The Jam Cruise Forum

It is currently Wed Sep 17, 2014 3:41 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 53 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: Jam Room Idea
PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 6:02 pm 

hooooray

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 7:16 pm 

I think a big part of this whole thing is expectations. Early days, there were little to none because we didn't have previous experiences to chase after.

Let go of the expectations and then maybe lets see what happens.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 4:05 am 

phorevergr8ful wrote:
I think a big part of this whole thing is expectations. Early days, there were little to none because we didn't have previous experiences to chase after.

Let go of the expectations and then maybe lets see what happens.

Hmm, without expectations there would be no disappointments just like without gambling there would be no losers. I see your logic. At the same point if I didn't have expectations why would I bother spending half a fortune on JC in the first place? On the matter of electronics in the jam room I'm not sure what to expect, so in my case it was probably more an instant of curiosity gaining a victory over wisdom. Or something like that...

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2012 12:52 pm 

totally loving this 8)

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2012 10:11 am 

Holy crap! That whole project is just plain sick! It amazes me how much much effort goes into a production like that. Just goes to show.....if you do what you love.....

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2012 3:20 pm 

Electronica? Isn't that the music of yesteryear? Shouldn't you guys be talking about Dub Step?

I think the JamRoom is fine the way it is. If you want to mix in some electronica, shouldn't it be in the disco where all the people that want to hear it are already dancing? What a nightmare for many of the people on this boat. The disco with DJ's and the JamRoom full of electronica/dub step. Next you guys will want to f up the accustic jams all over the boat by trying to sit in with your laptops.

So sad.

Bob

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2012 4:09 pm 

Man for hippies you guys sometimes have really closed minds.i don't think it works in the jamroom but what would be better would be another room where some electronic improvisation would be welcomed.Most hardcore electronic music fans hate dubstep Bob,they think it ruined the scene and it's for 15 year olds.It's here to stay though and i do like some dubstep but most of the time it's nonsense.Big gigantic does some nice dubstep that's not too aggressive.

Where's Shack with his normal rant about electronic music?

Sometimes i just want to dance with some sexy ladies and electronic shows are the place to be if you want to meet some girls.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2012 5:09 pm 

thinking about making a shirt that says....

TOO MUCH DUB
not enough........ STEP

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2012 10:11 pm 

Sharon - I love that clip. I am using it (hopefully) inspire Sophia to work hard at her violin lessons. Love it!

As to the jamming of electronic musicians, I am so for it. The Sonic Bloom Orchestra was along those same lines, maybe more like an everything orchestra with electonic components, and it was the best thing I have seen for quite some time, and the best dance party I have been to for even longer. I still get chills thinking of it.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2012 2:14 am 

Imrov jamming the electronica... ooooooohhhh kaaaaaaaayyyyyyy.... house beat or how many beats per minute when the band wants to feel the vibe of the change of the beat organically .... ????? just sayin.... hope you got quick mac fingers.... and a good connection at sea... etc... 8)

"Ya'll are the funkiest mutha's in the universe." - Bootsy Collins (in the Pantheon Theater)

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2012 5:51 pm 

I think you're all full of ship! :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2012 1:33 pm 

longhairedfreak007 wrote:
Man for hippies you guys sometimes have really closed minds.i don't think it works in the jamroom but what would be better would be another room where some electronic improvisation would be welcomed.Most hardcore electronic music fans hate dubstep Bob,they think it ruined the scene and it's for 15 year olds.It's here to stay though and i do like some dubstep but most of the time it's nonsense.Big gigantic does some nice dubstep that's not too aggressive.

Where's Shack with his normal rant about electronic music?

Sometimes i just want to dance with some sexy ladies and electronic shows are the place to be if you want to meet some girls.

dubstep makes electronic music look like an asshole. we are not talking about pushing buttons. electronic music is soo much better than you give it credit...

example; bonobo live band from bear creek... not everything you hear in the commercials on tv is what we are talking about... its sad that electronic music gets stuck into one lump some as a genre. there are literally more subgenres of electronic styles thane regular i am willing to bet.

goosebumps... this is a cd that was originally written as a push of a " button" on a laptop
long haired freak... you got it right...

and certainly something like this on the deck of the boat...ooooooooooooo

Its not like we want to change the jamroom... its 5 nights of basically the same style, I could appreciate a change in there for one night... whats the worst that could happen... its actually good and they continue it every now and then if the right people get together. I don't want to turn it into some big candi rave in there. I just want to see what the other half can do given the opportunity to show what they do too

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2012 3:24 pm 

LOSTSAILORDESIGN wrote:
(snip)
Its not like we want to change the jamroom... its 5 nights of basically the same style, I could appreciate a change in there for one night... whats the worst that could happen... its actually good and they continue it every now and then if the right people get together. I don't want to turn it into some big candi rave in there. I just want to see what the other half can do given the opportunity to show what they do too

:lol: dude! I've been saying this since my first cruise, except I've always been more of an acoustic/folk/bluegrass fan. "Someone should let the acoustic musicians in the jam room for a night, melt your face in a high energy bluegrass hoedown jam!" But instead, acoustic jams just happen in other areas of the ship, unofficially. Like what has now become "The Spot" latenight when the jam room and disco are going. I say if you want this so bad, and there are enough others that want it to happen (including, especially, the musicians!) just get some of those artists to find a spot on the ship (there are many), set up, and play. I doubt anyone is going to stop you :) People will hear, and either stay or leave. If enough people stay, and talk about it, and LOVE it, Cloud9 will hear about it eventually and possibly make it official/their own idea :lol: ;)

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2012 3:51 pm 

Why does the Jamroom have to sacrifice a night? Why can't this happen in the disco?

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2012 6:11 pm 

phorevergr8ful wrote:
Why does the Jamroom have to sacrifice a night? Why can't this happen in the disco?

why does it have to be a sacrifice?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 53 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next