The Jam Cruise Forum

It is currently Mon Jul 28, 2014 2:20 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 111 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next
 Post subject: Re: Cabin location
PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 3:35 pm 

You're not paying for a balcony, just a sliding glass door. :SNOOTY:

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 3:53 pm 

Did anyone else notice the little blurb in the cabin descriptions that says EVERY CABIN HAS ITS OWN COFFEE/TEA MAKER?!?!?! :CLAP: :CLAP: :CLAP: :DANCE: :DANCE: :DANCE: I am happy :D regardless of cabin choice, for the first time I wont have to bring my own! You know what that means... more room to pack costumes and decorations :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 6:26 pm 

I love all the details so many of you pick up on! Me, I lose focus after the dates and lineup and have to remind myself there's a cabin I pay for. :lol:

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 8:26 pm 

Tai wrote:
a quick check through the decks seems to indicate all the cat 6's have those small balconies. it all makes sense now. :P

damn
guess that means I'm gonna have to upgrade to a cat 7, I usually was perfectly happy w/the cheapest balcony but apparently not on this boat...!

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2013 3:14 am 

Sparky~ wrote:
damn
guess that means I'm gonna have to upgrade to a cat 7, I usually was perfectly happy w/the cheapest balcony but apparently not on this boat...!

Does this mean the return of Sparky~??? :PRAY:

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2013 6:14 am 

phorevergr8ful wrote:
Sparky~ wrote:
damn

Does this mean the return of Sparky~??? :PRAY:

maybe

probably gonna book a room for now, & then figure it out/finalize decision later. Jazz Fest is a big distraction, I'm like "Jam what?!"

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2013 7:11 pm 

It seems like the cabins with the tiny "balconies" on the back of 13 were called Cat 5 ocean view at one point, which makes me think the Cat 6 cabins on the sides will have something more like a real balcony. Has anyone been able to find that out for sure? If so, I think we're going for a Cat 6 on deck 12 for Master Camp.

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2013 9:20 pm 

I agree with
jeanniehh wrote:
It seems like the cabins with the tiny "balconies" on the back of 13 were called Cat 5 ocean view at one point, which makes me think the Cat 6 cabins on the sides will have something more like a real balcony. Has anyone been able to find that out for sure? If so, I think we're going for a Cat 6 on deck 12 for Master Camp.

I wonder the same thing. If you look at the deck plan the category 6 aft balconies on 13 are significantly smaller than the category 6 side balconies. I would imagine the side balconies might still be fairly small but would be enough room to sit comfortably at least.

If anyone finds out these specifics let us know. I might try to talk to Cloud 9 and/or MSC on Monday if I think of it.

Peace,
Steph

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2013 9:50 pm 

Cloud 9 mentioned that they were not going to sell out all the cabins to keep the number of people onboard down. Does anyone have any idea which rooms have been blocked off? We were wondering if they have a deck that isn't being used or whether certain rooms are off. We hate to decide on a room and then be told while we are booking that that particular room is not being sold.

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 1:28 am 

I would venture to say that all cabins will be available but there will be less quads offered. I just can't see them leaving cabins empty.

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 2:22 am 

PinkPigg wrote:
I agree with
jeanniehh wrote:

I wonder the same thing. If you look at the deck plan the category 6 aft balconies on 13 are significantly smaller than the category 6 side balconies. I would imagine the side balconies might still be fairly small but would be enough room to sit comfortably at least.

If anyone finds out these specifics let us know. I might try to talk to Cloud 9 and/or MSC on Monday if I think of it.

Peace,
Steph

please keep us posted if you talk to anyone at C9 or MSC, I will be traveling on Monday & probably won't be able to inquire on this. I find the info about Cat 6 balconies to be very confusing... my concern is that the price is the same for CAT 6 regardless of the floor, this makes me wary b/c usually the price increased a bit for standard balcony rooms each 1-2 floors you went higher on the ship - just like with the large balcony rooms.

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 9:00 am 

I think you are both correct; breaking out the trusty eyeball ruler, those back balconies are about half the depth of the side ones - ie, one should actually be able to sit in the chairs. :CLAP:

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 12:26 pm 

SchmaddaKid wrote:
Cloud 9 mentioned that they were not going to sell out all the cabins to keep the number of people onboard down. Does anyone have any idea which rooms have been blocked off? We were wondering if they have a deck that isn't being used or whether certain rooms are off. We hate to decide on a room and then be told while we are booking that that particular room is not being sold.

where did they mentioned that? I must have missed that.

Would like more info on number of empty cabins / blocked off sections......

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 12:38 pm 

gorilla wrote:
SchmaddaKid wrote:

where did they mentioned that? I must have missed that.

Would like more info on number of empty cabins / blocked off sections......

From the email Cloud 9 sent on March 21 when they announced the new ship.... "How fitting that we get to embrace the MSC DIVINA as she makes her first voyage to the Caribbean for us to rejoice in the music we love! Yes, she can hold more passengers, but we will limit the capacity to maintain the intimacy that you have come to cherish. We are a family, you know. We are listening. We are ONE! "

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 12:50 pm 

After copious research we have some answers:

Leandro talked to cust svc at MSC. They said ALL cat 6 balconies are 34 sq ft. Leandro and I estimate that a room is roughly 8.25 ft wide. This calculation is based on a full bed length of 75" plus 24" inches of walking room around the bed. If the cabin/balcony are 8.25 wide then the balcony would be a little over 4ft deep. This should be bigger than the tiny tiny balcony shown in the photo on this thread. It might even be big enough to sit in a chair with some degree of comfort.

I called Cloud 9. They have gotten many inquiries regarding this issue and have discussed it with MSC. Cloud 9 said that all Cat 6 balconies are smaller than the standard balconies on the Poesia and that nine of the Cat 6 balconies are exceptionally small. So I took a look at how many aft balconies are on 13. Drum roll please....NINE!!!

Conclusions: Most Cat 6 balconies are 34 sq ft and are approximately 8.25 ft wide by 4 ft deep. The Cat 6 balconies on 13 are even smaller and are really not even enough room to sit comfortably on.

Of course I can't make any assurances but at least hopefully this provides you guys with some decent info.

Peace,
Steph

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 111 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next