The Jam Cruise Forum

It is currently Sat Oct 25, 2014 12:24 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: WTF Games
PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2013 1:27 pm 

I'm confused. According to the latest schedule that just popped up in my inbox, the WTF Games are being held during the first day at Sea.

Does that mean that costumes are to be worn during the day? The schedule then goes on to say "Tonight's Theme: WTF Games."

Post subject: Re: WTF Games
PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2013 1:29 pm 

ltj359 wrote:
I'm confused. According to the latest schedule that just popped up in my inbox, the WTF Games are being held during the first day at Sea.

Does that mean that costumes are to be worn during the day? The schedule then goes on to say "Tonight's Theme: WTF Games."

not to confuse you any further but i don't think there's ever an inappropriate time for costumes on the boat ;)

i am curious though what others are doing for this theme? i still need to come up with an idea...

Jamcruise 6: Bellini 10132

PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2013 3:13 pm 

Agreed. Tricky theme. My wife is stumped but really wants to dress up like a figure skater. I pulled together a slightly retro Seattle Supersonics uniform. wristbands, chuck taylors et al. I'm so pumped I think my head is going to explode.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2013 3:25 pm 

ltj359 wrote:

Activities are almost all during the daytime every cruise, aren't they? And when costume 'nights' fall on days at sea people tend to dress in costume all day, no? I think the blue day was like that last year... Dunno, this seems normal/per usual to me - though not intuitively worded, I agree :)

PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2013 5:34 pm 

Someone gave me a shirt that says Team Weed in shiny green letters. Ladies size small. Free to the highest bidder.

ANd I think that Serk is right...the whole idea is to get the theme going all day. It sort of helps me with my too many teams problem. There just may be time for costume changes.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2013 6:31 pm 

I already had a Jackie Moon (Semi Pro) warm-up costume, but added the uniform with the tank top, tube socks and SHORT shorts to use during the warmer daytime hours. And the Colorado crewe has shirts made every year, so we can always use them.
A few of us who are becoming Repeat Offenders this year have considered wearing golf outfits for the party (ya know, b/c it takes "FORE!" cruises to qualify as a Repeat Offender) - and it turns out the Repeat Offender party is the same day as the WTFunk Games...

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2013 10:47 am 

witchdoctor wrote:
..... becoming Repeat Offenders this year ..... - and it turns out the Repeat Offender party is the same day as the WTFunk Games...
Me Too!! :DANCE: :DANCE:

Going to miss the closing ceramonies :(

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2013 5:10 pm 

Me too! Fore! Four! Yeah!!!

PostPosted: Sun Dec 22, 2013 12:16 pm 

what i really like about the "1 color" theme,,,,is that during the day its easy to dress in costume-ish, then switch to a full on costume at night