The Jam Cruise Forum

It is currently Thu Apr 17, 2014 8:23 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Masters Camp email
PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 4:29 pm 

Greetings Masters Camp at Sea Voyager,

Masters Camp at Sea on Jam Cruise 12 is right around the corner, and we're committed to making sure you have the time of your life with Victor, Butch, Luther, Cody, Col. Bruce and Kofi!

Below, please find the MCAS Questionnaire and take a few minutes to complete it by Friday, November 29th. This will help us ensure that your experience is as enjoyable and beneficial as possible.

MCAS PARTICIPANT QUESTIONNAIRE (link not active in this post) :NAUGHTY:

One of the many perks that comes with participating in the full program of Masters Camp at Sea is your Non-Participant, or 'Plus-One’ bonus registration. Because your Plus-One is transferable, you could take a friend one day and another friend the next! With the purchase of a complete MCAS package, you will receive (1) Non-Participant Laminate good for the following:
Expedited Boarding through artist and staff gate
1. Meet and Greet Cocktail hour with sponsored beer bar
2. Access to complimentary beer at Music Masters Camp at Sea sponsored Happy Hours
3. Access to all MCAS performances
4. Audience access to Artist Hosted Improv. Ensembles
*Please Note: There will be no replacement laminates distributed for any lost or stolen Plus-One Laminates. Your plus one laminate is the sole responsibility of the MCAS Voyager once received at registration.

Check out the Masters Camp at Sea schedule and be sure to let us know if you have any questions. http://jamcruise.com/mc-workshops

Looking forward to a great week at sea!

Many Thanks,
Amy, Aileen and the Masters Camp at Sea Team

Post subject: Re: Masters Camp email
PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2013 10:40 am 

Glad they put out the questionnaire. I get the feeling that Full Moon, like JC, is listening to us.. I wrote to them asking if the guest pass will be transferrable because I know a few people who'd like to check out a session but not the whole week. They made it happen!

Now to ask about a few other things:
- Hoping they will have some guest artist appearances at camp. I can imagine that some of the other artists on the boat would be curious and might be persuaded to come out for a class. I can imagine Wooten wanting to use Nick Daniels and Tony Hall as a great example of two basses playing together in complementary fashion. Two different tones, playing in each others' spaces.. pretty awesome, right?

- I am also hoping that there will be an opportunity to showcase some of the creative work that comes out of the week-long camp. Having worked as a part of Rock Camp 4 Girls and other music camps, it is always the performance at the end of the week that drives us and helps us manage our time. I know that this camp is different and classes are voluntary, but it might be great to show other cruisers what has come from our week of instruction. Is the All-Star showcase just featuring our instructors or will there be room to showcase campers' efforts as well?

- Finally, I would love to get to know some of the other campers before getting on the boat. Please reply to any of the Masters Camp threads and let us know who you are and what you're about. It will be interesting to find out what levels of experience and musical interests we have. We could even start composing material for JC12 =)

I'll start: my name is Kirsten, I'm a professional bass player, singer and multi-instrumentalist, but music is now mostly my hobby as I am a full-time teacher. I love the funk and I love to jam.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2013 1:51 pm 

I agree with Knirsten. I also want to see a bass-off between Wooten and Les. Sorry I couldn't do masters camp. Besides I believe funk should be legal for recreational use.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2013 2:09 pm 

odman you can be my + 1 when you want to have a look

PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2013 3:05 pm 

collins wrote:
odman you can be my + 1 when you want to have a look

Appreciate that man! I'll make sure your glass has contents of your choice in return!

PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2013 4:24 pm 

"Finally, I would love to get to know some of the other campers before getting on the boat. Please reply to any of the Masters Camp threads and let us know who you are and what you're about. It will be interesting to find out what levels of experience and musical interests we have. We could even start composing material for JC12 =) "

My name is Jason and my wife is Marni. This will be our first Jam Cruise. We do not play any instruments at all :) I'm a social worker and live in NJ. Cheers!

PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2013 4:43 pm 

Hi I'm Sharon. I raise sheep. And I've been playing guitar off an on for 33 years now. I think I answered most of the stuff you're asking in the other thread here: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=14954

me wrote:
YEAH!!! I'm signed up and SO excited about this program! Not sure if I'm going to bring a guitar or not, as I worry about flying with it. My goal for the program is a very vague "learn something new" which I have no doubt will be accomplished :D I adore the work of every one of the instructors, so I would love to spend my days hearing their stories, and their music, and their stories about music, and... you get the idea. I have horribly crippling stage fright and never (rarely) actually play anything in front of other people, so I wont be participating in open jams if they happen :oops: but I sure do want to hear the instructors and other students jam, and soak up more musical knowledge and inspiration!

... OK and maybe a slide lesson from Luther ♥ yeah, that's what I want out of this, it would be the icing on the awesome (if I could stop being nervous and tongue tied and starstruck long enough to focus on the lesson)!

Of course, I wrote that three months ago :lol: and I haven't responded to the survey yet, and I don't know if I'll put that last part about slide lessons from Luther because I really *would* be starstruck and unable to focus on a lesson from him. I'd be worried about what he thinks of me and would obsess and stress about it for days/weeks prior... yeah, I'm not doing that :lol: entirely my own failings I know, but at least I know when and how I suck ;) I am super excited about this program and think it is going to be everything I wanted it to be!

PostPosted: Sun Dec 22, 2013 7:30 pm 

Hi Jason and Marni, hi Serk,

It's good to hear that you'll be enrolled in Masters' Camp. I'm looking forward to meeting you. I did meet Serk briefly on JC9, but it will be nice to get to know you better.

I am curious how many cruisers will be part of masters' camp... they mentioned earlier that there is a cutoff at 100ppl. I wonder if they'll have the maximum or if will be nice & cozy with a smaller number.

I will leave you with this:

And the full version here:

See you in 13 days!

PostPosted: Sun Dec 22, 2013 9:30 pm 

krs10 wrote:
Hi Jason and Marni, hi Serk,

It's good to hear that you'll be enrolled in Masters' Camp. I'm looking forward to meeting you. I did meet Serk briefly on JC9, but it will be nice to get to know you better.

I am curious how many cruisers will be part of masters' camp... they mentioned earlier that there is a cutoff at 100ppl. I wonder if they'll have the maximum or if will be nice & cozy with a smaller number.

I will leave you with this:

And the full version here:

See you in 13 days!

Have you read Victor's book? The Music Lesson? Good stuff 8)

PostPosted: Tue Dec 24, 2013 1:25 pm 

I have a copy for the plane ride. =)