The Jam Cruise Forum

It is currently Wed Oct 22, 2014 8:18 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Holy Ship 2013?
PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2012 6:36 pm 

The ship is always a disorganized mess and the crew is always useless so nothing there is new and nothing will change based on when we sail. Good point.,Odman. What I'd really like to see is to move HS to a totally different time frame,say fall,so we don't get leftovers who aren't really in tune with Jam Cruise,and only go because the scheduling is right. Nothing like being around people who aren't really into our party (like the guy who would not STFU near me during Marco's atrium set)

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2012 4:27 am 

odman wrote:
PS: I wonder what passengers on the cruise following JC think about us? :P

Luckily most other cruises' passengers don't show up first thing in the morning like we do or they'd see the shape we're in when we leave. :lol:

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2012 7:54 am 

It really didn't have an impact last year on my enjoyment level, not a bit in fact. But it's pretty tough on the crew, who I have always thought was great in accommodating us. Maybe they might just need some extra smiles from us!! And they love $2 bill tips!!

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2012 8:30 am 

we felt the boat was the same,,,,other then the staff,,,this past yr was the 1st time in 9yrs dat we felt the msc staff slacked,,hallways had dirty plates in it for hrs & hrs, we hardly seen the staff cleaning the handrails, heck my toilet paper wasn't folded once!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i blame the holy shippers for burning out the msc staff!

we know that there are some disrespectful jam cruisers, just like we know like there are some super respectful holy shipers,,,,,its just the masses dat we are talking about

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2012 11:48 am 

LIRR wrote:
heck my toilet paper wasn't folded once!!!!!!!!!!!!!!t

Well that's shitty!

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2012 3:16 pm 

al7 wrote:
The ship is always a disorganized mess and the crew is always useless so nothing there is new and nothing will change based on when we sail. Good point.,Odman. What I'd really like to see is to move HS to a totally different time frame,say fall,so we don't get leftovers who aren't really in tune with Jam Cruise,and only go because the scheduling is right. Nothing like being around people who aren't really into our party (like the guy who would not STFU near me during Marco's atrium set)

I forget the numbers, but I think it was only 14 (or less) people that did both cruises. I don't think that is a factor.

I also agree with the ship being a mess either way.

Bob

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2012 2:50 am 

I, for one, welcome our new overlords... GodBoat

They help keep our costs down and increase our buying power. Share stageing costs... etc.
I think we are the labor of love. GodBoat just takes a few flickering lamps & pomfroms - everbody's beautiful. Instead, we're totally going to be the most obnoxious bunch of not-drunk motherfuckers ever.

I am jealous of the Fancy Promotional Video:

GodBoat is a runaway success. With one problem... they thought they'd never see, people stand in line, to see the buoy king.

So I'm saying, we can all get along :D

Stay tuned for the announcement of

:mrgreen:

Explicative Affirmative

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2012 10:29 am 

odman wrote:
Jeez people, we have the prime slot! We're getting a weekend before and a weekend after JC. For people with jobs this one is critical. Winning!
How can you argue that we should sacrifice the best time slot just to make sure we get on before HS? This makes no sense. Work with the problem. If the ship is dirty, clean it. If HS cruisers are a**holes, send them to Cpn Buzzkill for a good talking to. Or ban bad apples. Whatever. But to say that we rather go back to having a miserable scheduling right on top of New Years where we have to sacrifice vacation days just for traveling is ludicrous. Look at what we got for JC10. An amazing lineup. Much improved food. Much better timing. The ship is always a disorganized mess and the crew is always useless so nothing there is new and nothing will change based on when we sail.
C9, I trust that by now you are well aware of the problems after HS this year. I'm sure you and MSC have already worked out a plan for how we avoid repeating the bad post-HS experience next year, right? C9, please comment so we can lay this one to rest.

PS: I wonder what passengers on the cruise following JC think about us? :P

Total agreement here. Having the trip sandwiched by a weekend is key.

Also, last year being my first JC, I didn't have a non-Holy Shipped ship to compare it to. I didn't think it was that bad. My room was fine. Crew seemed ok. They were certainly a bit inattentive, but not surprisingly so for a European cruise line. I'm actually all in favor of more, rather than less, utilization of the ships for themed music cruises.

And given that last year was the first Holy Ship, I'm willing to cut C9 some slack for growing pains. Hopefully they've done everything they can to address the concerns posted by people the forums and otherwise.

JC 10, JC 11, JC 12, JC 13 cabin 8182

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2012 4:41 pm 

al7 wrote:
What I'd really like to see is to move HS to a totally different time frame,say fall

Ahh yes...nothing says Caribbean cruise like hurricane season :lol:

Let's face it, the two are always going to be back to back as long as there is a Holy Ship and a Jam Cruise. C9 has to get their staff there, set up the stage/PA and then break it down afterwards. Doing all that twice would bring their costs up, which means increased cabin prices for both cruises.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2012 1:48 am 

joel wrote:
Let's face it, the two are always going to be back to back as long as there is a Holy Ship and a Jam Cruise. C9 has to get their staff there, set up the stage/PA and then break it down afterwards. Doing all that twice would bring their costs up, which means increased cabin prices for both cruises.

I did think the production was the best I have seen/heard on any jamcruise - maybe because it was pretty much dialed in before we got on board and not set up as we were loading.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2012 1:59 am 

joel wrote:

Makes total sense... I just wanted Jam Cruise to be first.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2012 8:28 am 

the hot tubs look less grey

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2012 4:57 am 

Holy Ship is now officially sold out... As of last weekend I think...

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2012 12:07 am 

I went on jamcruise 10 this year and thought it was amazing, but since I'm a youngin' I'm tryin out HS this year, I mean shit prebooks were sold out in 5 hours back in march! I'm going to try and make some money for jamcruise too but I will definitely try and keep everything nice and tidy for y'all! Also, I'll let all my friends in the other 2 cabins we have booked to be extra nice to the crew because I did notice they were a bit worn out last year. Either way, if you HS or JC it will be a lot of fun. If anyone is anal enough about there being some extra plates in the hall then you need to probably switch festies, this is a party boat not a luxury granny cruise!

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2012 1:39 am 

The good ol Regal Empress was enough luxury for me, now we're spoiling ourselves. That said I have grown fond of MSC.