The Jam Cruise Forum

It is currently Sat Nov 01, 2014 3:46 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 97 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next
 Post subject: Suggestions for next year
PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2014 3:57 pm 

I liked the new boat. I really liked the new port, best enter/exit ever. Everything went pretty much perfect the whole week. I really can only think of three small things.

-Keep the photo booth open till at least 5am or whenever the jamroom ends. 3am was way too early. Id settle for at least 4am.

-same idea with the guest chefs. they should run until one hour after the main pool deck set. Thats when everybody needs to eat. I pretty much missed them all. Although i will say that i really loved the buffet food this year. The mixed veg curry was sooo good.

-open the infinity pool bar at sunrise instead of the normal pool deck bar. Thats a way cooler place to hang out in the mornings but with no open bar there is no chance of people gathering there

Post subject: Re: Suggestions for next year
PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2014 4:06 pm 

Can the guest chefs be dinner time food instead of late-night food?

PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2014 4:43 pm 

Agree with Paul -- absolutely LOVED Port of Miami. May we never return to Ft. Lauderdale. I also loved the B stage. That's a keeper. Really saved our legs and kept the flow of music up better. Loved the waterslide!

I completely missed the chefs. Having them there when the pool deck ends for an energy boost before we head to the jam room and/or disco would be better.

Not sure there is a way to fix this, but I really missed having the chance to get a breath of fresh air in the disco. There is no easy egress anymore and ice cold champagne only cools for so long. Could there be signs to point to one or could the disco be relocated?

PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2014 4:59 pm 

Paul wrote:
-open the infinity pool bar at sunrise instead of the normal pool deck bar. Thats a way cooler place to hang out in the mornings but with no open bar there is no chance of people gathering there

This for sure, that back deck is *perfect* for the post music/pre sleep/play through period if the bar were open.

It would also be a good idea to pipe the music from the main stage back there during the day instead of the canned stuff.

lailatronica wrote:
Not sure there is a way to fix this, but I really missed having the chance to get a breath of fresh air in the disco.

Would be nice to crank up the AC in both the disco and B&W areas - they were sweltering.

Also, please make announcements when you cancel sets.

Looking at that list I don't really have a lot to complain about, yippee! :CLAP:

PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2014 5:24 pm 

Tai wrote:
Would be nice to crank up the AC in both the disco and B&W areas - they were sweltering.

I would hope/guess that they keep them cranked up all way the whole time. I think they just wont make a cruise ship with 5X the AC capacity for 2 cruises a year. extra portable AC's in the venues seems like it might be asking too much. Althouth a fan or two, or maybe a 'cool off station' wouldnt be a bad idea. it was also super hot and muggy outside four of the nights this year. the small venues didnt really have a chance

PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2014 6:17 pm 

a couple of fans would do it sure. :D

PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2014 7:39 pm 

Can we try and only pick ports where the boat docks and we walk off ?

I know we avoided all the tender boats this year by bringing Warren on board, but as a general rule, the tender boats are terrible. The ride is always nauseating and the time it wastes, mostly on the way back waiting in line for tender boats. This might be an impossible request, but just wanted to put it out there.

ManzellaPhotography.com

PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2014 8:29 pm 

Let's expand on the good:
- I absolutely loved the solar stage/pool deck stage set up. The Karl D>Revivalists>Dumptsaphunk sets were seamless and kept me completely captivated for hours. More of that kind of scheduling please.
- Guest Chef Nights. The choices were awesome and obviously made with more enthusiasm than the standard MSC food.
- Atrium Sets. It really could be more than just one hour per day. The artists obviously love playing these sets too. Why not have an afternoon set around 5pm and an evening set around 8pm? These sets are quickly becoming my favorite moments on the boat. And the atrium was absolutely my favorite area on the boat.

And my hopes for improvement:
- Venue changes and set cancellations were very unclear. To walk to the pool deck only to discover that the set I was hoping to catch was moved to the opposite end of the universe, so to speak, was a bit frustrating. Having the Masters Camp Allstars set cancelled for no apparent reason was a big bummer. It was the only time they were going to play for the masses and I was really looking forward to that set.
- While the pizza was tasty and fresh this year and the stews and pastas hold up nicely for hours on the buffet line, it is close to impossible to eat in a clean, balanced, plant-based way on the boat. I can't be the only person with vegetarian/healthy eating habits. Yes, I found the carrots and roasted zucchini nice, but the salad bar was very, very basic and the salad dressings were NASTY. By the third day, I was eating pizza and pasta, but I was really hoping for more lean, green, clean food options. I feel really bad for people who are super conscious about what they put in their body.

Thank you Cloud 9 for another awesome ride.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2014 9:27 am 

Paul wrote:
I liked the new boat. I really liked the new port, best enter/exit ever. Everything went pretty much perfect the whole week. I really -open the infinity pool bar at sunrise instead of the normal pool deck bar. Thats a way cooler place to hang out in the mornings but with no open bar there is no chance of people gathering there

just keep that one open all week. best bar on the boat. :NINJA:

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2014 10:49 am 

Tai wrote:
a couple of fans would do it sure. :D

this

getting sweated out of the jamroom isn't fun

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2014 11:04 am 

Only suggestions is if they can configure the pool deck better. Very difficult to move in and out of the main area and I saw a lot of people go down trying to climb the wall. Other than that great time!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2014 11:13 am 

I'm definitely down for expanded restaurant hours. If I ever get my wife on this boat(please please please), the buffet isn't optional for her.

I also miss the urinals where you can look at the ocean while you pee

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2014 11:47 am 

notkuroda wrote:
I also miss the urinals where you can look at the ocean while you pee

I agree

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2014 2:04 pm 

Wait, the food was actually good this year and I missed it? :WALL:

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2014 2:18 pm 

Comments and Suggestions for Next Year:
  • I was concerned the larger ship and more people would degrade the intimacy of the smaller ships, but was wrong. Things never seemed overly crowded.
  • Food was much better this year, both in the dining room and in the buffet. The meal we had the first night in the dining room was excellent. I didn't check out the late night chefs, but heard that was very good as well.
  • Merch room was still a disorganized mess on the first night. Need a little more thought/planning/setup here.
  • Need to do something about the Black & White Lounge ventilation. On the floor it got way too hot. It was easily 20 degrees cooler in the back of the lounge by the seats. If you're not careful, it could easily create a dangerous situation with overheating and dehydration there.
  • I agree with the suggestion for more atrium sets.
  • The bars need to have more blenders available. All the bars I went to only had one blender, and with the number of BBCs that get made, one blender per bar doesn't cut it.
  • Loved the placement of the Magic Hat stage and the seamless shifts in acts from one to the other.
  • Bring back the brewers discussion and tasting that was done on JC 11. I really enjoyed that.
  • Like the fact that security seemed more laid back this trip. I don't recall seeing any redshirts telling people to get off the bench or the wall this year.

All in all, best Jam Cruise I've been a part of. Each year does keep getting better.

JC 10, JC 11, JC 12, JC 13 cabin 8182

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 97 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next