The Jam Cruise Forum

It is currently Sat Nov 01, 2014 2:20 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Referral credits(or lack there of)
PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2012 3:45 pm 

I think they should do away with referral credits entirely. They do nothing but cause problems and headaches for C9, not to mention all the public bitching and bad PR is causes. I can pretty much guarantee that not getting a stupid $50 is not going to keep anyone off the ship. Really Cloud9, don't bother "fixing" this program that you created to try to be nicer to repeat cruisers, it's obviously backfired and causes you more harm than goodwill.

Yes, I've referred many people. No, I've never bothered trying to get my $50. So here's my $.02, take it or leave it *shrug*

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2012 4:31 pm 

Serk, shouldn't you be off gallivanting in foreign lands? Leave this silly forum whineyness and enjoy your vacation. :wink:

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2012 4:37 pm 

Don't listen to serk!

I've gotten referral money on a few cruises and never had a problem. Free money!!

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2012 4:41 pm 

serk wrote:
I think they should do away with referral credits entirely. They do nothing but cause problems and headaches for C9, not to mention all the public bitching and bad PR is causes. I can pretty much guarantee that not getting a stupid $50 is not going to keep anyone off the ship. Really Cloud9, don't bother "fixing" this program that you created to try to be nicer to repeat cruisers, it's obviously backfired and causes you more harm than goodwill.

Yes, I've referred many people. No, I've never bothered trying to get my $50. So here's my $.02, take it or leave it *shrug*

I personally don't care if they take it away completely. I keep talking about jamcruise to everybody all the time anyway. I just think it's sad when an incentive that is meant to be nice is implemented in such a clutsy way that it creates tension where it's not needed.

PS: To you who struggle to figure out how to maximize your profits: If you are both previous cruisers, get separate cabins and then refer new people to each other's cabins!

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2012 7:32 pm 

Since Im the one who started this thread, Id like to be the one who ends it. i offended several people that I consider friends & for that, Im sorry
The last thing I will say on this issue, is that I do know the rules, I followed them. I went to Doria's world 2 pick up my Lifer Plaque & asked for my referral credits & was told to come back because they weren't ready.
it was my fault that I didn't go back a 2nd time, but after we docked, I asked C9 for my credits. When they told me I wasn't eligible because I didn't pick them up on the ship, that's when I got upset, as I did try to pick them up & they were not there. when I asked 4 them 2 mail them 2 me, they denied me because I didn't pick them up on the ship, which I tried to do & was denied due to an error on their end.
I'm over this & I ask that this thread be dropped. All I know is this happens EVERY year. I shouldn't be the scapegoat 4 bringing this to C9's attention.
Nuff said.

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2012 3:21 pm 

Sorry Dave, I'm not complaining on my behalf.

I'm still unclear if this is a mistake on the website or is it now a $50 per person fee. Like I said before, a cabin full of virgins can be hard to come by. One person here and one person there could add up real fast. Just sayin'

Serk, it sounds like you don't want to participate inthe referral program. If you could please tell anyone that is going to put down your name to put mine instead I would appreciate it :D

Bob

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2012 3:30 pm 

JustBob wrote:
a cabin full of virgins
^^^^ your gift in the afterlife from the Cloud9 gods if you refer lots of new cruisers during your stay on earth.