The Jam Cruise Forum

It is currently Thu Nov 27, 2014 7:45 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Scuba Diving on JC11
PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2012 10:37 am 

If anyone is interested in diving on Grand Turk, I've contacted a dive shop there (there's only 2 as far as I can tell) and am in the process of getting a boat set up. If your interested in details, send me a message or email and I send all the details. Limit is 10 at this point. :DANCE:

Post subject: Re: Scuba Diving on JC11
PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2012 5:58 pm 

I would be interested in diving at Grand Turk. I think it was JC5 when we were there the last time. It's usually a wall dive and there were a lot of interesting sand worms in the flat sandy areas! I think we went to a spot called the anchor. Bluzbil organized the last trip. We had a great time! He is still a very active member on the forum. Not sure if he is still interested in diving on JC, but he should chime in here sooner or later. I remember the hardest part was getting on an early tender to get to shore. They try to get the people off first that actually booked the excursion through them. Lets keep in touch.

Open Water, Advanced Open Water & Enriched Air

Bruce

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2012 12:29 am 

yes - we had a pretty nice dive there and had that bar/restaurant pretty much to ourselves afterwards. I remember having two boats booked and we took a cab to the dive shop. The water was a little cold and since I was diving with ZERO sleep and too much alcohol I was completely wiped out when we got back to the boat and missed about 10 hours of JamCruise. May dive but that will be a late decision after I see the schedule but do worry about getting tender tickets and getting them to all divers

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2012 12:52 am 

Here's an update if anyone is interested in Diving. Blue Island Divers has two boats available. Both hold 6 divers. One is for divers who are more experienced and can show that they have been diving within the past 18 months. $150 for two tank dives. Second boat is for any experience level and includes a scuba review before dives. Two tank dives with review $200. Both packages include tanks, weights and guide. Other equipment is separate or bring your own. First boat (experienced) is nearly full. Let me know if interested and I can give you specifics of getting a reservation.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2012 3:43 am 

bluzbill wrote:
yes - we had a pretty nice dive there and had that bar/restaurant pretty much to ourselves afterwards. I remember having two boats booked and we took a cab to the dive shop. The water was a little cold and since I was diving with ZERO sleep and too much alcohol I was completely wiped out when we got back to the boat and missed about 10 hours of JamCruise. May dive but that will be a late decision after I see the schedule but do worry about getting tender tickets and getting them to all divers

Not a diver but thought I would add regarding tender tickets that there was a pier there the last time we were in. Not sure if that's changed or if it will be occupied when we are in this time around.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 10:21 pm 

Any updates on the diving? I'm on the fence about diving this year, especially because we missed the boat last year and so I'll now be at 24 mo between dives and don't want to have to do a refresher.

But I did at least want to check into it.

Thanks for putting something together.

- Skate -

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 10:13 am 

What is the latest update on the diving? Is the experienced dive boat filled? I just pulled the trigger and I am on da boat!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 12:15 am 

I'm gonna message you as soon as I figure out how. My husband is interested in the experienced boat.

Virgin cruisers in Room #12130
I'm turning 33 on 01/09/2013!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 5:21 pm 

Myself and Josh Raskin would love to dive in Grand Turk. Please put us o the list and let us know what the situation is and what we would have to do before we get on the boat.

Thanks
Amy

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 12:38 am 

webvixen wrote:
Myself and Josh Raskin would love to dive in Grand Turk. Please put us o the list and let us know what the situation is and what we would have to do before we get on the boat.

Thanks
Amy

Hey Amy, my husband got in touch with a company there today and we can have a boat if we get two more people so PM me your info and I'll get you the details.

Virgin cruisers in Room #12130
I'm turning 33 on 01/09/2013!

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 6:23 pm 

I'd be down getting on the experienced boat, only thin is that I won't have a dive buddy.PM some details regarding pricing.
Cheers!
Dave

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 1:53 am 

The experienced boat is full. There is another dive shop on the island and some other cruisers are trying to get on it. Try contacting Grand Turk Diving at gtdiving.com. Good luck!

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 10:41 pm 

A spot has opened up on the experienced diver boat. If interested, either PM me or email me direct at eric@divesoftheworld.com.

There is only one spot.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 8:02 pm 

My buddy is gonna be on the cruise and is looking to dive at the stops. Are there anymore spots open on any of the trips?

Looking forward to jammin with all y'all next month. Gonna be a great time!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 2:49 am 

It's very late but a cruiser/diver broke his ankle yesterday and were looking for someone to be his eyes underwater so he at least enjoys that much of the cruise. Pm me if interested.