The Jam Cruise Forum

It is currently Sun Dec 21, 2014 7:13 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 111 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 8  Next
 Post subject: Re: Cabin location
PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 2:19 pm 

PinkPigg wrote:
After copious research we have some answers:

Leandro talked to cust svc at MSC. They said ALL cat 6 balconies are 34 sq ft. Leandro and I estimate that a room is roughly 8.25 ft wide. This calculation is based on a full bed length of 75" plus 24" inches of walking room around the bed. If the cabin/balcony are 8.25 wide then the balcony would be a little over 4ft deep. This should be bigger than the tiny tiny balcony shown in the photo on this thread. It might even be big enough to sit in a chair with some degree of comfort.

I called Cloud 9. They have gotten many inquiries regarding this issue and have discussed it with MSC. Cloud 9 said that all Cat 6 balconies are smaller than the standard balconies on the Poesia and that nine of the Cat 6 balconies are exceptionally small. So I took a look at how many aft balconies are on 13. Drum roll please....NINE!!!

Conclusions: Most Cat 6 balconies are 34 sq ft and are approximately 8.25 ft wide by 4 ft deep. The Cat 6 balconies on 13 are even smaller and are really not even enough room to sit comfortably on.

Of course I can't make any assurances but at least hopefully this provides you guys with some decent info.

Peace,
Steph

THANK YOU!!! This is great info, I'm gonna go for CAT 7 or higher... I definitely want to be able to hang out on my balcony!

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 3:32 pm 

PinkPigg wrote:
After copious research we have some answers:

Leandro talked to cust svc at MSC. They said ALL cat 6 balconies are 34 sq ft. Leandro and I estimate that a room is roughly 8.25 ft wide. This calculation is based on a full bed length of 75" plus 24" inches of walking room around the bed. If the cabin/balcony are 8.25 wide then the balcony would be a little over 4ft deep. This should be bigger than the tiny tiny balcony shown in the photo on this thread. It might even be big enough to sit in a chair with some degree of comfort.

I called Cloud 9. They have gotten many inquiries regarding this issue and have discussed it with MSC. Cloud 9 said that all Cat 6 balconies are smaller than the standard balconies on the Poesia and that nine of the Cat 6 balconies are exceptionally small. So I took a look at how many aft balconies are on 13. Drum roll please....NINE!!!

Conclusions: Most Cat 6 balconies are 34 sq ft and are approximately 8.25 ft wide by 4 ft deep. The Cat 6 balconies on 13 are even smaller and are really not even enough room to sit comfortably on.

Of course I can't make any assurances but at least hopefully this provides you guys with some decent info.

Peace,
Steph

Thanks so much for posting this info.

Now to decide whether to get a balcony room or not. We've done 2 JC's and a lot (8+) of Royal Caribbean cruises and always have had a balcony. I'm thinking it's not as necessary for JC, since we spend so little time chilling in the room anyway, that an interior may be ok. Anyone have any thoughts?

JC 10, JC 11, JC 12, JC 13 cabin 8182

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 4:09 pm 

We've done both. Interior is FINE for Jam Cruise. Some would even say better since it can stay pitch black until noon/music starts.

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 4:49 pm 

They have balconies on Jam Cruise?

Bob Marley

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 5:51 pm 

On any other cruise than Jam Cruise I love a balcony but on Jam Cruise the interior rooms are fine and dark for daytime sleeping!!

Linda

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 11:09 pm 

Okay. We have decided to go to deck 13 due to it's proximity to food and the hot tub. I think the pool deck is going to be on 14 at the aqua park built onto the mickey mouse ears looking job and that pool will be covered for a dance floor. maybe they won't be able to crane it in exactly the same way as before, but it seems like the most logical place to go. it's got the wraparound mez just like on our previous boats. So I am shooting for room #13130. It's close to the stairs/lift and has the corner wall that will be fun to decorate and make it easy for me to find my room. I wanted to be near people that I know and love, but I think that I'll find some of those people anywhere I go. We book tomorrow at 4. I'll keep you guys posted. And my $.02 about the empty cabin situation; I don't think there will be empty cabins. I think there will be a LOT of doubles.

I love you all. No matter where we are on the boat we are together.

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 12:50 am 

SchmaddaKid wrote:
gorilla wrote:
SchmaddaKid wrote:
Cloud 9 mentioned that they were not going to sell out all the cabins to keep the number of people onboard down. Does anyone have any idea which rooms have been blocked off? We were wondering if they have a deck that isn't being used or whether certain rooms are off. We hate to decide on a room and then be told while we are booking that that particular room is not being sold.

where did they mentioned that? I must have missed that.

Would like more info on number of empty cabins / blocked off sections......

From the email Cloud 9 sent on March 21 when they announced the new ship.... "How fitting that we get to embrace the MSC DIVINA as she makes her first voyage to the Caribbean for us to rejoice in the music we love! Yes, she can hold more passengers, but we will limit the capacity to maintain the intimacy that you have come to cherish. We are a family, you know. We are listening. We are ONE! "

If you look at the number of quads offered its much smaller. They are selling more cabins as only doubles or triples which will reduce total passengers. I did my part and booked a quad as a double.

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 7:10 am 

Hillary wrote:
Okay. We have decided to go to deck 13 due to it's proximity to food and the hot tub. I think the pool deck is going to be on 14 at the aqua park built onto the mickey mouse ears looking job and that pool will be covered for a dance floor. maybe they won't be able to crane it in exactly the same way as before, but it seems like the most logical place to go. it's got the wraparound mez just like on our previous boats. So I am shooting for room #13130. It's close to the stairs/lift and has the corner wall that will be fun to decorate and make it easy for me to find my room. I wanted to be near people that I know and love, but I think that I'll find some of those people anywhere I go. We book tomorrow at 4. I'll keep you guys posted. And my $.02 about the empty cabin situation; I don't think there will be empty cabins. I think there will be a LOT of doubles.

I love you all. No matter where we are on the boat we are together.

That's exactly the cabin I was going to go for. And it looks like more than one other person is looking at it too, in the FB groups. Which means I wont get it by the time I get to book. Hopefully there will be a cat6 on 13, NOT aft, still free when I get to pick. Or maybe I'll just decide on different floor today, so I dont get disappointed my first choice was gone :)

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 11:08 am 

I found a pretty good close up shot of the front of the boat on the cruisecritic forum. It looks like the balconies at the front of deck 9 and the very front of deck 10 are steel encased. In case anyone was thinking of that area, check out this thread and there is a picture.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1781896

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 11:17 am 

phorevergr8ful wrote:
I did my part and booked a quad as a double.

What cabin did you get?

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 11:47 am 

8209 :DANCE: :DANCE: :DANCE:

DCizzle and I once again!

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 12:21 pm 

phorevergr8ful wrote:
8209 :DANCE: :DANCE: :DANCE:

DCizzle and I once again!

Nice! I'll scratch that one off my list. hopefully we'll be neighbors again. ill know again soon

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 1:22 pm 

Cat 12 balcony deck 13 even side towards the back. Booked

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 2:52 pm 

Looks like CAT 6 balconies are only available to book on decks 11 & 13, none of the CAT 6 rooms on decks 9, 10 or 12 are coming up in the list of available inventory -> maybe for artists and/or staff?

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 3:08 pm 

I was looking at the category 7 balcony triples, I think two beds and a couch would make for a more spacious layout. It's also the back of the 8th floor where our old hood was!!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 111 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 8  Next