The Jam Cruise Forum

It is currently Tue Sep 02, 2014 7:37 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: $100 Off JAMCRUISE 1 OR 2 when you say 'DISCO' !!!!!!!!
PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2003 11:06 pm 

$100 Off JAMCRUISE 1 or 2 when you say 'DISCO' When you call to place your order.

www.jamcruise.com

Come ROCK the boat . . . FOR CHEAP !!!!

Post subject: caution! bumpin it up!
PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2003 4:33 am 
use caution as keyword...get $101 OFF and get a free caution recording teeshirt...upon ordering...when confirmed ...we will send you a free caution recording t-shirt and...we will also....for FREE send you a copy of any set from The Langerado Festival....hows save some $ get some clothes and free music...terrific deal!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

dave

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2003 1:40 pm 

Hmmm,

Which word speaks to me more . . . caution :(

or DISCO!!!! :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2003 2:55 pm 

DISCO....

Hey Now! I booked 8 months ago...I want my $100 off :shock:

Post subject: DISCO! err caution
PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2003 3:38 pm 
I made reservations the very first day and have made each and every paybment -
Do we get $100 back per "disco" or "caution"

IF NOT - why are the discounts being used to lure newbies in?
What kinda kick-backs are we going to get for signing up and paying?
IT better be good! Like a free upgrade to the next available level or something, cuz lets face it - we've done what was expected of everyone else, kinda like survivor - the losers don't win, we paid everything on time and are still going, thus surviving - we're the winners here, what do we get???

Thanks!
IRIE

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2003 4:34 pm 

I agree, in thoery.

-T

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2003 7:18 pm 

yeah,

This does burn me a little, I mean, High Sierra and Berkfest prices go UP as it gets closer, thus rewarding the support of early commiters who bank roll the event in advance. We, the early birds, who had their act together and their eye on the prize when tickets went on sale, are being penalized for our early support, in thoery, because you've exhuasted the market you have been selling to - tough lesson to learn, I guess - plus, jamcruiser mang't, i suspect you will get less of an initial turn out in the future with these tactics. We remember, and I, personally, play the game to win (i.e. giving you less of my money).

Note to self : Blow of ticket sales until the promotion and venue people are desparate, then low ball them.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2003 8:16 pm 

that is rough...

A festival is NOT the same as cruise ship. They esculate the prices at a festival in order to properly plan for things like Port-O-Potties and water access.

I think what occured here was a initial rush of people buying cabins which may have caused a false sense of that the boat was going to completely sell out in minutes.. Jeeze, I thought it was sold out after the 1st day. Now that it is not sold out and there is room on board, it is 100% lost revenue for every bed not taken.

I think Madison House is doing the right thing with the refrence program...

I think a good way to think of this is like airplanes... Sometimes if you buy your tickets way in advance you will pay out the butt, but if you wait until the last minute you can get a steller deal.. What you are paying for is the "peace of mind" that you will be on the flight you need to be. If you are willing to risk it.. you should wait..

Risk vs. Reward!

Personally.. I was willing to pay for the piece of mind that I had a room on this ship...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2003 8:35 pm 

i thought i was on the ball and booked day one. i paid in full for this "sold out event" months ago....

um.... if i smile pretty and say DISCO or CAUTION, anyone wanna give me $100 coupon towards my bar tab? (kidding, sorta kinda, not really?) ;)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2003 9:09 pm 
um.... if i smile pretty and say DISCO or CAUTION, anyone wanna give me $100 coupon towards my bar tab? (kidding, sorta kinda, not really?) ;)[/quote]

I agree with that statement. For those of us who were online @ 10:00 the day tickets went on sale should get some sort of discount.

just my .02

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2003 1:14 am 
FUCK the CouponMan!

I know if people cancel, they're losin' money, but they got to keep those deposits! It's not a 100% loss on each bed, it's 50%, which is pretty good. That means if they resold 50% of the beds that cancelled, they'd still be where they started. There's had to be a few cancellations even after the Sept 1st deadline...there's a room to make double their $ on.

