The Jam Cruise Forum

It is currently Sat Nov 01, 2014 5:51 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: pre-post shows
PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2012 2:35 pm 

back on jam cruise 4, the pre-show was a band that WASN'T on the boat{3 of the 4 members were},,,,,this is where the pre-post show needs to get back to

Post subject: Re: pre-post shows
PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2012 3:27 pm 

Unless UM is on the boat again. I'd go to two pre-shows again without a second thought. :)

Rawk!
\m/ \m/

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2012 5:29 pm 

LIRR wrote:
back on jam cruise 4, the pre-show was a band that WASN'T on the boat{3 of the 4 members were},,,,,this is where the pre-post show needs to get back to

Sounds like a hard sell. "You can play for us the night before but you're not allowed on the boat". You must be pretty desperate as a band not to just flip the bird at a proposition like that!

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2012 9:03 pm 

odman wrote:
LIRR wrote:

Sounds like a hard sell. "You can play for us the night before but you're not allowed on the boat". You must be pretty desperate as a band not to just flip the bird at a proposition like that!

yea i guess you could look at it that way,,,,or,,,just maybe as a band you're happy to play in front of a bunch of die-hard music lovers, with a chance to blow them away, so that maybe next year hey make it on the boat,,,

you see jam cruise can only fit so many bands on the boat,,,by having a different bands play pre-post, that gives us the music fans, more bands to see, keeps what on the boat fresh.

now i'm not in a band, though i did tour manage bands on our scene for 4 years & most bands would love a chance like a pre-post jam cruise show. to be able to have your band name w/ anything that has to do with jam cruise, would/should be a badge of honor, a mile stone if you will.

but again i'm just selfish and want my fest to be to my likings, and i like lots of different bands

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 9:56 am 

revolution is a shitty venue imo especially when sold out. i might go for mmw, but def not for moe.

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 11:31 am 

col4bin wrote:
revolution is a shitty venue imo especially when sold out. i might go for mmw, but def not for moe.

Q4T. Effing miserable last year for UM. Good shows but beyond sold out. Way too over crowded, and the "VIP" lounge upstairs with about 10 people in it took 1/3 of the upper balcony. Someone from the fire dept. must be on the payroll at Revolution, because for those seemed to be well beyond the maximum occupancy.

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 11:55 am 

as far as we know there is NO good venue any where near the port

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 12:53 pm 

vinceums wrote:
col4bin wrote:

Q4T. Effing miserable last year for UM. Good shows but beyond sold out. Way too over crowded, and the "VIP" lounge upstairs with about 10 people in it took 1/3 of the upper balcony. Someone from the fire dept. must be on the payroll at Revolution, because for those seemed to be well beyond the maximum occupancy.

i think there is another room off the back of the venue that nobody would be in if there's a show going on that probably counts towards there max capacity.

there are much better venues, but either not large enough or not close to the port. pre/post shows at sunset cove ampitheatre in boca or pompano beach amphitheatre would be awesome imo. small outdoor setups with plenty of space, but probably 20 minutes from the port.
:WALL:

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 4:50 am 

Past few years I've passed on the post cruise shows but another chance to see moe. is enough to get me to go. Preshow is tempting but the chance of a last precruise reunion at the Bahia Cabana is enough to get me to skip that one.

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 7:17 am 

phorevergr8ful wrote:
Past few years I've passed on the post cruise shows but another chance to see moe. is enough to get me to go. Preshow is tempting but the chance of a last precruise reunion at the Bahia Cabana is enough to get me to skip that one.

This exactly (except it will also be my first chance for a precruise reunion at the Bahia Cabana).

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 6:48 pm 

i agree,i would like different bands.......maybe some of the musicians on the boat but in a different band that isn't playing on the boat. i know there is enough talent around the night before, this could happen. Also not a fan of Revolution, i would think somebody in the production field could figure out a better way to do the pre and post shows. Got to be a better place, maybe a little smaller venue and have only tickets sold to jam cruisers(and they could get them for there jam cruiser friends) this would eliminate a big percentage of the negative vibes that are going on at revolution. Or it could be just the vibe for that area. All i know is i will never go back to that place again no matter who plays there.

We can do better, it might cost a little more to get it done but it would be worth it to me. Please C9, think about it.