The Jam Cruise Forum

It is currently Sat Nov 22, 2014 12:42 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: So, NO Divina next year?
PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2014 6:23 pm 

If I weren't such a lazy bastard I would go back and get the identical thread from each of the past years, with pretty much the same conversations :lol:

Look: the calendar is all full. Maybe it will be later. Maybe it will be on a different ship. Maybe it will be on a different line.
Did I miss anything?

Then the announcement of course will proof all of these speculations wrong. I'm sure it costs C9 a lot more money and man hours to prepare for JC on a whole new ship. It won't happen after just one year unless MSC decides they don't want JC anymore, which I don't foresee happening after having us for so many years. But ya'll will just have to wait until the summer to know for sure... :WHISTLE:

Bob Marley

PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2014 8:20 pm 

Reggaeboyz wrote:
If I weren't such a lazy bastard I would go back and get the identical thread from each of the past years, with pretty much the same conversations :lol:

Look: the calendar is all full. Maybe it will be later. Maybe it will be on a different ship. Maybe it will be on a different line.
Did I miss anything?

Then the announcement of course will proof all of these speculations wrong. I'm sure it costs C9 a lot more money and man hours to prepare for JC on a whole new ship. It won't happen after just one year unless MSC decides they don't want JC anymore, which I don't foresee happening after having us for so many years. But ya'll will just have to wait until the summer to know for sure... :WHISTLE:

Calendar is not full, open from 17-24th :D

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2014 9:55 pm 

Updated speculation... we depart on the Divina on January 6th, 2015!

Cloud 9 (actually) just announced two Holy Ship's for 2015 (both officially sailing on the Divina): January 3rd - 6th, and February 25th to 28th. http://holyship.com/

The current MSC site has the Divina returning from a regular cruise on the 3rd, and then a 14-day gap of open days! After Holy Ship, there are 11 more open days. (... but the MSC site still lists a regular 7-day cruise during the February Holy Ship dates, so they are obviously not fully updated)

If we are in that 11-day window, they will have to either transition to a 4-day Jamcruise (putting the Divina back on her regular departure schedule), or sub in one 6-day cruise to make up the difference. Or... 11-night Jamcruise? Haha!

My guess is JC will leave right after Holy Ship returns, on Tuesday January 6th. There is a bunch of setup that makes it worth their while to do these back-to-back, right? I would love a January 6th departure date, so here's hoping...!

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2014 10:37 pm 

I'm guessing that Jan 6-11 are going to be our dates, but let's hope they let us know soon. I mean, if they are already releasinf HS dates then they should go ahead and do the same for us.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2014 8:18 am 

The Jam Cruise dates/ship/port were announced on 3/21/13 last year.
The initial lineup was announced on 5/2/13 last year.
The FAQ is wrong, FYI.

At any rate, I will not be celebrating my bday on Divina this year since it's during Holy Ship! :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2014 1:01 pm 

So we'll be back to getting on a boat that's been trashed by Holy Shippers who don't care, and a staff that's worn out from dealing with Holy Shippers. Bummer. At least we got on before them this past year when the boat was really shiny and new.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2014 2:51 pm 

Hillary wrote:
:shock: :shock:
They would never let us have that.