Now let's assume they sell out ALL of MOST of the beds that reneged...now they make even MORE money than they started out with and WE early supporters, the bloodline of Jam Cruise 1, and the Mother of jamcruise II, get fucked...and they don't even buy us a drink first. :cry:

Anyway you look at it, it's bad business with this particular clientel scene to undercut the early supporters because the management got greedy and saturated their own market with a Jamcruise 2 immediately afterwards. Do a count of how many people bailed or took a loss on dumping their jam cruise 1 bed because they liked jam cruise 2 better (I know of 2). What's worse is that they rub it in our face, by plastering it all over the discussion board.

I agree that these people remember a good fuck as well as a bad one and this sales tactic will negatively affect future events like this as no one will book until the last minute.

So CAUTION CAUTION CAUTION is right.

The managment is making me DISCOusted!

Post subject: jcII savings
PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2003 1:18 am 
these were incentive for friends and family...everyone on jamcruise one got offered a $150 off if you paid by a certain date....check...this is true...the $150 offer does not still stand...people on jcII were offered the same quick buyout....so offering a discount for..$50 or $100 is still not the same amount that they offered everyone with the early buyout...these coupons are for cabins that we returned..caution recording didnt need its allotment..so to pass savings on to jcII they set up this program...also there is a $25 referral program to help you with your bartab...these incentives have always been in place...also some people who were on jcI wanted to change to jcII this opened up cabins as well..free t-shirt and music..we have been giving away free music thru this board and other ones as well...free.....no trades...nobnps...free.....thanks for buying your cabin...caution recording will be giving out sbd patches as well as a mic feed for all tapers..depending on bands ok....not sure if mic poles will be allowed on ship...

dave

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2003 3:18 am 
is the $100 off per person? or divided amongst the total cabin?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2003 6:49 am 
Anonymous wrote:
FUCK the CouponMan!

I know if people cancel, they're losin' money, but they got to keep those deposits! It's not a 100% loss on each bed, it's 50%, which is pretty good. That means if they resold 50% of the beds that cancelled, they'd still be where they started. There's had to be a few cancellations even after the Sept 1st deadline...there's a room to make double their $ on.

Now let's assume they sell out ALL of MOST of the beds that reneged...now they make even MORE money than they started out with and WE early supporters, the bloodline of Jam Cruise 1, and the Mother of jamcruise II, get fucked...and they don't even buy us a drink first. :cry:

Anyway you look at it, it's bad business with this particular clientel scene to undercut the early supporters because the management got greedy and saturated their own market with a Jamcruise 2 immediately afterwards. Do a count of how many people bailed or took a loss on dumping their jam cruise 1 bed because they liked jam cruise 2 better (I know of 2). What's worse is that they rub it in our face, by plastering it all over the discussion board.

I agree that these people remember a good fuck as well as a bad one and this sales tactic will negatively affect future events like this as no one will book until the last minute.

So CAUTION CAUTION CAUTION is right.

The managment is making me DISCOusted!

Right on Brotha........Right on!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2003 1:12 pm 

I have to say, next year I will definately be waiting untill the last minute, which is usually what I do anyway. People are getting on pretty cheap right now, but I am not angry, because some of them are my friends! :D I am glad they are going at all! I think even though certain aspects of this voyage like the adding of a better cruise right afterward(in my opinion) suck, we are still all very fortunate that someone decided to give this a shot at all no matter when we bought our cabin.(DAy 1, 10am) Don't forget, this is still going to rock, and no matter what boat you are on and how much you paid out the ass for this over the summer, when you're dancin' under the stars with a red stripe in your hand on the way to the bahamas while everyone else is freezing their ass off back home, I bet you wont even think about the nonsense of planning. I know I am not going to think about anything but boogieing with my friends under the full moon! 8) Remember, even though they are making money off this, it is the first time its been done, so I am sure its been rough and lessons have been learned, and I would have blown the money on somethin' dumb anyway! But I have to say I do like the idea of at least a two drink voucher per person that paid on the first day!!But that's because I love free drinks!!Whoa!That was long!