The Jam Cruise Forum

It is currently Sun Apr 20, 2014 4:24 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 111 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
 Post subject: Re: Cabin location
PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 3:11 pm 

We have the awesomest of the awesome cabins: 8275! Back corner balcony at the end of El Ocho!
Party House!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 3:29 pm 

8197 and paid in full!!

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 3:30 pm 

Sparky~ wrote:
Looks like CAT 6 balconies are only available to book on decks 11 & 13, none of the CAT 6 rooms on decks 9, 10 or 12 are coming up in the list of available inventory -> maybe for artists and/or staff?

They're telling music camp people that they *should* but don't have to book rooms on 12... perhaps they're not letting the rest of us book there :( I've heard from 3 or 4 people now that most cabins on 9 are not showing up, but dunno why that would be.

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 3:35 pm 

serk wrote:

They're telling music camp people that they *should* but don't have to book rooms on 12... perhaps they're not letting the rest of us book there :( I've heard from 3 or 4 people now that most cabins on 9 are not showing up, but dunno why that would be.

ahhhh.. that might be why. when you log on there is a "reservation category" of master camp that maybe brings up different inventory of rooms that the other selections in the same room cat?

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 3:43 pm 

I totally missed that master camp was separate. Interesting.

Linda

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 4:28 pm 

We booked cabin 12179 as part of Master Camp- it looks like they had that hallway sectioned off but the Cat 6's on the other side of 12 are available

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 4:48 pm 

Also keep in mind that the vast majority of the cabins are doubles, so if you're looking for a triple or quad, you won't see many options. I was disappointed to find that the only Cat 1 quads were deep down in the belly of the ship on 5. All of the Cat 1 cabins on 8 and 9 are doubles.

Having to go the budget route this year. Managed a Cat2 quad on 9 near the front elevators. 9047. Bringing two starry-eyed virgins to this misadventure of misfits!!

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 5:22 pm 

evenstar wrote:
Cat 12 balcony deck 13 even side towards the back. Booked

There goes the neighborhood! :DOH:

odman wrote:
We have the awesomest of the awesome cabins: 8275! Back corner balcony at the end of El Ocho!
Party House!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well done!!!

Paul wrote:
8197 and paid in full!!

NICE!!!

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 5:30 pm 

I think I read that if you want a quad or triple in a room designated as a double, you can call them to see if that's possible

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 5:37 pm 

jeanniehh wrote:
I think I read that if you want a quad or triple in a room designated as a double, you can call them to see if that's possible

ya, I think they're allowing that in some cases if it's a cabin with a pull-out sofa and the extra person or people are willing to bunk there.

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 6:39 pm 

stASH wrote:
Also keep in mind that the vast majority of the cabins are doubles, so if you're looking for a triple or quad, you won't see many options. I was disappointed to find that the only Cat 1 quads were deep down in the belly of the ship on 5. All of the Cat 1 cabins on 8 and 9 are doubles.

I just saw this last night. This will be the first year I can remember that my cabin won't have bunks. We never fold them down, but they are always there. Someone always hits their head on one of them even folded up :) Drunks.

As for empty cabins, no chance. Like other people have talked about they will have more doubles, but I'm sure cabins are being used in a much different way. I'm sure they are putting bands in a lot of the cabins. JC11 had March 4th in 5 quads. I bet this year they have 10 doubles. C9 staff that would be in quads and trips might be in doubles. Spread out the bands and staff if you have the space.

Bob

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 9:49 pm 

WTH is "music camp" and "master camp"?

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 8:38 am 

odman wrote:

Do you just never look at the website? :) Hope to see you soon!!! :DANCE:

http://www.jamcruise.com/masterscamp

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 9:41 am 

Tai wrote:
odman wrote:

Do you just never look at the website? :) Hope to see you soon!!! :DANCE:

http://www.jamcruise.com/masterscamp

:lol: it is one of the three cruises on this ship at the same time! :lol: we've been split into campers, yacht club VIPs, and just-plain-cruisers :D

I really don't understand how the camp thing is gonna work, but near as I can tell people like Victor Wooten will be camp instructors and have nothing to do with our normal cruise. They aren't on OUR lineup, they're only listed as instructors. I hope they do come out to play with us of course, and I think it's likely those that want to come play will come play... but I see no indication in the cruise or camp descriptions that we regular cruisers will see them at all, so who knows.

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 10:47 am 

i went on the web and read the stuff about music camp and it seems pretty cool... classes and seminars during the day and then some performances and jam sessions. So yes, there will be some stuff that the folks in music camp see that we do not get to see... with vic wooten and luther and cody and butch trucks and kofi and col. bruce all as teachers, it will be pretty coool. perhaps it also gives some insight to the "special secret show" But I don't think it is dividing us as much as it is giving people an opportunity to bring an instrument, learn from a legend and perhaps have a chance to shine as a musician.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 111 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next