The Jam Cruise Forum

It is currently Wed Apr 23, 2014 5:37 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Holy Ship 2013?
PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2012 2:19 pm 

So.... Holy Ship 2013 announcement isn't until May 21st

MSC Poesia 2013 calendar shows a 7-day cruise leaving from Pt Everglades on Jan 12th... but no dates on the calendar before that

=> can't help but wonder if Holy Ship will again be scheduled for right before Jam Cruise.... and think it's interesting/disappointing that we won't know this before it's time to book our cabins. I *really* wasn't happy with how dirty the ship was and how tired the crew already was when we boarded the boat!! And feel we deserve better than that....

Anyone know something I don't to help ease my mind on this?

Post subject: Re: Holy Ship 2013?
PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2012 2:42 pm 

Sparky~ wrote:
and think it's interesting/disappointing that we won't know this before it's time to book our cabins. I *really* wasn't happy with how dirty the ship was and how tired the crew already was when we boarded the boat!! And feel we deserve better than that....

Are you saying if Holy Ship is right before JamCruise you are not going on JC?

Bob

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2012 2:47 pm 

JustBob wrote:
Sparky~ wrote:
and think it's interesting/disappointing that we won't know this before it's time to book our cabins. I *really* wasn't happy with how dirty the ship was and how tired the crew already was when we boarded the boat!! And feel we deserve better than that....

Are you saying if Holy Ship is right before JamCruise you are not going on JC?

Bob

No. But I am saying that for a year when I'm currently on the fence about going, this would be one more check mark in the "con" column when I am making my decision....

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2012 2:59 pm 

If this is what would keep you off the boat you might not be having as much fun as the rest of us each year. I understand the complant. Just like I understand the complant about the food. I don't think either should keep anyone off the boat.

Bob

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2012 3:14 pm 

JustBob wrote:
If this is what would keep you off the boat you might not be having as much fun as the rest of us each year. I understand the complant. Just like I understand the complant about the food. I don't think either should keep anyone off the boat.

Bob

Some years are easier decisions for me to go than others. This year appears to be the hardest yet. I would never make a decision like this based solely on something like the food... or the scheduling of Holy Ship. Nor do all the pros and cons carry the same weight (and maybe this is what you are trying to get at?)

But! I am making a list of the pros and cons and will use that list to help make my decision. This is how I am. And for me - Holy Ship being scheduled right before Jam Cruise is a con. It really did impact my experience in a negative way last year, but that was MY experience and will be used to help make MY decision.

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2012 3:47 pm 

I am thinking Holy Ship will be before Jam Cruise, Jan 4-7. The last 7 day cruise for the Poesia is Dec 28 so its due back in Jan 3.

Linda

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2012 4:15 pm 

wellalright wrote:
I am thinking Holy Ship will be before Jam Cruise, Jan 4-7. The last 7 day cruise for the Poesia is Dec 28 so its due back in Jan 3.

Linda

good detective work there -> thanks! silly me didn't think to start looking at the end of 2011....

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2012 12:18 pm 

And the 4th to the 7th it is... :shock:

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2012 12:25 pm 

This does not enhance my anticipation of Jam Cruise. :(

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2012 12:35 pm 

its like having the afterparty before the show :WALL:

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2012 12:58 pm 

not surprised but disappointed nonetheless

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2012 1:09 pm 

That sucks,I really think they should have JC take the prime slot,kind of like the booking process,the more you go,the better your place in line. This feels like we've been pushed to the back of the line!!!!!!!

This does not enhance my anticipation of Jam Cruise.

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2012 1:50 pm 

totally agree. I AM surprised/disappointed that Cloud 9 did not value our feedback on this enough to schedule JC first.

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2012 3:16 pm 

Jeez people, we have the prime slot! We're getting a weekend before and a weekend after JC. For people with jobs this one is critical. Winning!
How can you argue that we should sacrifice the best time slot just to make sure we get on before HS? This makes no sense. Work with the problem. If the ship is dirty, clean it. If HS cruisers are a**holes, send them to Cpn Buzzkill for a good talking to. Or ban bad apples. Whatever. But to say that we rather go back to having a miserable scheduling right on top of New Years where we have to sacrifice vacation days just for traveling is ludicrous. Look at what we got for JC10. An amazing lineup. Much improved food. Much better timing. The ship is always a disorganized mess and the crew is always useless so nothing there is new and nothing will change based on when we sail.
C9, I trust that by now you are well aware of the problems after HS this year. I'm sure you and MSC have already worked out a plan for how we avoid repeating the bad post-HS experience next year, right? C9, please comment so we can lay this one to rest.

PS: I wonder what passengers on the cruise following JC think about us? :P

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2012 5:06 pm 

odman wrote:
Jeez people, we have the prime slot! We're getting a weekend before and a weekend after JC. For people with jobs this one is critical. Winning!
How can you argue that we should sacrifice the best time slot just to make sure we get on before HS? This makes no sense. Work with the problem. If the ship is dirty, clean it. If HS cruisers are a**holes, send them to Cpn Buzzkill for a good talking to. Or ban bad apples. Whatever. But to say that we rather go back to having a miserable scheduling right on top of New Years where we have to sacrifice vacation days just for traveling is ludicrous. Look at what we got for JC10. An amazing lineup. Much improved food. Much better timing. The ship is always a disorganized mess and the crew is always useless so nothing there is new and nothing will change based on when we sail.
C9, I trust that by now you are well aware of the problems after HS this year. I'm sure you and MSC have already worked out a plan for how we avoid repeating the bad post-HS experience next year, right? C9, please comment so we can lay this one to rest.

PS: I wonder what passengers on the cruise following JC think about us? :P

I'm entitled to voice my opinion & disappointment, especially since this was a factor in keeping me off the boat next year. Deciding to skip after 7 years in a row was not an easy or insignificant decision for this gal!!