The Jam Cruise Forum

It is currently Mon Jul 28, 2014 2:19 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Thoughts on rooms...
PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2012 3:27 pm 

HI! We are a couple and we shared a quad with 2 folks that weren't a couple and we didn't know. Funny story how it ended up that way but worked out just fine and dandy. There are two upper bunks that are a bit more narrow, I and the other gal in the room took those. The bottom bunk is is a bit larger and the men folk of the cabin took those. It was a bit tight for all our luggage but of course we brought more than we needed as usual. We did have a window, not a balcony and I really felt we had plenty of room for our purposes. It was pretty rare we were all in the room at the same time. We were always in and out updating our costume choices, etc. The bunks were very, very comfee and as long as you pee before you climb up you are good to go. It's kinda tricky climbing down in the dark when you aren't as coordinated as you'd normally be. All and all, I'd spend the money on something else, not a balcony or privacy. We can cruise anytime, this trip is about the music and what takes place outside the cabin. As long as it's quiet, cool and dark for sleeping, that's all that matters to me!

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2012 5:54 pm 

I have stayed in a double, a triple, and a quad. I think you will be fine in a quad with another couple as long as you guys are prepared to be in super tight quarters. Most of the quads are 2 twin beds that can be pushed together and 2 bunks. I think the only ones that are 2 twins/pullout couch are the quad/balconies and those go FAST. If all of the people in your cabin are virgins then I think the odds are that those will be gone by the time you reach your booking slot. There are ways to make the interior quad more manageable. There is a closet with small drawers in every room. We just assigned drawers and that way you wouldn't get your stuff too mixed up. You can store suitcases with your clothes in them under the twin beds. Even if the suitcases are a little bulky you can lift the bed and slide them under. Everybody has to really make an effort to keep up with their stuff and it can work out.

In the end, even if your room ends up being a disaster area you will get off the boat having had the best time ever. Welcome aboard!

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2012 6:13 pm 

We've been in a quad and a triple with a balcony. Our roommates have been either great friends of ours or my sister in law and another friend. In the quads, we always push the bottom two beds together to make one big bed (this requires a bit of re-arranging the room). Generally the way we choose who gets which bed is whoever passes out first wins choice. I have found myself waking up with my sister-in-law and/or the friend that stays with us. If/when you sleep on Jam Cruise, you are completely worn out so the option of who you sleep next to isn't really important. If you're good friends and comfortable with each other, there's not much planning to do. Go, have fun and try not to over-think it!
As someone else mentioned, the triple balcony room we had was a big bed and a pull out sofa (if I remember correctly). It's a bigger room. The balcony is nice, but only if you intend to be in the room to use it. If you are a smoker, it is convenient although there are signs posted that say not to smoke on the balcony. I don't smoke so it's a non-issue for me.
At any rate, YOU'RE GOING ON JAM CRUISE!!!!!!!!!!!! Welcome aboard!!!!!!!

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2012 6:22 pm 

There is no way 2 grown people could sleep on a pullout couch..consider the pullout as a twin..it works as a quad if you are putting little kids in the pullout together but NEVER for grown ups.. That is why you won't see pullout couch balconies sold as quads by C9 without special request.

Somewhere in the search you can find a detailed thread I created a few years ago about room sizes and features.
I always got the Large stateroom balcony with the pullout couch and the room is larger than the other balcony rooms.. I suggest 12142 as one of the best rooms for a double EVER, and with a special request C9 would probably sell it as a triple.. It also has an adjoining room.

Now it just depends on how skinny you are & how much you like to cuddle..ie, must cuddle or not at all.

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2012 9:32 am 

Ohhhh shit! I totally see what you are saying now:

There is no way to get a Standard Interior Room with two beds and a pullout couch. Basically, if I want that option I will have to get the Large Balcony?

I guess my options are pretty limited then if I am trying to remain cheap! I guess us couple will have to use the "where ever you pass out is where you sleep" rule. I don't think we will all mind sharing or taking turns. Honestly the men will probably take the top bunks, at least I think so? Oh geeze, so much to think about! Jam Cruise why are you making is so difficult? I want what I want! At least I am going and that's all I can really ask for! :mrgreen: I don't even think I am gonna flippin care about the beds when I get there. It's just booking them now that makes me wonder what options I should choose.

Thanks again for all the warm welcomes, I can't wait to meet you funkadelic people!!

Also, from previous years have you noticed that more artists get added to the lineup? I am super pleased so far but hoping for a little more! Really disappointed I missed Umphs last year but it seems as though they've got a lot more going on this year -- good for them!!