The Jam Cruise Forum

It is currently Thu Oct 23, 2014 2:43 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Want to make your own schedule for the cruise?
PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2012 1:09 pm 

I have made an excel spreadsheet that is very user friendly if you are familiar with Excel. It has all 6 stages and all times, resembles last year's schedule with thursday and friday switched. Everyone can fill it in where they want the bands and it even has a spot to put your personal themes you would like on the days you would like them. Plus there are still some holes to fill so put in the bands you would like Cloud9 to add. Also, you get to decide who is in Jamroom and who plays the Atrium. (of course Cloud9 decides in the end)

I do not have the ability to add attachments on this site so I can email it to you or maybe I could email it to someone who does have the ability to add attachments. I had a good time filling it in and you realize how tough it can be. You also realize how good this lineup is when you are finished.

Anyway if anyone would like this for themselves let me know. Once again it is a 6 sheet excel program that looks just like what was in last years book we were given on the cruise. Hope everyone enjoys.

P.S. When you print, change it from Portrait to Landscape and print at 80 percent and you will get each sheet on its own page.

Stephen

Post subject: Re: Want to make your own schedule for the cruise?
PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2012 4:37 pm 

Cool :) :CLAP: Does it have macros to help automate scheduling, or is it all manual? (I've been meaning to write a program that does this for a couple of years now, and haven't gotten around to it - Tai is lazy).

How large is the file, I might be able to host it for you when I get home. :)

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2012 4:40 pm 

..... Wow

You do realize that planning your "Jam Cruise experience" on an Excel spreadsheet pretty much pisses on everything Jam Cruise stands for, don't you .....

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2012 4:49 pm 

? I think the idea is to create the schedule as you'd like it to be laid out because it is fun to spend time thinking about Jam Cruise rather than doing real work? Or am I missing something?

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2012 6:41 pm 

Tai wrote:
? I think the idea is to create the schedule as you'd like it to be laid out because it is fun to spend time thinking about Jam Cruise rather than doing real work? Or am I missing something?

No macros but like I said very easy. After I wrote it, only took me about thirty minutes to fill it in. Hellbuoy, I have no problem with you not liking something I do, all good. Like Tai, and many others I am sure, all I think about is the cruise, at least since driving back from Ft. Lauderdale last year. No disrespect meant to anyone.

Tai if you want to host it be my guest, when you get back let me know your email address and I will send it over to you. If you want to enable macros be my guest, I am not sure how to do it.

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2012 2:12 am 

HELLBU0Y wrote:
..... Wow

You do realize that planning your "Jam Cruise experience" on an Excel spreadsheet pretty much pisses on everything Jam Cruise stands for, don't you .....

He's back!!! :lol:

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2012 9:06 am 

OliveSS - sweet! awesome! thank you! I will request a copy when we get back (if my hubby Tai doesn't get it first) :DANCE:

My dear sweet HB, bite me :mrgreen: I guess I've been "pissing on everything that Jam Cruise stands for" since I first got on board. Glad they still let me on! You *have* seen my personal schedule from past years, haven't you? In case not, last year's is HERE as an example: :D some of us need guidelines ya know ;)

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2012 10:23 am 

OliveSS wrote:
If you want to enable macros be my guest, I am not sure how to do it.

I'll think it over, a sheet to group bands by music genre, and some rule sets to avoid scheduling all the same genre at the same time, and band members that are in multiple bands, and other considerations and a big green GO button might be quite doable. Then again, excel macros are all in VB, so yuck =P

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2012 10:26 am 

phorevergr8ful wrote:
HELLBU0Y wrote:
..... Wow

He's back!!! :lol:

we've missed him!

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2012 10:30 am 

serk wrote:
OliveSS - sweet! awesome! thank you! I will request a copy when we get back (if my hubby Tai doesn't get it first) :DANCE:

My dear sweet HB, bite me :mrgreen: I guess I've been "pissing on everything that Jam Cruise stands for" since I first got on board. Glad they still let me on! You *have* seen my personal schedule from past years, haven't you? In case not, last year's is HERE as an example: :D some of us need guidelines ya know ;)

@ HB, Serk plans every minute, what we'd like to know is how much of what she planned b4 the boat, she sticks to? cause da boat has a way of making you go here & there

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2012 12:09 pm 

Tai wrote:
OliveSS wrote:
If you want to enable macros be my guest, I am not sure how to do it.

I'll think it over, a sheet to group bands by music genre, and some rule sets to avoid scheduling all the same genre at the same time, and band members that are in multiple bands, and other considerations and a big green GO button might be quite doable. Then again, excel macros are all in VB, so yuck =P

Every year I make a schedule. Not as elaborate as Serk's of course, but still a schedule. I have yet to follow it :D. It is kind of fun making it up though. Just to listen through Bruce's cheat sheet and figure out what you can't miss. This way you can run around in a constant FOMS panic from November to Jamuary! :lol:

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2012 12:41 pm 

Serk is great,,,she plans just about every minute, even bathroom breaks :wink:

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2012 2:46 pm 

Every year I should make a schedule, but instead I spend half the cruise looking at the schedule in a haze due to FOMS :lol:

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2012 5:30 pm 

my first four years on board I hit between 70-80% of my planned schedule. Last year (my cruise #5) I hit about 20% of my plan :oops: :lol:

I like making plans and I like having guidelines, but I also LOVE those "holy crap I can't leave this jam!" moments (days?) :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2012 8:17 am 

[quote="serk"]my first four years on board I hit between 70-80% of my planned schedule. Last year (my cruise #5) I hit about 20% of my plan :oops: :lol:

^^^^we know this is true, cause we enjoyed hanging w/ ya a bunch last year & at 1st we thought we wouldn't see too much{cause we studied your planned schedule looking for hang time with you & didn't see much overlap} so good job not following the plan!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!