The Jam Cruise Forum

It is currently Mon Dec 22, 2014 10:51 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2003 2:42 pm 
damn yo, wash off your hate...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2003 3:29 pm 

Hey man... like sugar-water off a duck's back.... then distilled... and poured down my throat... I'm over it!

25 days to go man, and I can barely sit still! 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2003 5:42 pm 

Let nothing I say below in any way belittle the gratitude and thanks I have for Julie McCoy and the organizers of this event. That being said, here's the true story that prompted my entry into this little discussion. sorry I waited so long to share my motivator but it's been a busy couple of days:

I have been begging my friends to go ever since we got word additional cabins were avilable. I finally got them to see it my way when I received the boarding documents and info kit from JamCruise promising that I could get a $100 discount and so could my friends if I referred them. Wow! A way to recupe some of the almost $2300 I put up for my girl and I. Or so I thought. My friends made some phone calls, wrote some emails and basically sacrificed two nights of Phish by selling their tickets and cancelling hotel reservations to get the money together for the cruise.

Well, in the time it took for them to make the arrangements of selling tix and cancelling hotels, my friend's sister (who works for the New Times Newspaper) called and said "hey - there's an add in the New Times saying mention this add and cruise for $292.00/person." When my friends called Mad House And said "our friend referred us to JamCruise BUT we saw this add in the New Times...." To cut this long story right here: They got the superduper cheapo rate and I do not get my referral bonus.

All I'm sayin' is this: There are legitimate gripes about what has transpired and this public forum is the perfect place for them. You who would attempt to silence the voices of the discontented just don't get it. If we air our grievances in an adult and courteous manner and bring instances such as these to the attention of the production staff, perhaps some wrongs can be righted. I feel wronged in a couple of different ways.

I don't think this topic is dead. I think it is far from it. I think that it will take experiencing this cruise AND the next one before I have finalized my thoughts and reached the end of my willingness to discuss it further. It remains to be seen what actions will be taken by JamCruise. I am more than willing to give them some serious latitude though for it has been a daunting task I'm sure.

One suggestion that I think is realistic: Discounted rates on JamCruise 2004 for those who paid full price for this one. This allows Julie and the cast of the Love Boat to BURY this subject for another year and then to take that year to study the lessons learned and make the next cruise nothing but smooth sailing.

Again, I CAN NOT FREAKIN' WAIT to get on that boat!

Peace ya'll,

The Colonel :mrgreen: