The Jam Cruise Forum

It is currently Thu Apr 17, 2014 5:59 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Virgin Jamcruiser
PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2013 9:06 am 

1st timer here. VERY EXCITED! Chased the Dead for many years, went to the Sunsplash in Mo Bay in '88, love the live music scene. I do have a few questions. Do the shows "sell out?" I've been dyin'to see Galactic for many years and would hate to miss the show. Does teh music last all night. At The Sunsplash, I have very fond memories of music from 6pm til 11 am the next day. Days don't get much better than waking up to Gregory Isaacs & Sly & Robbie! How many shows run at once and can you move from show to show? Many more questions but I'll just start with these few. Thanks in advance.
max 8)

Post subject: Re: Virgin Jamcruiser
PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2013 9:30 am 

maxcady wrote:
1st timer here. VERY EXCITED! Chased the Dead for many years, went to the Sunsplash in Mo Bay in '88, love the live music scene. I do have a few questions. Do the shows "sell out?" I've been dyin'to see Galactic for many years and would hate to miss the show. Does teh music last all night. At The Sunsplash, I have very fond memories of music from 6pm til 11 am the next day. Days don't get much better than waking up to Gregory Isaacs & Sly & Robbie! How many shows run at once and can you move from show to show? Many more questions but I'll just start with these few. Thanks in advance.
max 8)

My wife and I will be embarking on our 5th JC in a row and we have yet to miss a show because of crowd capacity. There are other shows going on throughout the ship in several venues. Galactic will have a pool deck set and then they usually close out the Theater on the final night. I have seen the Jam Room go until Sunrise more than once so yeah, the music does last all night! Welcome aboard! Jam Cruise is a life changing experience!

PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2013 10:21 am 

Welcome to the Best time you will have!!!.

As for moving between different shows on the ship it is very easy and you are never more than 2 min from more music. Well it usually takes about 10 as you always stop and talk to your 3,000 closest friends :shock:

On days at sea the music starts at 11am and the jam room until 5-6 ish the next day with the disco closing at 6. Then head up to the pool deck and you just might find Zach Deputy sitting on the pool deck with a guitar giving an impromptu show for 15 people.

Don't worry you will find enough music and fun :D :D :D :D

PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2013 10:47 am 

There are links to past years' schedules in the FAQ Thread, to give you an idea of the number of venues, set overlaps, and how late/early things run. Here's last year's schedule. We are on a new ship this year though, so the venues will be different.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2013 10:50 am 

oh ya and there are no 'tickets' and you can move among and between shows and all around the ship as much as you want whenever you want. You could even watch Galatic's pool deck set from a hot tub :D Prepare to be blown away, and love every second of it :DANCE: welcome aboard!

PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2013 10:53 am 

TY to all - can't wait!!!! 8)

PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2013 6:17 am 

How Strict are they on smoking weed? I'm Medical and can't do the whole trip without!

PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2013 9:26 am 

Regarding Medical :
Jam Cruise web site wrote:
HEALTH CONSIDERATIONS/PREGNANCY POLICY

Persons who have a physical or mental disability or a medical condition must notify Jam Cruise 12, LLC IN WRITING AT THE TIME RESERVATION IS MADE. This information may be forwarded to MSC Cruise Lines to the ship's doctor for review. Failure to provide such information prior to sailing may require Jam Cruise 12, LLC to cancel your reservation with you suffering the appropriate cancellation penalty. If sufficient time is NOT provided to make adequate determination of medical conditions or requirements, Jam Cruise 12, LLC and MSC Cruises reserve the right to revoke or refuse passage to anyone who may, in the sole judgment of MSC Cruise Lines, require treatment, care or attention beyond that which the ship's facility can provide or whose mental or physical condition may make them incapable of a cruise voyage with you suffering the appropriate cancellation penalties.

Passengers wishing special diets or facing physical disabilities must notify Jam Cruise 12, LLC in writing of such requests at least 45 days prior to sailing. Please be advised that guests who are 24 weeks or more into their pregnancy at the time of the voyage will not be permitted to sail because of the risk of premature labor.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 8:07 pm 

Karl wrote:
How Strict are they on smoking weed? I'm Medical and can't do the whole trip without!
You may live somewhere where it's legal, however, it's not legal in Florida. To get on the boat, you go through customs/security, just like at the airport. Also, this is a public forum. You should consider that when you type things.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2013 1:23 am 

stASH wrote:
Karl wrote:
You may live somewhere where it's legal, however, it's not legal in Florida. To get on the boat, you go through customs/security, just like at the airport. Also, this is a public forum. You should consider that when you type things.

How strict are they on smoking on the Boat? Do many people do it openly? Not saying I'm smuggling anything...

Just a question that will make my decision on this.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2013 7:37 am 

THIS....Also, this is a public forum. You should consider that when you type things. Find someone who has been on the boat at a show, I see someone I know from the boat at every show I go to.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2013 8:49 am 

Karl wrote:
stASH wrote:
Karl wrote:

How strict are they on smoking on the Boat? Do many people do it openly? Not saying I'm smuggling anything...

Just a question that will make my decision on this.

If this is the question that will make your decision, then you should stay off my ship! :P We're here for the MUSIC and the jamily/family and the tropical sunshine and Caribbean waters and fun activities and the theme night dress up parties and the LOVE. If, while experiencing all of these amazing things your thoughts are focused on 'can I light up a joint' or 'this sucks but would be awesome if I could smoke' then you should not be on this ship. IMHO. YMMV. How many times do people have to say 'this is a public forum' ? Don't ask don't tell is the policy here. If you feel you MUST have an answer then find someone who has been on the cruise and ask them personally :roll: I dont mean to rant, but really I am just offended that this would be a decision point for someone. If you are concerned about this for a truly medical reason, then please see the part of the T&Cs that I posted previously regarding Medical conditions and talk to C9 about it.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2013 9:25 am 

Thank you Serk! :CLAP: I couldn't have said it better.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2013 9:54 am 

jedster wrote:
Thank you Serk! :CLAP: I couldn't have said it better.

Ditto!

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2013 10:54 am 

SERK rules!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! please listen to her!!!!!!!!!!!! STAY OFF OUR SHIP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! If you can't understand how/what to post in a public forum {EVEN after being told}, i'm guessing you don't know how to act in a public place!