The Jam Cruise Forum

It is currently Sat Oct 25, 2014 4:54 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Curious... Any Jammers from Vermont out there???
PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 5:26 pm 

I am coming from Burlington, VT and I was just wondering if anyone else from the area will be on the boat?

:)
Wendy

Post subject: Re: Curious... Any Jammers from Vermont out there???
PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 6:36 pm 

Yes Wendy...there are three of us from down here in Manchester...in the past there have also been others from other parts of the state but I don't know if they will be coming this year...last year I met a professor from UVM on the boat but I don't lnow that he is on the forum...anyway...see you at he Bahia Cabana the night before or on the boat...welcome to the Jamily... :D

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 9:06 am 

i used to live in burlington 2x,,,,1997-98 & 2000-02,,,,,i worked at smokejacks, shanty on the shore, and wrote radio ads for 106.7

welcome to da boat!!! jamily for life!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 1:26 pm 

Made it through one (8 month long) Burlignton winter in 1995, then fled south. :DANCE: We sometimes visit in the summers when the weather is actually nice. ;)

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 11:53 am 

Not from Vermont (Chelmsford, MA) but my son is 3rd year at UVM and I won the cruise courtesy of Magic Hat. We are flying out of Manchester on Southwest the morning of the 6th. Shall we see anyone that morning for Bloody Mary's?

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 5:48 pm 

LIRR wrote:
i used to live in burlington 2x,,,,1997-98 & 2000-02,,,,,i worked at smokejacks, shanty on the shore, and wrote radio ads for 106.7

welcome to da boat!!! jamily for life!

LIRR that is great!! I used to frequent Smoke Jacks a lot. On of my good friends worked in the kitchen there! I have worked at all the restaurants around town. At that time I believe I was working at Carbur's and the Inn at Shelburne Farms!! And when you were here the 2nd time around I had already fled to San Francisco!! I still now go to the Shanty to sit up stairs in the little bar area to have wine and watch the sunset in the winter over the lake and Adirondacks. I love meeting people who know my city!! Looking forward to meeting you both!! I feel like I know you both since I have been reading everything on the forum and you two are so effing cute!! :CLAP:
Oh and ps... I am with you two as well and definitely want to do several sit down dinners!! Maybe we can do one together one evening??!! :D

Tai wrote:
Made it through one (8 month long) Burlignton winter in 1995, then fled south. :DANCE: We sometimes visit in the summers when the weather is actually nice. ;)

Tai I hear ya!!! Winters are hell!! Thankfully I stay pretty high so it is not so bad but I leave here all of the time and come back and get sick of it and leave again!! Summer is where it is at!! Looking forward to meeting you as well!! I have learned a lot about you through my readings on the forum as well!

sherry wrote:
Not from Vermont (Chelmsford, MA) but my son is 3rd year at UVM and I won the cruise courtesy of Magic Hat. We are flying out of Manchester on Southwest the morning of the 6th. Shall we see anyone that morning for Bloody Mary's?

Sherry love hearing that your a mom like me!! You are so lucky to have won the trip!! I tried and I know people who work and I tease them that they rigged it so I couldn't go... HA!! Now I get to meet the recipient and I am so pleased!! I will be arriving to FL around noon providing mother nature plays nice and I will MOST certainly be up for a bloody or 2...!! I look forward to meeting your son!! I work with many UVM students at the hospital and now he will have another "mother" in case you he needs anything while up here!!! :D

Oh I am sooo looking forward to this!!! I cannot believe it is only in 13 days!!

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 11:56 am 

yea new friends!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! dinner will be on us, you can order the whole menu if ya want!!!!

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 1:22 pm 

LIRR wrote:
yea new friends!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! dinner will be on us, you can order the whole menu if ya want!!!!

LMAO

It's a date! :D

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 10:35 am 

I can't wait! January 6th at 6:45 am out of Manchester on Southwest #559. The day we picked the kid up at UVM for xmas break we went to Magic Hat for a bunch of Circus Boy (can't get it in the stores around here now). No one there knew about JamCruise but my husband told them I was the winner and we walked away with a bag full of beer caps & stickers. :D

The kid is an RA in the castle dorm. Blanking on the name but he swears it's haunted. He turned 21 on 12/12/12 and was in the middle of finals but his first beer at midnight was a #9. He's been brought up proper.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 12:20 pm 

sherry...if you are talking about the dorm up on the hill in front of the hospital it is Converse...I was in that dorm in the mid sixties...maybe it's those of us from that era that are haunting it...LOL :oops:

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 12:38 pm 

I lived in Vermont from 92-96. Burlington > Colchester > East Montpelier. Loved it.
My dad lives there now, in Quechee, but only from Apr-Oct. He spends Nov-Mar in Arizona :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 2:12 pm 

HowardOD wrote:
sherry...if you are talking about the dorm up on the hill in front of the hospital it is Converse...I was in that dorm in the mid sixties...maybe it's those of us from that era that are haunting it...LOL :oops:

That's the dorm and it creeped me out when we walked in back in August. He actually had a kid on his floor so freaked out after 3 nights he begged to be transferred to another dorm and he was moved to Chitty.

He was supposed to fly out to Phoenix at 1pm today to spend the rest of break with his girlfriend but with the storm coming his flight was cancelled this morning. United is grounding all flights and he won't get out until 12/28. Hope that doesn't happen to us!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 2:34 pm 

i think i would rather live in a haunted dorm then a chitty one

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 1:17 pm 

I know a few others from Vermont that will be on the boat (from Sugarbush area).. Don't think they are on the forum though.

I live in Tyngsboro, MA right next to Chelmsford... and I own some property in Roxbury VT.

Cheers

Chi

A freak among freaks ....