The Jam Cruise Forum

It is currently Sat Oct 25, 2014 11:38 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Photos from Category 6 Regular Balcony Room???
PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2014 2:25 pm 

Does anyone have any pictures from this past year for the MSC Divina Category 6 Regular Balcony Cabin? I'm mostly interested in seeing the balcony itself. Any suggestions on which Deck is the best for Cat 6? (Decks 9, 10, 11, 12, 13)

Post subject: Re: Photos from Category 6 Regular Balcony Room???
PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2014 6:48 pm 

We dont have any pictures but I can give some description.

Look at the deck plans, they show the correct proportions. The Cat6 rooms are smaller and their balconies are smaller in depth. The balconies are still comfortable. You can sit in the balcony area and have people over and people can walk past you. The balcony dividers fold up nicely. They are still usable.

I should add that the Cat6 room is a decent compromise to get on a more expensive floor for less money, if that is where your friends are. The rooms are definitely smaller. Despite the description of the room and photos of the room (on both the JC website and the MCS website), there is no sofa, no drink table, and there is noticeably less floor space. You get what you pay for, but not exactly what the official description says.

maybe that helps till you get photos.

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2014 9:37 am 

Definitely helpful. Thank you!! We did some similar research and have already moved on from the Cat 6.....now trying to decide between Cat7 and Cat8.

Thanks for the info!!

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2014 10:41 am 

bean224 wrote:
Definitely helpful. Thank you!! We did some similar research and have already moved on from the Cat 6.....now trying to decide between Cat7 and Cat8.

Thanks for the info!!

What did you discover that tipped you out of the Cat 6 pool? I'm SO curious. :THINK:

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2014 1:59 pm 

I do want to reiterate that the Cat6 room does not have a sofa or a little table. The floor space is much smaller too. The photos and descriptions on JC, MSC, and most other travel sites show the Cat6 room lumped in as the same as the Cat7-Cat12 when it is not. I assumed it would have the same stuff crammed into a smaller space (based on the JC and MSC promo photos). No, it had less stuff in a smaller space.

The room is totally worth the money. We saved 500 or so by staying in a Cat6 with all our mates just doors away. But it sucked to go in the room and realize some comfort items were missing.

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2014 8:05 pm 

bennard wrote:
I do want to reiterate that the Cat6 room does not have a sofa or a little table. The floor space is much smaller too. The photos and descriptions on JC, MSC, and most other travel sites show the Cat6 room lumped in as the same as the Cat7-Cat12 when it is not. I assumed it would have the same stuff crammed into a smaller space (based on the JC and MSC promo photos). No, it had less stuff in a smaller space.

The room is totally worth the money. We saved 500 or so by staying in a Cat6 with all our mates just doors away. But it sucked to go in the room and realize some comfort items were missing.

Did you have a Large Balcony before? Cuz I never had a sofa in any balcony cabin I had on the Poesia. Personally, I didn't notice a difference in the size of the room itself in my cat6 balcony (balcony was def smaller tho), nor do I think anything was missing that I had in previous balcony cabins on other ships *shrug* as they say YMMV :) I do agree, totally worth the money.

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2014 2:39 pm 

I dont remember what kind of room we had on the Poesia but there was more floor space, a single cushioned chair and a little table. We were able to stow more stuff and still have people over.

I think they sneak that sofa into all the pictures.

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2014 10:31 am 

We definitely want to have the extra elbow room. Cat7 seems okay....but I'm concerned about the possibility of obstructed views, so now I'm thinking Cat8 is the way to go. --just to play it safe.

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2014 1:52 pm 

check a web site called "cruise critic". they have threads going where folks post photos from pretty much any ship, any category cabin so you can get a good idea of what you're booking...

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2014 2:49 pm 

We had a cat7 last year and it had a bathtub, but not a sliding door to the balcony, instead a door,,which sucked! Back to cat 6 this year