The Jam Cruise Forum

It is currently Tue Jul 29, 2014 10:50 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Interlocken festival
PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2013 5:06 pm 

col4bin wrote:
i thought they just wanted to put more emphasis on all the poppin and lockn that's gonna be going on. hopefully not the lockn up of hippies by douchebag VA police.

shake/watch your collective asses, brahs.

poppin' and lock'n with bobby....dream come true

PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2013 9:04 am 

ser.... see you at the chill

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 10:54 pm 

Anyone in Kansas City interested in going to show. I have two GA admission tickets and car w/ camping pass.
This is grvdgr's wife, it doesn't appear we will be making the festival. My husband "Todd" is in the hospital (stroke) and even if he does get out, he will not be in condition for a road trip. Please send PM.
thanks

JC8, JC10

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 10:46 am 

grvdgr9 wrote:
Anyone in Kansas City interested in going to show. I have two GA admission tickets and car w/ camping pass.
This is grvdgr's wife, it doesn't appear we will be making the festival. My husband "Todd" is in the hospital (stroke) and even if he does get out, he will not be in condition for a road trip. Please send PM.
thanks

So sorry to hear this, wishing him a speedy and full recovery

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 6:04 pm 

Don't count me out! Might not be able to talk, but I still plan on attending! .. just need to sell the wife! Got out of the hospital today, hopefully see some cruisers there to cheer me up! I sure could use it!

Peace!
GD

JC8, JC10

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2013 7:24 pm 

^ BADASS

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2013 12:46 am 

I'm so glad you're doing better! For everyone not going, there is a live feed.

http://nugs.tv

Edited so that I could add the link. Lol. Nugs.tv. Should have been able to remember that one.

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2014 2:52 pm 

figured I'd dig up an old thread instead of creating a new one...

So, just wondering if anyone that went to Lockn' Festival last year could give us a little insight? How was it? How was the 'scene'? Anything to keep in mind for this year?

Siouxzi and I are thinking of making the trek cross-country for this, but just want to make sure it's worth it. Of course, from the line-up alone, it certainly seems to be worth it, but also wanted to get the low-down from others.

And is anyone from the JamCruise family planning on attending Lockn' this year? Would love to catch up with some folks!

Also, VIP tickets are increasing by $100 on Monday - just in case anyone was looking into them...

Cheers

- Skate -

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2014 8:15 am 

Lockn' was awesome last year!! Definitely the best up and coming festival on the east coast in my opinion. Not to mention it's right down the road from us. Getting in was a bear last year but that's to be expected of any 1st year fest. I do think it will be improved this year. Of course once you're in it's all good :DANCE:

My only complaint was the long walk (approx 2 miles one way) between our campsite (car camping) and the concert grounds. It was just too much for us to do multiple times a day. I'd highly recommend paying the extra for preferred, tent only, or forest camping. You'll be a lot closer to everything except the Triangle Stage (unless they moved it) and you won't walk off your buzz every time you want to go into the concert grounds.

We did GA last year but have upgraded to VIP for this year. How could I resist with a lineup like this? By far one of the best lineups I've seen in a long time so I'm totally stoked. We're always down to catch up with some fellow JCers so I say be like Nike and "Just do it"!!!

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2014 10:18 am 

The festival lineup is amazing, & the interlocking stage concept allows you to miss nothing. Getting in the gate was an 8 hour fiasco, & the tent sites were way too far away to make trips back & forth possible. If you can afford any upgraded camping/RV/VIP (or bring a bike), I would definitely recommend it. As there is virtually no shade in the venue, pack lots of sunscreen & water.

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2014 4:33 am 

Sadly, my boss feels my addiction to music is foolish and interferes with day to day operations. I turned in my request for jam cruise on may 1st and she said it was an inconvenient time - she may not be able to approve it. Time to look for a new place of employment.
The Mrs is coming with me on JC this round and instructed me to obtain the best cabin available - looking forward to butler service!!!

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2014 2:12 am 

Well, we pulled the trigger, and decided to go VIP to be closer to things. Apparently there is also a shaded VIP viewing area, which should be helpful.

Hope we can catch up with some other JamCruise folks there.

Cheers

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2014 8:04 pm 

Lockn was fun! Super wide open and the double stages are a great set up! The wait to get in sucked big as we arrived a bit late and missed a few sets the first night, but just being happy to be alive made the wait seem small enough. It was a long ass walk from the back camping to the main stage, but probably did me some good. I saw a few JC'ers there, but wasn't comfortable enough with speaking to have any long conversations. This years line up looks great again! Tradition started! I would definitely do it again, but this year we decided to stay a little closer to home so ... Wakarusa it is! Still have not pulled the trigger on JC yet. On the fence. :?

JC8, JC10