The Jam Cruise Forum

It is currently Tue Sep 16, 2014 12:58 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 50 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: Misery loves company - aka - "who else is out for JC 11?
PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 12:22 pm 

I'm not booking a cabin today. Just not excited about JamCruise (nothing to do with line-up or ports, just burned out after 8 straight years). Not to say I won't grab a spot in a cabin later on but can't justify the financial commitment at this time

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 12:39 pm 

Hillary wrote:
And did you know there are 18 people in March 4th? That's 5 cabins. I think they will definitely be fun, but Jesus that's a lot of real estate.

I thought the same thing...

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 12:45 pm 

We're out this year. But I WISH I was on. I love the line up and love the ports. We just need to take a year off. We'll be back for our robe in 2014!!

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 12:48 pm 

Tai wrote:
Hope I can ask this without causing a ruckus - is it moe. ? Personally, I'm looking at moe as a great opportunity to get a prime spot in the jam room for that night. :D I've tried listening to moe a number of times including BC a couple years ago and they just don't do it for me. (please don't kill me Rex).;)

not THE reason but A reason for sure, this headliner fell strongly into the CON column when I was making my decision. Their music just doesn't do it for me at ALL... and to be honest, the worst crowd experiences I've had in the last 15 years was with the moe crowd at a Railroad Earth/moe double bill -> didn't leave me with warm fuzzies for the band or fans.

Tai wrote:
If they added Leslie E in some form or fashion, would that change anyone's mind? That's one addition I'm really holding out for... :DANCE: ;)

this would help but still not seal the deal fer this gal.... would probably also take adding 7 Walkers AND Bandalabra to get me on the boat, and I don't see that happening.

7 in a row is a lot of years to devote most of my vacation time & money to... not quite sure what I'll do instead next year but am leaning towards Hawaii, 10 days in NOLA for Jazzfest, or a trip to Croatia - all very different options from each other, lol

and, of course - I reserve the right to change my mind @ JC11 at any time....!

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 1:11 pm 

Kuddles wrote:
Tai wrote:

Much love sparky! Hope that if you don't end up on JC 11, you make it back for JC 12.

Thank you! and YES - hope to be back for JC 12 :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 1:40 pm 

stASH wrote:
As far as any additions go, if they've got 80 percent of the cabins pre-booked already, I'm thinking there may not be much need for C9 to make any more big additions. It doesn't sound like they need to entice too many more people to sell the boat out.

I'm getting the impression that more than a few people that I know who prebooked are not using their tokens. So that 80% might be a bit inflated.

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 2:50 pm 

After 8 cruises we are sitting this one out too.

The lineup isn't the strongest, probably
Y weakest ever for me, but that never really mattered. Our biggest reason is being on the same boat again. And the holy ship before us, really strained the msc staff considerably last year, they seemed extremely burnt out and not as pleasant.

We wanted a new ship, and some new ports. Bahamas, ug. Not a fan of the private island trips either, where our tired staff then has to work there too.

It's time to switch it up a little, it's very expensive to be doing the same thing year after year.

And no more lauderdale please, we've worn our welcome out there too.

The grapes shall return in 2014!

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 3:08 pm 

Sparky~ wrote:
not THE reason but A reason for sure, this headliner fell strongly into the CON column when I was making my decision. Their music just doesn't do it for me at ALL... and to be honest, the worst crowd experiences I've had in the last 15 years was with the moe crowd at a Railroad Earth/moe double bill -> didn't leave me with warm fuzzies for the band or fans.
This saddens me as I am quite fond of both Sparky & moe. although, you'll never find a better crowd than on JC!

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 2:38 pm 

phorevergr8ful wrote:
This saddens me as I am quite fond of both Sparky & moe. although, you'll never find a better crowd than on JC!

I know, it's kinda strange right? b/c you... Rex... and a few good friends up here really REALLY like moe. and are GREAT peeps! so maybe I was just unlucky & surrounded by some bad apples on a off night. If the music appealed to me I would give 'em more chances but I've tried a few times & it really doesn't do it for me. As it is these days, my life is so chock full o' incredible music that I love love love -> this gal ain't got much time/$$/energy to spend on bands that don't "move" me

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 4:49 pm 

I was pre-booked, but now I am sitting out my third in a row. I concur with the same ship being a downer, but that wouldn't keep me off the boat (especially since I missed the last two sailings on it). There are some personal reasons. I don't like moe. but I do like the line-up in general. I'd love to see MSMW and either or all of those cats in the jam room. I was calling for the Breakestra for as long as I've been going, so this really pains me. Actually, all of my big wishes have by now been granted, but all of them during my absence (Breakestra, MSMW, Cornmeal, Stockholm Syndrome).

Who knows, I will try to be back for 12 and maybe they'll book Dr Lonnie Smith and Stanley Clarke for me then :mrgreen:

Bob Marley

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 10:41 pm 

Reggaeboyz wrote:
I was pre-booked, but now I am sitting out my third in a row. I concur with the same ship being a downer, but that wouldn't keep me off the boat (especially since I missed the last two sailings on it). There are some personal reasons. I don't like moe. but I do like the line-up in general. I'd love to see MSMW and either or all of those cats in the jam room. I was calling for the Breakestra for as long as I've been going, so this really pains me. Actually, all of my big wishes have by now been granted, but all of them during my absence (Breakestra, MSMW, Cornmeal, Stockholm Syndrome).

Who knows, I will try to be back for 12 and maybe they'll book Dr Lonnie Smith and Stanley Clarke for me then :mrgreen:

Felix, Magic Gravy is back on the boat!!!!!!!! It sucks seeing so many of y'all not making it. OR, are you guys giving up to early. It's May, we sail in over 7 months. Work your shit out. Just sayin'

Bob

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2012 1:23 am 

So I have yet to use my token....We sat out 2 years ago and had a splendid time on jc10 swore I would not miss again but as I read the line up I began to feel like many on the people on this thread. Am I really gonna go on the "same" vacation again? I do think some aspects are just too repetitive. Moe is a great band but more of a Co-headliner and honestly if Primus had been booked then so would we, they are touring again after all. The worst part is that I am considering another music cruise, many of my jam cruis friends went on rom bello last year for half the cost and had a blast, this year it is rumored to be in Jamuary...I feel extremely guilty about this. But I know that there is NO party like a jam cruise party and with hopes that cloud nine gives this thread a read I am sure they will think of something for jc 12 that will get these repeat offenders back on the boat.

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2012 4:07 am 

Reggaeboyz wrote:
I was pre-booked, but now I am sitting out my third in a row.

Big hugs, you will be sorely missed on the ship yet again. Hope to see you and Sarah soon!

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2012 10:25 am 

I think we might do Spain this year (I'm loving Tai & Serk's updates)
Or hopefully have a baby!

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2012 11:55 am 

JustBob wrote:
Reggaeboyz wrote:

Felix, Magic Gravy is back on the boat!!!!!!!! It sucks seeing so many of y'all not making it. OR, are you guys giving up to early. It's May, we sail in over 7 months. Work your shit out. Just sayin'

Bob

just remember Felix, mindy & i weren't going pn jc 10 until dec 1st last year... there's still charge

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 50 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next