The Jam Cruise Forum

It is currently Fri Oct 31, 2014 4:10 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Jam Room Idea
PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2012 3:16 am 

LOSTSAILORDESIGN wrote:
phorevergr8ful wrote:
Why does the Jamroom have to sacrifice a night? Why can't this happen in the disco?

why does it have to be a sacrifice?

The Jam Room demands its sacrifice ! :lol: :lol: :lol:

I misread that I think :lol:

Explicative Affirmative

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2012 12:52 pm 

Bruce wrote:
The Jam Room demands its sacrifice ! :lol: :lol: :lol:

sshhh. :SHHH: We want the cruise virgins to believe they are safe. :twisted:

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2012 1:20 pm 

hahahahahahaaa

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2012 4:02 pm 

LOSTSAILORDESIGN wrote:
phorevergr8ful wrote:
Why does the Jamroom have to sacrifice a night? Why can't this happen in the disco?

why does it have to be a sacrifice?

How about one night in the disco they forget the turntables and let musicians bring their instruments in and see what they can do? :twisted:

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 11:21 pm 

I'm in absolute agreement with that!!

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 1:05 pm 

serk wrote:
I've been saying this since my first cruise, except I've always been more of an acoustic/folk/bluegrass fan. "Someone should let the acoustic musicians in the jam room for a night, melt your face in a high energy bluegrass hoedown jam!" But instead, acoustic jams just happen in other areas of the ship, unofficially. Like what has now become "The Spot" latenight when the jam room and disco are going. I say if you want this so bad, and there are enough others that want it to happen (including, especially, the musicians!) just get some of those artists to find a spot on the ship (there are many), set up, and play. I doubt anyone is going to stop you :) People will hear, and either stay or leave. If enough people stay, and talk about it, and LOVE it, Cloud9 will hear about it eventually and possibly make it official/their own idea :lol: ;)

I've been trying to get into "EDM" (Electronic Dance Music) for years, with some minor success. I've been educated about the sub-genres, had friends make "mix tapes" to lure me into loving the computer generated magic, and every now and then find myself tapping my feet or bouncing my head to a beat. For me, the reality is that it takes living, breathing lungs behind some brass, and the heart and soul that goes into making magic out of metal strings attached to wood, creating beats using skins and sticks and righteous muscle power to really funk me silly

I'm not spending 3K to tap my feet and bob my head. I want to dance until I'm dripping wet. I agree. Set up a guerrilla EDM party on a random area of the ship and see what the response is. I have a feeling that evolution will happen organically if it's meant to be. Otherwise, Holy Ship might be the right place for a dedicated electronic jam room.

Just my not-so-humble opinion.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 5:02 pm 

holy ship's lineup isn't that great if you're into livetronic.if they had a similar lineup as citybisco,i'd be in but it's just not really compelling.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 9:46 am 

serk wrote:
LOSTSAILORDESIGN wrote:
(snip)
Its not like we want to change the jamroom... its 5 nights of basically the same style, I could appreciate a change in there for one night... whats the worst that could happen... its actually good and they continue it every now and then if the right people get together. I don't want to turn it into some big candi rave in there. I just want to see what the other half can do given the opportunity to show what they do too

:lol: dude! I've been saying this since my first cruise, except I've always been more of an acoustic/folk/bluegrass fan. "Someone should let the acoustic musicians in the jam room for a night, melt your face in a high energy bluegrass hoedown jam!" But instead, acoustic jams just happen in other areas of the ship, unofficially. Like what has now become "The Spot" latenight when the jam room and disco are going. I say if you want this so bad, and there are enough others that want it to happen (including, especially, the musicians!) just get some of those artists to find a spot on the ship (there are many), set up, and play. I doubt anyone is going to stop you :) People will hear, and either stay or leave. If enough people stay, and talk about it, and LOVE it, Cloud9 will hear about it eventually and possibly make it official/their own idea :lol: ;)

^^^u went to bed,,,but 2 yrs ago,,it was a badass bluegrass jam in the jamroom, they owned it!!! and i dont even like bluegrass!