The Jam Cruise Forum

It is currently Mon Sep 01, 2014 9:50 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: 1 color theme 4 JC11
PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2012 1:43 am 

LIRR wrote:
serk wrote:
I really don't see any "one color" theme as being versatile enough to work well, other than green that we did, or blue/blues... but that's just my opinion of course. The other red/purple/etc primary and secondary colors seem too bland/focused/not open to multiple interpretations of the word/color, IMHO.

I think a blue/blues theme night would be awesome though, if we have a band or two that will play some good blues to go with it!

I feel that "green" was the most successful theme night jam cruise has ever done

i think any color can/will work just as good as green did

i can't think of any theme that works better then 1 color,,,it leaves costume open to so many ideas,,,it makes it easy to costume [which gets the non-costume wearing cruisers to join in the fun!

i think if jam cruise stuck w/ a 3rd theme night and kept it 1 color, that this night would be the most looked forward to costume night

1 color, no matter the color, opens the door to sooooooooooooooooooooo many costume ideas its crazy

it seems like a no-brainner to this cruiser, make a theme night thats so easy, just about everyone will join in

with
1 color you take it as far as you want,,,but i guess my mind different

How about just a "color" theme... and we can then leave it up to interpretation of the individual with ALL the colors as individuals prefer as a palate..."as long as it's colorFULL" should be the theme.... and whatever color(s) they might want to represent for themselves...without it having to be a specific interpretation of what one specific "color"... at least we are waaaaaaay past a Michael Jackson tribute at this point... black or white...zebra... yeah,.... we are waaaaaaay past... let's take a load off Annie, and fight for the right to .... JAMCRUISE!!!! ... or we should leave that kind of thinking to the expert paid proffessionals... they do good jobs... let's let em... or not... whatev.... :NINJA:

-audioColorFullCloud9s

p.s. Welcome Back HB!

"Ya'll are the funkiest mutha's in the universe." - Bootsy Collins (in the Pantheon Theater)

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2012 11:46 am 

audionaut wrote:
LIRR wrote:
serk wrote:
I really don't see any "one color" theme as being versatile enough to work well, other than green that we did, or blue/blues... but that's just my opinion of course. The other red/purple/etc primary and secondary colors seem too bland/focused/not open to multiple interpretations of the word/color, IMHO.

I think a blue/blues theme night would be awesome though, if we have a band or two that will play some good blues to go with it!

I feel that "green" was the most successful theme night jam cruise has ever done

i think any color can/will work just as good as green did

i can't think of any theme that works better then 1 color,,,it leaves costume open to so many ideas,,,it makes it easy to costume [which gets the non-costume wearing cruisers to join in the fun!

i think if jam cruise stuck w/ a 3rd theme night and kept it 1 color, that this night would be the most looked forward to costume night

1 color, no matter the color, opens the door to sooooooooooooooooooooo many costume ideas its crazy

it seems like a no-brainner to this cruiser, make a theme night thats so easy, just about everyone will join in

with
1 color you take it as far as you want,,,but i guess my mind different

How about just a "color" theme... and we can then leave it up to interpretation of the individual with ALL the colors as individuals prefer as a palate..."as long as it's colorFULL" should be the theme.... and whatever color(s) they might want to represent for themselves...without it having to be a specific interpretation of what one specific "color"... at least we are waaaaaaay past a Michael Jackson tribute at this point... black or white...zebra... yeah,.... we are waaaaaaay past... let's take a load off Annie, and fight for the right to .... JAMCRUISE!!!! ... or we should leave that kind of thinking to the expert paid proffessionals... they do good jobs... let's let em... or not... whatev.... :NINJA:

-audioColorFullCloud9s

p.s. Welcome Back HB!

we think a sea of "1" color is the way to go,,,then each year JC can pick a new color
if we did just color then we put all our eggs in 1 basket

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2012 12:32 pm 

I see Serk's point in that "going green" can be more than just a color of a shirt (See Ananada's costume for example)

Blue works since it's a word with more than one meaning, but I don't see it being a continued theme year over year.

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2012 6:05 pm 

Paul wrote:
i vote neon yellow. it would be super easy with reflective clothes and tape

:CLAP: :DANCE: :CLAP: :DANCE: :CLAP: you can't go wrong with neon.