The Jam Cruise Forum

It is currently Sun Nov 23, 2014 2:42 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Dave Biederman, celebrating life
PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2014 9:39 pm 

I'm not sure how many jam cruise folks knew Dave Biederman, but if you did, I am sorry to inform you that he has passed. He was on 4 cruises, the first being JC4 I believe, but definitely a part of the last 3. He was much loved in Tempe, AZ, and by many, many friends elsewhere. And his family in Michigan. We'll be doing a little ceremony for him this year on the boat. Love and peace.

Ian

Post subject: Re: Dave Biederman, celebrating life
PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2014 11:25 am 

Oh no! I'm really sorry to hear this news. My condolences to his friends and family.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2014 6:46 pm 

He was one of the most kind-hearted, generous souls I have ever encountered. He would gladly give the shirt off his back for anyone that he crossed paths with.

We are in the middle of a Dave memorial all this week here in Tempe. He was very much involved in every aspect of the live music scene here in Tempe and a lot of our favorite local bands may not be together if it weren't for him.

VERY sad indeed! We will definitely do something special on the boat this year.

:cry:

Let's get funky!!!!!

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2014 11:19 pm 

I had the pleasure of having dinner with Dave on Jamcruise a few years back. I love to take advantage of the sit down dinners, and unlike any other cruise where a table for 1 means dining alone on jamcruise its a great opportunity to meet new friends.

Dave and I were actually lucky enough to join Kris from Umphrey's at a table for a great meal and wonderful company. I told Dave how I wanted to see more shows with Jamcruise artists booked locally in my town, and Dave immediately told me that he books shows all the time in Arizona and that he would help me out with anything that I needed. We stayed in touch by email and really Dave helped set the groundwork for a friend and I to book the Mike Dillon band on their inaugural tour.

Thanks Dave, I didn't know you well, but the one interaction we did have meant a lot and made something magic happen in my town.

ManzellaPhotography.com