The Jam Cruise Forum

It is currently Thu Jul 31, 2014 1:33 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Paradise Waits
PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2013 10:51 pm 

That sounds like a PR person doing damage control. I've spent a couple years in mexico, and my family has developed real estate in mexico. All construction will grind to a halt starting about..... now..... until sometime after the 1st of the year. In mexico they don't stick to regimented work schedules like in the united states. For better or worse everything in many industries, especially construction, stops or near stops around all major Christian holidays.
I'll take the 50 reviews from unbiased customers over one response from a PR person.

"Heaven nightclub, Bar & Lounge we expect these venues to be ready somewhere between the 1st quarter of the year in 2014"
which means this is will definitely be closed.

I read a hundred issues brought up in those reviews that this PR person doesn't even attempt to address

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2013 10:58 pm 

review from today:

As of Nov/2013, there are about 50% total completed. The Heaven/couples side has alot to go. The Hacienda side is much closer to completion about 85%.
Dont expect a full AI experience. I guess they have AT LEAST 6 months of work, if not longer. If you can wait to go there, wait 1 year.
During our stay they were overbooked, and not many Presidentials ready for use. Many people upset over not receiving the rooms they had booked including Presidential Suites.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2013 9:40 am 

i think my room is on the heaven side. i think thats where you supposed to have a view of the stage. LOL i had made it my whole life never even walking into a hard rock franchise. get we'll see when we get there.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 14, 2013 12:29 am 

I think it's going to be perfectly fine. Awesome music and people, cold cocktails in my hand, my toes in the warm sand, a soft place to sleep and sunshine above all happening in PARADISE...

I found this post on this forum today: http://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g1 ... nsula.html:

73. Re: Hard Rock Riviera Maya Grand Opening
Dec 12, 2013, 6:07 PM

I just returned. Stayed 12-4 to12-8 on the Heaven side. The lagoons on the adult side are finished with sand beach areas, very nice lounge chairs some with cushions, the hot tub at the end is up and running and there is a bar, maybe 2 that are very accommodating to guests. They are working constantly and finished more work in the 5 days that we were there than they ever do in my area.

No need to worry about the things that haven't happened and even if there are any snafu's, we have no control over it, and it all becomes part of the ride. Assuming it's going to be a mess is pure conjecture at this point and needless stress. I'm just packing my patient pants along with my party pants and hoping that they play all of my favorite songs.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2014 10:32 pm 

conjecture over, sounds bad. i get there tomorrow. but i'll be outside most of the time anyhow so who cares what the rooms look like.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2014 9:24 am 

lol was not bad, at least for me. everything went great! check in was a little screwed up but mine wasn't as bad as some others. rooms were great. shows were fantastic. thanks cloud 9 and Bobby, Phil, John, Joe and Jeff.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2014 12:30 pm 

so, was that the last time furthur will play together?

time will tell.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2014 2:42 pm 

Limited merchandise items from Paradise Waits are now on-sale at http://www.paradisewaitsstore.com/

Keep in mind that these items are print-to-order and will not ship immediately. The Pre-Order period is from Jan. 31 - Feb. 14. No orders will be accepted after Feb. 14 and orders will ship out approximately Feb. 24.