The Jam Cruise Forum

It is currently Mon Sep 22, 2014 10:19 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Another voice in the chorus
PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2003 1:39 pm 

Ok - I just have to chime in here.

I'm new to this board (no idea why I waited this long to post since you're all going to be my new friends). I am, however, not new to Jamcruise. I bought tix WAAAAYYY EARLY. Like the day after the night that I got the email for the special Pre-sale ticket sale for members of the band's e-list. I was planning this thing from the day it was announced. I live about 2 hours north of Lauderdale and am down there every weekend for music anyway so there's no way I could miss it.

From what I've read here, there's really nothing I can add to the discussion that hasn't been said already (Please don't dominate the rap Jack....). I just wanted to add my voice to the disgruntled chorus.

But, like GreatKate just wrote...." when you're dancin' under the stars with a red stripe in your hand on the way to the bahamas while everyone else is freezing their ass off back home, I bet you wont even think about the nonsense." No, while on board I won't think how I paid OUT THE ASS for accomodations that are cheaper for people who weren't really as serious about the cruise as I am. No, I won't think about it WHILE I"M THERE. While I'm there I'm checking all that bulshit at the dock and taking nothing but happy thoughts with me. I will remember it next year. I will remember it when dealing with any of these production companies again in the future. I'm sure many of you will too.

I'm looking forward to this as much as the rest of you. I can't wait to meet you all. My girl's brithday is the day we set sail - she'll be 35 - come wish her a happy birthday - her name's Dana.

26 days and counting...

The Colonel :mrgreen:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2003 1:46 pm 
Oh, I'm not saying I wont remember it, I am just trying to be positive. No, I was pretty pissed for awhile any time I thought about JAmcruiseII,(I would much rather be on the second boat, I like our bands but I like some of their bands better ie. DTB, YMSB, Les Claypool, Rebirth, but all my pals and I got on the boat the day of) but I am beyond that now. I should really be pissed because we only wanted the cheap $500 a night rooms and got bumped up due to sooooo many people buying tickets to $900 rooms and now there are rooms selling for $625! But I am not that mad. Screw it, life's to short.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2003 6:47 pm 
Site Admin

Hi Everyone,

We're sorry that any of these discounts have casused a stir but hopefully this will explain things a bit:

Jam Cruise I is close to being sold out and Jam Cruise II is selling well. But since we do have some cabins left, we don't want them to do go unused. We want it to be successful so everyone can be a part of this amazing adventure.

We didn't want anyone to post the discounts to our message board, that's our fault, and it sorta defeats the purpose since most of you on the boat already.

However, these incentive & referral programs can benefit YOU as well as any new passenger. The $100 off a person means that YOU can get $100 your fare for getting anyone to sign up. So get out there and get some of your friends to join the party!

And there have been some companies, like radio stations and other media outlets, that have OBTAINED cabins to do whatever they want with them, which means if they want to do a giveways or a 1/2 price deal, they have the right to do this. This is normal for any marketing campaign.

We're about to announce an in-house financing program and we hope that doesn't make you angry. There are music lovers that want to come on board but just can't come up with all the money right away.

We know you were lucky and got spots in the beginning, and yes, we elected to do two cruises. The bands wanted to and so did the fans. We will most likely stick to one a year in the future. We're doing everything in our power to make this successful and we appreciate everyone's support and we hope to have many more Jam Cruises in the years to come.

Gratefully yours,

Julie McCoy

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2003 12:07 am 
THAT IS BULLSHIT! :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2003 12:12 am 
I am now calling this thing Jam Boooooouise.

Post subject: whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2003 12:21 am 
whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

everyone had a chance to save $150 if they paid it off early!...thats not an incentive......

Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Post subject: Thank YOU Annabel
PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2003 10:44 am 

I sincerely hope my "chiming in" did not offend. I know our cruise director and production staff are working hard on this. I know this is a first effort and there are bugs to be worked out and lessons to be learned. I also know that depsite these bugs and lessons, JamCruise will rank right up there with my best show memories ever.

For that I want to say in advance THANK YOU TO JULIE MCCOY AND HER TEAM!!

My motto when making the purchase was "No matter what the cost I HAVE to be on this boat!" So, I am going to stick with that. I don't care if I'm paying this thing off on a credit card for the next 8 months. All I REALLY care about is the memories I will be acquiring. And after all, in the end, that's all life is - a collection of memories. We should grab as many great ones as we can no matter what it takes.

To say I appreciate the work that's been done would be an understatement at best. Every JamCruiser owes these people a personal debt of gratitude for the efforts they have put forth. And for not only listening to people like me bitch about things, but responding to us directly and really "hearing" us. Thank YOU Julie McCoy!

See you all on board!

The Colonel :mrgreen:

Post subject: working out here for what?
PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2003 6:40 pm 
i am on one of the so called "street teams"..i too was offered incentives to go out and get people to come on the cruise...seems as though disco has it easy using the message board to make himself $..im out going to shows handing out flyers and coupon cards...i hope to win the cabin which was promised to the person who brings in the most referrals...i dont have a chance now that disco has had his post up...first for 50$ ...now $100...seems like disco has all the insider info...wait..next week he will offer $150 off...also doesnt seem fair...to give jamcruise a fair shake...they had a $150 off per cabin incentive if you paid it all by a certain date,, that was the way it went..so everyone had achance to sve themselves some $ as well as making $ thru the referral program...
working for a cabin seems unobtainable for me...

sorry to see so much whining..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2003 7:54 pm 
maybe "CouponMan" has been flyer'ing as well as posting on the message boards. I certainly wish I had thought of it first, eh?

use all the resources you have - same as he/she has.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2003 3:49 am 
gotta say i agree with greatkate's sentiments. When i saw the schedule talking about Disco Biscuits late night the first night, I realized, if all the other bands jump into the water and they give their cabins away free to w00ks it will be worth what I paid just for that Biscuits show. Note to Bisco: you better bring it!!