the balcony, etc and we figure we'll just mooch off their amenities! hahah! :DANCE: