The Jam Cruise Forum

It is currently Thu Aug 28, 2014 11:25 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Married Folks with No Passport - Question for Julie
PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2003 3:28 pm 
I had a question regarding I.D. so I called Madison House. I was told that because my wife's birth certificate has her maiden name, and her photo I.D. has her married name, that we would need to bring our marriage certificate to get her on board. If this is the case please make an announcement for clarification. After being married for 14 years, it took a while to figure out where that thing was.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2003 8:27 pm 
Site Admin

Bring a copy of your marriage certificate. Trust me, we don't make these rules. They are from customs.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2003 9:14 am 
the point is that we should be informed of all these special quirks. are there any other special situations we need to know about besides what was in the info?

leaving for miami in 7 days 4 hours 55 minutes. yee hawwwwwwwwww!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2003 9:41 am 
imdarksideofoz wrote:
the point is that we should be informed of all these special quirks. are there any other special situations we need to know about besides what was in the info?

Is there any way the information from the packets could be put up on the website? For those of us who weren't the lead person in our group and didn't receive anything?

Post subject: Hidden rules
PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2003 11:10 am 

I would be royally pissed if I showed up ready to party & was not allowed on the boat just because I was married and didn't know about this rule. :x

Madison House made it very clear that all passengers needed either birth certificate or passport, but nothing whatsoever was said about this marriage license deal. It's pretty late in the game to find this out now. :(

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2003 11:33 am 
Site Admin

We're working on an online information pack for you.

Queenbee,

This situation is very particular.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2003 9:27 pm 

Probably too late for this, but when we got married, I went to the place where I originally bought my passport, and had it ammended. They took a copy of my marriage certificate and the passport and sent it back to me with my new name typed in on the back cover. I think you can pay extra and have it rushed, but since time is short, I think the best thing to do is just bring along a copy of the certificate.