The Jam Cruise Forum

It is currently Thu Apr 24, 2014 5:39 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Cloud 9 Poker Tournaments
PostPosted: Sun Dec 01, 2013 1:22 pm 

Cloud 9, thanks for the awesome poker tournament on JC this year. My wife and I both made the final table, and my wife placed. We had a great time!
Your tournament has some room for improvement. Specifically, I think the tournament would be immeasurably better if you could manage to get a real dealer at each table. I know it might not be easy to rustle up a dozen legit poker dealers on the high seas, but it would improve your tournament.
There was a lot of turmoil at the tables because some people did not know how to deal, but based on tournament rules they had to try. Some people did not know how to do the side-pots. Some tables were going slow slow slow, and other tables were super fast blitzkrieg poker. A lot of differences from one table to the next, which could have been fixed with some real dealers.
Maybe you could do it in stages? Have 2 or 3 different sets of tournaments where people advance to the main tournament? That could make it easier to have a dealer at all tables.
Also, yall should schedule the tournament earlier. Last year I missed a good portion of moe. It was really tough to try and stay in the tournament knowing I was causing myself to miss moe. Yall should try and not have the tournament conflict with headliners. 

One last thing, sadly I am not doing JC this year…. But…. I am doing Paradise Waits! That being said, is there any chance we can get a poker tournament at Paradise Waits? I don’t know thing one about Mexican gambling law. But…. if at all possible…. Lets gets a paradise waits poker tournament put together!

Thanks for everything cloud 9!
:CLAP: