The Jam Cruise Forum

It is currently Thu Apr 17, 2014 8:39 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Jammin in Jamaica with Everyone Orchestra TICKETS
PostPosted: Sat Dec 07, 2013 12:12 am 

Larry and I have always loved the Positive Legacy excursions and will be there! Met some really great folks on these excursions! Hoping to talk Christopher into going too, but this will be his first Jam Cruise so have to see what he wants to do.

Linda

PostPosted: Tue Dec 17, 2013 12:44 pm 

Here is the Facebook Event page: https://www.facebook.com/events/666115766761503/?ref=5

We would love to have you all join us, it's going to be really special. The kids of Jamaica are so grateful as are we for your support!

Here is the lineup // Members of: ALO, The New Mastersounds, The Revivalists, March Fourth Marching Band, Steve Kimock, Kofi Burbridge, Allie Kral, Anders Beck and Paul Hoffman will be joined by Jamaican artists The Wailers, Chokey Taylor, DYCR, Kidus-I and in a Di Yard Band, DJ Big Head and such, The Heptones, King Yellow Man, Love Truly, Medical and Alex Marley.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 17, 2013 12:54 pm 

wellalright wrote:
Larry and I have always loved the Positive Legacy excursions and will be there! Met some really great folks on these excursions! Hoping to talk Christopher into going too, but this will be his first Jam Cruise so have to see what he wants to do.

Linda

actually, I think we're supposed to tell him what to do and he's supposed to do it. I'd be happy to take that job if you want quality time with your son :twisted:

PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2013 2:27 am 

Bought my ticket yesterday -> sooooo excited for this!!!

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2013 1:04 pm 

notkuroda wrote:
wellalright wrote:

Linda

actually, I think we're supposed to tell him what to do and he's supposed to do it. I'd be happy to take that job if you want quality time with your son :twisted:

A little birdy told my that Christopher signed up for the excursion. :CLAP:

I can't tell if you mean quality time with her son, or if you meant quality time without her son. Going to be a fun job regardless. :)

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2013 1:18 pm 

I meant that Linda can play loving mom and I'll bitch at him for her :twisted:

Honestly, bringing one of my kids on Jamcruise would be amazing. Kinda doubt it's gonna happen tho...

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2013 5:40 pm 

Christopher is going to have a blast on the boat and on this excursion. I am just going to sit back and smile and try not to remind him how many times I told him to get on the boat!!

Linda

PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2013 9:32 am 

wellalright wrote:
Christopher is going to have a blast on the boat and on this excursion. I am just going to sit back and smile and try not to remind him how many times I told him to get on the boat!!

Linda

haha.... i got you covered there.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 31, 2013 12:32 pm 

Just got our tickets today. Looking forward to this!

JC 10, JC 11, JC 12, Pre-booked for JC 13

PostPosted: Tue Dec 31, 2013 1:49 pm 

We are all set as well....looks like a great group!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 01, 2014 3:28 am 

I am in!
Now to figure out how to wake up, or just stay up;)

PostPosted: Wed Jan 01, 2014 4:05 pm 

is there any fee to see Warren Haynes at the other stop?

PostPosted: Wed Jan 01, 2014 4:19 pm 

odman wrote:
is there any fee to see Warren Haynes at the other stop?

Nope. The Positive Legacy is a charitable fundraising event. The Warren Haynes show is a scheduled performance, just off ship.

JC 10, JC 11, JC 12, Pre-booked for JC 13

PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2014 8:49 am 

For those of you who joined us for Jammin in Jamaica, I'm sure you are aware that things didn't go exactly as planned. Positive Legacy takes great pride in the work we do, therefore when an event doesn't meet its full potential, we take it extremely personally. When we promote an event and a specific experience to our guests, and the event turns out to be something other than promised, we are aware that it reflects poorly on our organization and shakes the confidence of our supporters.

My team worked literally for months on the logistics and every event detail with our Jamaican contact – a partner with whom we had previously worked with great success. As such, we had every reason to believe the day would be the magical experience promised to you. It was absolutely mind blowing for us to arrive only to discover that our partner was completely unprepared. And, although the rain was beyond our control, it only made a bad situation worse.

Despite the challenges with our Jamaican partner, Positive Legacy takes full responsibility for our guests’ experience and the faith that you put in us. For those who left early or were met with disappointment, we offer our sincerest apologies and would like to offer you a refund. To receive a refund please contact me directly at peaceinme2@gmail.com.

While the day included many challenges, there are quite a few positive things to report as well:

• 35 girls from Granville Place of Safety participated in Dr. Bob’s SoundSchool and had an amazing musical experience. Granville serves young women 8 to 18, who have experienced abuse, abandonment and/or neglect. (Please note that pictures of the girls should NOT be posted to social media for their safety!)
• Two pallets of clothes, school supplies and personal care items were delivered to the girls that day
• Many of the girls helped LEBO to paint the mural at the stadium – which will serve as a gift to the community for years to come
• 32 Jam Cruise artists and a number of Jamaican artists jammed together, lightened our spirits and got many of us to boogie down.
• In addition to the $5,000 grant Positive Legacy already provided to the Astor Black Music & Art Institute, the event revenue will allow us to make an additional $3,800 donation for the recording studio there – a project our team will monitor closely and continue to provide consultation on to assure its ultimate success
The Granville director also shared that it was a really wonderful experience for the girls since they seldom get the chance to leave the facility where they live. Thanks to each of you for helping to make that happen!

For those of you who stayed for the music, you know that the event ended on a very positive note indeed. Our heartfelt appreciation goes out to Matt Butler for his superb coordination and to all of the artists that participated in the Everyone Orchestra in Jamaica. There is nothing like the healing power of music to bring people together and to infuse joy into our hearts.

Finally, I want to give you our commitment that this was a learning experience for us and will ensure that something like this will not happen again. We take great pride in knowing that we have produced many beautiful and successful events in the past, and we are committed to producing more meaningful and impactful events in the future.

We hope you won’t lose faith in us and will join us again in the future. Don’t hesitate to contact me if you would like a refund or would like to share any comments or suggestions.

Staying positive,

Ann Kenworthy
President of the Board
Positive Legacy
peaceinme2@gmail.com
916-996-8478

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2014 12:04 pm 

I had a fantastic time on this trip, and I think anyone who wants a refund of a DONATION is lame :D

I have a great little video snip of some of the girls singing with the Moog foundation toys, sorry to hear I can't post it! I also have a clip of the soccer game that some cruisers joined in.

It was slow starting - presumably due to things not being set up before we got there? - but I thought the food and the music and the kids were great! I heard there was a beer issue at one point but as a non-beer-drinker this didn't bother me at all :lol: Nothing you can do about the weather - and I like dancing in the rain :) Thank you for another wonderful Positive Legacy outing, and for all that you do!