The Jam Cruise Forum

It is currently Wed Apr 16, 2014 12:14 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: From twitter
PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2013 1:55 pm 

The Jam Cruise crystal ball says: Even more fun announcements coming your way soon!

Post subject: Re: From twitter
PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2013 2:04 pm 

(crystal) balls!

PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2013 3:40 pm 

Late Night Chefs!!! YUM!

PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2013 4:21 pm 

More Activities Annouced:

Wheel of FORTUNE COOKIE!
Hosted by Jon Fishman & Col. Bruce Hampton, featuring the New Mastersounds as House Band & Lighting by Chris Kuroda
Are you ready to solve the puzzle? You may think you can master the traditional game, but contestants are in for some hilarious surprises in Jam Cruise's Wheel of FORTUNE COOKIE! Spin the wheel and crack open a fortune cookie to see what the Colonel and Fishman have in store - you may be in for a challenge of wit, skill, or pure luck as you attempt to win the chance to call out a letter. First contestant to solve the puzzle WINS! Contestants will be chosen from the audience - stand out from the crowd to enhance your chance!

Brews at Sea Fest
Presented by Draft Magazine
Jam Cruise's very own beer festival on board out floating music paradise. We are happy to welcome Draft Magazine on board to host this event. Specialty (and complimentary!) offerings by Magic Hat Brewing Company, SweetWater Brewing Company, Lagunitas Brewing Company, Breckenridge Brewery, NOLA Brewing, Bell's Brewery, New Belgium Brewing Company, Woodchuck Cider, and Dunedin Brewery will be available on the pool deck on Tuesday, January 7 (Day at Sea) beginning at 2:45 PM.

Dead Heads Pickin' Party
Keller Williams, Anders Beck and Paul Hoffman of Greensky Bluegrass, Allie Kral, and members of the Infamous Stringdusters
Don't miss this incredible opportunity to play alongside your favorite musicians - bring your own pickin' strings and some fast-paced fancy fingering to this annual bash. This year's theme combines The Grateful Dead with the Talking Heads... we know you won't want to miss this shindig!

Jam Cruise Wedding
Officiated/Sung by Jans Ingber
Celebrate your plus 1 - forge your friendships forever at our Jam Cruise wedding and share in everlasting awesomeness as Jans sings his own gloried version of the ceremony.

MarchFourth Acrobatics Workshop
Your chance to learn from the pros about fusing music with performance. This activity is not for the faint of heart - come prepared to get involved as MarchFourth first teaches and then hands over the reins to cruisers in this fun-filled acrobatics workshop!

Door Decorating Contest
Judged by Orgone
Bring your funkiest decor and turn your door into a work of art! Creativity is key - Orgone will be dancing down the halls looking for the most creative and funkified space. Orgone will announce the winner during their final set and will present an autographed JC 12 poster! Group participation is encouraged, but only 1 prize will be given. Be sure to use non-permanent decor!

PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2013 6:41 pm 

monmouth18 wrote:
Dead Heads Pickin' Party
Keller Williams, Anders Beck and Paul Hoffman of Greensky Bluegrass, Allie Kral, and members of the Infamous Stringdusters
Don't miss this incredible opportunity to play alongside your favorite musicians - bring your own pickin' strings and some fast-paced fancy fingering to this annual bash. This year's theme combines The Grateful Dead with the Talking Heads... we know you won't want to miss this shindig!

See what I highlighted there? I didn't notice that last part until Tai pointed it out to me. I assumed the 'dead heads' in the title was simply a grateful dead fan reference, not a double meaning :) I always look forward to the picking party, this should be a fun one!

Please oh please let the Talking Heads portion of the program be more than Naïve Melody cover(s) thankyouverymuch :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2013 9:42 pm 

serk wrote:

Please oh please let the Talking Heads portion of the program be more than Naïve Melody cover(s) thankyouverymuch :lol:

amen

good god amen

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 6:47 am 

This Pickin' Party makes me happy :D :CLAP: :DANCE: :D :CLAP: :DANCE: !!!! Now I just hope it isn't another conflict to worry about, though I can't think of anything that would take me away from this feet stomping awesomeness!

Also, :CLAP: :CLAP: for the late night buffets.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 10:33 am 

notkuroda wrote:
serk wrote:

amen

good god amen

thirded. Grateful Dead and banjo is right up my alley though... woot! :)

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 10:38 am 

I love that the buffet's are late night. Might be the best time to feed the most people!