The Jam Cruise Forum

It is currently Fri Apr 18, 2014 5:13 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 74 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Which band is the #1 clencher for you going on the JamCruise?
Galactic 10%  10%  [ 8 ]
Keller Williams 22%  22%  [ 18 ]
Bill Nershi & Liza Oxnard 1%  1%  [ 1 ]
Peter Rowan & Reggaebilly 5%  5%  [ 4 ]
Umphrey's McGee 12%  12%  [ 10 ]
Karl Denson's Tiny Universe 15%  15%  [ 12 ]
The Disco Biscuits 17%  17%  [ 14 ]
Particle 10%  10%  [ 8 ]
The Dirty Dozen Brass Band 1%  1%  [ 1 ]
Other 7%  7%  [ 6 ]
Total votes : 82
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2003 3:56 pm 
BNR!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2003 4:43 pm 
Why, the Biscuits, of course!! :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2003 4:44 pm 
Why, the Biscuits, of course!! :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2003 7:35 pm 

have to disagree, mr guest.

I think it will sell out, and quickly at that. seems that most of the draw will be from one of the 4 groups:

1)umphreaks
2)biscoheads (or whatever ya call yourselves)
3)galactic fans
4)people who arent neccesarily into any of these bands, and just know how much fun it will be as a whole.

Considering your average 4-day festival costs $150, and this one takes you ona cruise to the bahamas starting at $500, the costs are trivial. look at the popularity of sci's international incidents. people arent afraid to throw down to see music in a tropical paradise.

As for insurance, I'm sure whoever owns the boat already has insurance, this is no different from any other cruise, other than the fact that it has superior entertainment....

Post subject: insurance
PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2003 11:52 pm 
promoter will buy supplemental insurance..IE: no slip
also you will probably sign your life away to step foot on the boat for liability...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2003 5:40 am 
biscuits by a landslide.....................the others are great, but nothing next level.....their show at jazz fest on the boat was the best show i saw on the night schedule. completely off the hinges. and that was the last nite of the festival.....they're in a league of their own............

Post subject: look it is happening......
PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2003 9:45 am 
naysayers beware...you will be picking up leftover streamers from the dock as you wipe a tear from your eye while the jamcruise departs...
every concert/venue you goto has insurance....its called vicarious liability...the cruise line also will make you sign a lilited liability waiver which exempts them from liability..also supplemental insurance will be offered by the cruise/travel agent..this cruise is happening....all the bands listed have been paid 50% deposits and i couldnt imagine what kind of deposit you need to put on a boat..this event probably cost HALF A MILLION dollars to pull off...reading the info..says the have a legal team involved...blues cruise,donnabuffalo,moe...the have had cruises and have some listed right now....search in google for cruises..there are all kinds...including music...(not 12 bands) but have themed cruises based around music..why dont you take that negative vibe some where else
this cruise will rock!yes the price might leave some people in the scence leftout due to cost.. the scamming dirtsurfers swinging drugs or stealing from concert goers cars are probably not going to afford it....22 shows in 4 days this is wicked....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2003 10:07 am 

Anonymous wrote:
Peter Rowan all the way!!! PSYCHE!!! who the hell is that guy? Karl D is bringin da heat on dis one!!!

I bet whoever posted this pretty good with a hula hoop.

Peter Rowan is a living legend.

Post subject: Keller Williams!!!
PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2003 11:49 pm 

So he might get a little sea-sick. That won't stop Keller Williams from jamming all of our minds through International Waters. I can't believe no one has mentioned him in here yet.

Post subject: the umph
PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2003 12:57 am 
Like alot of these people i am gunning UMPHREYS MCGEE the whole way..... and for the rest of you, it may not be what your talking about on the way there but you will be on the way back

Post subject: this is humorous
PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2003 5:17 pm 

Why should there only be one clencher? Would I pay $500+ to see any one of these bands? Probably not. But I plan on grabbing a spot because I like most all of the bands/djs that are listed. And the other ones that I can't say I like, I've never heard. So I see it as a great way to enjoy a bunch of my favorite bands and get exposed to a couple of new things all while cruising around the caribbean.

By the way......I voted for Galactic, but that's only because they've been my favorite band for a few years now.

See you on the boat.

Post subject: It's KDTU to you!
PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2003 4:46 pm 

:mrgreen:

I'm going because of Karl D.

As a wise one once replied to Bob Eubanks on an episode of the Newly Wed Game, "Dat most debinitely be duh butt, Bob!"

Post subject: band
PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2003 11:02 pm 

daniel! i just read about this and was gonna ask you what you thought tomorrow. i posted the t-shirt page on ezboard. thanks again. definately

galactic :)

Post subject: bands
PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2003 9:17 am 

Particle and Galactic sealed the deal

Post subject: Re: band
PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2003 2:10 pm 

Hey e.!! How do you get to EZboard? Are you really thinking about going on the cruise? We should hook it up! Fayetteville float trip! Can we ski off the back of the ship?

i still say bisco is the clencher, but you'll see, you'll see!

My vessel and it's crew of 21, and we'll fly! - Magellan's on board

wsp angel wrote:
daniel! i just read about this and was gonna ask you what you thought tomorrow. i posted the t-shirt page on ezboard. thanks again. definately

galactic :)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 74 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next