The Jam Cruise Forum

It is currently Mon Sep 15, 2014 11:03 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Drums, Bass, Guitar on Boat?
PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2003 1:51 pm 
Is :shock: anyone going to bring some of their gear on the boat. I was thinking about bringing my Bass and Practice amp to do some daytime jamming in the cabins or where ever. Who's in?????????????????

Post subject: Re: Drums, Bass, Guitar on Boat?
PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2003 3:37 pm 

Grape Ape wrote:
Is :shock: ....bringing my Bass and Practice amp to do some daytime jamming in the cabins ....

hmm...daytime jamming in the cabins...that'd wouldn't be when others are trying to sleep would it? :roll:

You're not on the Upper Deck are ya? :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2003 6:00 pm 

Hey Man - I play keys and I'm bringing along the PURRRFECT instrument for exactly the moment when I meet someone like YOU! I have a melodica (probably seen Medeski play one). I'm in P43. See you on the boat mang!

The Colonel :mrgreen:

Post subject: drums, bass etc.
PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2003 9:44 pm 

I'm hoping to "Jam" with some folks. I will bring a small assortment of basic percussion instruments. Col. Bruce Hampton is my hero fyi
I look forward t meeting you guys. I'll be wearing an "EAT MORE KALE" shirt. see you on JCII

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2003 4:55 pm 
Well right on my friends...........I can't wait!!!

Post subject: Ukulele
PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2003 12:21 pm 

I was thinking of bringing my uke...it's small and portable. keep talking about jamming and I might have to drag it along...

Go on the Jamcruise...

Post subject: Re: Drums, Bass, Guitar on Boat?
PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2003 5:20 pm 

Ethan wrote:
Grape Ape wrote:
Is :shock: ....bringing my Bass and Practice amp to do some daytime jamming in the cabins ....

hmm...daytime jamming in the cabins...that'd wouldn't be when others are trying to sleep would it? :roll:

You're not on the Upper Deck are ya? :wink:

Word

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2003 2:14 pm 
What do you mean "word"?

Post subject: He means he agrees
PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2004 12:44 am 
And I mean he should bring earplugs! :lol:

Rock on my bruthas! P43 or where ever it moves to.

I can't bring/risk my bass, but I will hold a steady pulse, and bounce it just a touch, for a long long time.

:D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2004 5:36 pm 

I'm going to really need to pick up a bass after all of this music. Hope somebody brings one. Maybe Les will give me a loaner. Les, I'm the pale guy that looks really happy by the pool. Thanks in advance.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2004 9:19 pm 
Darkpigeon, that was too funny. Hey bud, I am bringing my bass along and I'll be more than happy to let you play it. I am hoping to have a little jam session during the days (accoustic if need be to let those rest whom are tired). or find a place on land and jam. If you happen to break my bass, then I have your permission to put you in a tanning bed for 25 minutes and then post you on the net as one of the "priceless" emails. Look forward to meeting you in a few days, take care and take SPF 45.......Late!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2004 10:04 pm 
Can I borrow it too? I'm just scared of the salt water air. I just got the neck worked on, and to go from Colorado to Florida would just tear it up.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2004 11:16 pm 
partyoutdoors... wrote:
Can I borrow it too? I'm just scared of the salt water air. I just got the neck worked on, and to go from Colorado to Florida would just tear it up.

Thats what I'm a little afraid of too. The body and neck are made from 5 different woods and I know the climate change will warp it a little, but it's nothing a nice truss rod adjustment can't fix.
Besides little jam circles here and there, I am hoping for Claypool to slap a little diddy on it. If I can get a picture of him playing my bass, it's worth a little warping.
I can't take this anymore, I think I am going to start walking down to Ft. Lauderdale!!! Is it the 10th yet?????????